I purchased the purple one - it looked pretty snazzy with the lime green rope.

My dog adores balls on ropes which have jingly bells in them and we spent many hours playing tug games. I would say that this was probably her favourite toy of all time.

A word of caution - if you have a dog who likes to shake their head whilst holding the rope and tugging - the ball has little hard nodules on it and boy do they hurt when the dog shakes it at full pelt into your leg!

This toy did last for ages and it seemed pretty sturdy. However, when a friend's dog visited she chewed the end where the bell was and took a huge chunk of the rubber at the bottom without much effort. This left the bell exposed inside and I was concerned that it could come out and choke my pup.

Recently my dog was tugging this rope with another doggie friend. They pulled so hard that the rope came away from the ball and they were left looking momentarily baffled as one was left with the ball and the other had just the rope.
on 25 June 2012
It's not an expensive product so comments need to be in context. Our female Labrador destroyed the rattle within seconds, and the rope attachment within a few minutes, though the remaining ball is quite a favourite. May as well just have got a straightforward ball.
on 13 June 2012
I have a Westie and buy these by the half-dozen, not because he destroys them but because he has the habit of dropping them in ponds or bramble bushes where they cannot be retrieved.

The rope makes it easy to throw really far without having to carry one of those daft launchers. And nylon ropes like these do not soak up filth quite as badly as cotton ones.

My dog is not destructive, so these balls give months of pleasure, when he doesn't lose them. However, one Lab I met, plus one terrier, each chewed through the rope in about 30 seconds.

So whether they last depends on your dog and the dogs s/he meets. If you want indestructible go for a Kong - but I don't believe they make balls on ropes with bells on.

edit: Bizarrely, when I wrote this review I thought these toys had bells inside, which my dog always liked, having poor eyesight. They don't. Odd how hard it is to find ones that do...
on 24 July 2011
My dog loves balls and I find the ball on a rope is easier to throw than an ordinary ball, these balls have a bell in them and are softer rubber than the other types of balls i have baught,but are ideal for puppies and small dogs
on 22 July 2012
We bought two balls at the same time. They are cheap and nasty, the rope came out of the hole within a week on the first ball and the 2nd ball lasted about 3 weeks. Look good, cheap price....but dont last!
on 28 September 2012
The product is okay, but I am not happy because I was only sent one Rope and Ball Dog Toy instead of the two I paid for. Emailing the company has got me nowhere as I havent had a reply. I wouldnt bother ordering from a company again who treats customers so casually.
on 23 May 2012
Not bought a toy like this before, but thought I would try something a bit different from the standard tennis ball with my spaniel.
However, the handle on the rope snapped only the second/third time I threw it- nothing to do with the dog.
My boy did then manage to split the ball when retrieving it, so I quickly had to remove the bell as it was hanging out- choking hazard.
A few throws later and the rope came off completely, leaving him with a pretty sorry looking toy, which went in the park bin before we came home.
on 26 May 2016
Poor quality, both broke within minutes. The string comes out of the ball really easily. Even after tying a double knot.
on 30 November 2013
This is my 3rd ball I buy for my dog. He loves them so much that makes me throw them in the ark at night and loses them all the time. Also when he is playing with his mates is lovely to see them all fighting for this ball and not the others. quality is good too. Sadly it doesn't float and this was 1 of the 3 balls we lost when thrown on the sea it sank!

But it's really good and fun to fun to use!
on 30 November 2014
Bought this after our dog lost hers to the ocean, despite the rope coming out of the ball numerous times and it gradually ripping after games of tug of war it had lasted her a pretty long time and she loved it. She loves this one just as much (though the rope is orange on the purple ball rather than green as shown), but the part of the rope that is split to make a handle to hold is very weak and it tore apart in no time (within ten minutes of playing with it) It's still usable though, as there's enough rope to hold on to for throwing and I'm hoping it'll last as long as the previous one!
review image