4.0 out of 5 stars Don't take it too seriously

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok game but DRM ruins it, 18 July 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Driver San Francisco (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Ubisoft and its love to make it honest customers difficult. Yesterday Uplay was offline (I think because of the steam sales their was a high number of new authentications) and I was unable to play Driver San francisco. Offline mode didn't work because I needed to authenticate my game, which isn't a problem but the damn servers are offline that is needed to authenticate my serial.

The only people that could enjoy the games without any sweat where those who have pirated the game and aren't even a paying customer, where is the logic in that ?

Beware if you buy a Ubisoft game because they like to punish their paying customers for some weird sadomasochistic reason !

3.0 out of 5 stars just ok., 18 Nov 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Driver San Francisco (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I like the graphics and the feel of the cars. The story, however, is poor and quasi-paranormal (to justify the ability to "jump" into other drivers heads and control them. The story is overshadowed by many, fairly repetitive small races, stunt challanges and pursuits that have little or nothing to do with the story. So much so that the game needs to re-tell the story...a lot!... "previously, on Driver San Francisco..."

All in all: a nice-looking, sort of inventive game, but a poorly told story and a concept that doesn't really work for me. That said... maybe I had high expectations since I loved Driver 1.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't take it too seriously, 13 Nov 2011
This review is from: Driver San Francisco (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This game is a lot of fun if you don't expect it to be a real driving simulation. There's loads to do and you're not constrained by a "route" through it, though you do have to do challenges to open up new parts of San Francisco. You'll also find a steering wheel a great help - I bought the Guillemot one from Amazon (check the compatibility list on the box) - it's cheap and works incredibly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like car chases? Like a cool 70s soundtrack? Like cars? Then this game is for you., 9 Nov 2011
R. Smith (England, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Driver San Francisco (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I got this game a little while after the initial release. I was determined NOT to pay the full asking price on Steam and because I am a bit old skool I prefer physical media anyway. For measly £16 I get the DVD version. Installs with little issue. I must say I do find the UBISOFT DRM very annoying. You MUST have an internet connection live to install the game. Also the game searches for updates every time you run it which is also irritating. However, these issues to one side what you get is a nicely put together game. A good story line that makes you feel you are taking part in a film rather than just a game. The game isn't without flaws, the cars as mentioned in reviews I've read are indeed handbrake heavy but they are not overly twitchy like they are in some games which would make them frustrating to control. Car handling and crash damage isn't terribly realistic but it doesn't detract from the game. Driving around is a pleasure and the missions are challenging to maintain your interest. The cars are cool and there is a nice little easter egg in the game when you drive the Delorian for the first time. :-) Take a guess. The game characters are not in anyway annoying which makes a refreshing change. The concept of shifting from one vehicle to another is a unique and nicely intergrated feature of the game. This game isn't a simulator, it is more of an arcade game but it is really nicely put together and good fun! Certainly worth a look. :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Lags on WIn8. Online is clunky. Requires UPlay, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Driver San Francisco (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I tried running it on a system with FX-8350, GTX760, 20GB RAM, lowest settings at 2560x1440 (I did also try lower resolution) and get a unplayable framerate. Also tried on a i5 2500, HD7870XT 16GB RAM lowest settings and still unplayable framerate. Online also kept disconnecting. And the Uplay software is terrible.

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 on both systems. I assume the game works if you don't have Windows 8, but didn't test.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game....., 16 Oct 2013
Mr. F. R. Rabbi (Leeds) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Driver San Francisco (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Amazing game at dead cheap price. Briiliant graphic and realistic sound. Highly recommend. Use to play Grand Auto Thief 4 but this one is better. A*****

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: Driver San Francisco (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Well what more can I say for £8 a must buy, I'd recommend a game pad of some sort to experience the game properly. I personally use a 360 pad and can't fault it.

Anyway from what I have seen so far
1st - The graphics are very good I wasn't expecting them to be as good as they were
2nd - Very fun loads of things you can do if you don't fancy doing the main mission which could of maybe been slightly better but on the whole, very good game play and enough variety to keep you from making your own fun.
3rd - The models of the cars and the variety of cars is very good not seen models this good in a non driving sim

Bad points well maybe they could of introduced a bit of fluidity into the game I find myself just roaming a lot doing other things and then by the time I get back onto the main story it seems abit lost on me as a lot of other things are happening in the game at once. They also could of improved the music in the game found my self on mission the characters seem to ramble on with themselves over the music and can become annoying at at times.

Overall defiantly say buy it if you are looking for a time waster game, and for the price you can't really argue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Driver SF, 8 Oct 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Driver San Francisco (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Great storyline ubisoft was light on the graphic design of the game but this plays well to the games total stability (PC). Great for old school PS1 gamers who like some good old nostalgia.
Great game full of those good old Driver chases.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Driver San Francisco (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Our computer did not support the software necessary to run this game. However after playing it at a friends house (ps3) it has a interesting storyline and and amazing graphics.

The car driving characteristics is more of a drifting style. From the smallest car to the biggest truck. Would recommend this game if you are considering to get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Underestimated racing game, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Driver San Francisco (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Very nice racing game and unfortunately underestimated.
I'm so happy I finally found another decent racing game after NFS keeps getting worse and worse...
I absolutely loved NFS : Most Wanted but after that it's all downhill for EA.
I can't wait to see Ubisoft's "The Crew"-racing game which is expected in 2014.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Driver San Francisco (PC DVD)
Driver San Francisco (PC DVD) by Ubisoft (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)