5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding quality in sound and build.
First a little background.

I'm a gamer and a musician. So I'm always on the look out for gear that performs well in both areas. From the gaming side of things, the most important aspect to me is voice communication for MMO play over programs like Ventrilo and Mumble. At the same time, I do use sound queue's in game to help my awareness and performance. From a...
Published on 12 Mar. 2011 by Steve

3.0 out of 5 stars Gosh, shot in the rear again...
As a keen gamer and occasional music listener I wanted a pair of surround sound headphones that would add to my gaming experience but not embarrass themselves when I listened to music. I have a pair of Sennheiser stereo headphones that cost about £40 a couple of years ago. Their sound was very good but only stereo.

The build quality of the G930s is very good...
Published on 16 Jan. 2012 by A. J. Weston

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally did it- and didn't regret it!, 6 Jan. 2013
J. Jensen (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Discontinued) (Electronics)
Headsets. Every gamer has one, every gamer needs one. But which one?!
I was very satisfied with my Plantronics GameCom 367 and by misfortune, it broke.

Alas, I found myself looking for another headset.. Should it be wireless? No? Corded headset was my preference, because I have been using that throughout my 14 years of computer gaming. A corded headset should of course have jack-plugs, because USBs have a habit of humming, in my experience. Either in the cups or in the microphone.
So I went to a Razer Tiamat 7.1 first- "Live 7.1 surround sound" sounded promising, yet
it turned out to be complete rubbish and cost even more than the Logitech. (The sound was okay, but the microphone was the worst I had ever tried).

However, I can only recommend the G930 after having tried it-
It's perhaps not the most durable plastic, but that won't be an issue if you take care of your headset (placing it right, not sitting on it, nor sleeping with it). The comfort is superb and the sound is great, perhaps a little weak bass, but that can ba adjusted in the rich variety of settings in the Logitech Gaming Headset Software. The battery life is approximately 10 hours as promised, and the recharging works well, also during use.

The wireless freedom is amazing, I must admit.
I couldn't get used to it at first-- I literally "felt" a cord on my shoulder, which I naturally had to brush off whenever I'd get up to go elsewhere and leave the heads.. (oh wait- it's wireless) or when I'd get up to sit at my piano to play.. And when I'd get up to go back to the computer.
When my body finally realised that I had a wireless headset, I couldn't get the smirk off my face as I was walking around my room, talking to my friends.
And now? I'm just loving it. Loving every second of the gaming experience with it- and even if it should break some day- I'll be sure to buy another one.

So for all you doubting gamers out there- This is really the headset to get!

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Surround Sound, 18 Oct. 2012
Paul Hosier - See all my reviews
First, let me preface this by saying that I've never owned a pair of surround sound headphones. I have been using the same 2.1 speakers for over 10 years, and that has been adequate. But recently I started gaming with friends using Skype, so I wanted something good.

These headphones feel quite sturdy, they are very tight but I feel over time they will loosen up. I would recommend a bit of gentle stretching, but do so at your own risk.

The biggest letdown is the surround sound though. It's so tinny!
In games it's not really noticeable, although I did have to fight with the drivers before they would make the sound come out of all speakers correctly.
But in programs that don't natively support 7.1 or surround sound in general, it sound very tinny and almost echo-y. It was most noticeable in Skype. With surround sound on, my friends sound like they are talking through a tin can. Thank goodness I didn't watch the newest Batman film while wearing these, Bane would have been impossible to understand!

I do not know if I got a faulty headset, but I have tried everything I can think of - different drivers, fiddling with the EQ, changing the levels on the individual speakers.

I mentioned that these are the first surround sound headphones I've had, because I don't know if this is par for the course with surround sound, but I can't imagine it is. Feel free to let me know in the comments!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant headphones, 7 Jan. 2013
I was on the lookout for a new set of PC headphones after the creative set I was using developed a break in the join at the base of the right ear cup, and decided this would be a good time for an upgrade.

Firstly I'm a PC Gamer, from Battlefield 3 to combat simulators so as you can imagine I need good quality gear and the Logitech G930 don't disappoint. Stereo audio sound crisp and clean and then there is the magical 7.1 Dolby which is just awesome providing you are listening the the appropriate audio feed, what I mean is don't stick on you're fav CD with 7.1 enabled it try's to split the audio to all the channels and it just does not sound right.

The three G buttons are programable on the left ear cup for many user friendly options through the provided Logitech software, there is also a volume scroll wheel and a mic mute button, but the mic also auto mutes when moved to the up position,

Around 2.5 hours to charge to full battery when I first plugged these into the charging cable that conveniently plugs into USB give around 10 hours use, witch I find more than enough.

Also the wireless performance is brilliant, I'm able to go anywhere in my home and still be able to hear the audio coming from my PC as if I was sat at it and the freedom of no wire is fantastic.

To round off, I'm not disappointed with these headphones and I don't think you will either.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love them except they turn themselves off after set time, 11 Dec. 2012
I have had these head phones for over a year. I am impressed with the quality of them for I have dropped them on the hard wood floor accidentally more times than I care to admit. The Headphones still were not damaged. I am impressed the leather did not crack and is still in perfect condition. I am impressed with the sound quality but I have to admit I only use them for gaming and watching videos so I cannot vouch for music on the headset.

The only reason I am searching for a better gaming headset is because Logitech made the headset to turn itself off even when plugged in after being un-used for a set time. What that set time is I have not figured out but I hate it when they turn off. If I wanted to turn them off I would do so but let me decide logitech. There is no waY that I have found to stop the headset from turning off when I am reading and taking a break from using them. If anyone knows a way please let me know.

I am happy with the battery life. I suppose that is one of the reason Logitech decided to conserve the battery to automatically shut them off. I have not timed it but it seems about 15 minutes but I cannot vouch for that. I would buy the same brand again if it did not automatically shut off. I deducted a star for this reason. I am impressed with the wireless connection I can walk to other rooms and the headset still works wireless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic headset, 13 Mar. 2011
I can't stress how amazing these headphones are, before I start nit-picking below. They sound amazing, the battery life is fantastic, the mic works well, the G keys (mostly) and volume are easy to use and sensible.

One thing to note, the headphone buttons/volume might not work if you unplug them while on. This just requires a quick off and on again of the headset, nothing major.

Criticisms are all minor, but worth noting: I have some problems wearing them for long periods due to my glasses, on the lower head sizes they do press quite firmly against the head.
The G keys are nice when they work and for the packaged keybindings, its unobtrusive and doesn't require any setting up. However, its not easy at all to add different programs, and a small 'How to write a DLL' tutorial would have been nice at the least. (This still by default contains Itunes, Windows media player and Ventrilo among others, so all major programs)
The bass from the headphones is rather disappointing if you keep them in stereo mode, this is offset by it becoming fantastic as soon as you flick it to 7.1 again.

Overall, despite me listing problems with it, they are mostly minor or easily fixed, and I still absolutely love the set, being able to take skype calls around the house with me is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Mar. 2014
ever wanted to listen to music whilst having a dump? now you can!

also really good quality sound. the advantage of no wires is that they don't coil up on themselves which always used to happen to me. when i wire starts to coil the headset is pretty much on its way outside to the bin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust, 16 Oct. 2014
My son uses these continuously and loves them. We have tried many other cheaper makes and anything with a cable seems to be destroyed within days so we decided on wireless. He now rarely takes them off and has even been known to visit the toilet wearing them but then he is a strange child!

1.0 out of 5 stars Logitech are AWFUL, 12 Nov. 2014
The headphones out of the box look good. Until you try to use them. The headphones aren't actually 7.1 audio, they just mimic 7.1 so windows doesn't have a clue what to do with them. If you happen to download their software, there is a horrible crackle that goes along with any volume. This is because the software has major problems and conflicts with ANTIVIRUS!!!

So I have a headset that I have to turn off my antivirus to get good sound quality.

The problem I have is a common one and Logitech have identified it although they say "we are aware of the problem but there is no fix"

Incorrect advertising. Company that cant fix their problem. Crackling noise. Don't Buy These.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready to be Blown Away? Get Infomed, Bravo Logitech!, 15 April 2012
Like most people here, i was quite uneasy at first about purchasing a headset for what would appear to be such a high price, but i can say without a shadow of a doubt that i do not regret my decision to purchase this fantastic piece of kit. Logitech knew exactly what they were doing:

First things first, included in the box (fabulously well packaged) is the headset (obviously), a charging 'dock' and a installation disc + standard manuals etc. On Windows 7, i was surprised about how quick, simple, and easy the installation is, upon inserting the disc; the download is completed in no more then 2 minutes. After that all you have to do is plug in the wireless USB stick and off you go! Having a look at the "Configure G930" software might be useful, allowing you to add short cuts to the 'G' keys on the side of the headset (Itunes etc.), you also have some gimmicky sounds effects which you can use to alter your voice, not much use, but a good laugh if you want to confuse friends on voice chat for the first time, (my personnel fav is the Android voice).

The Headset is a quality and solidly built piece of kit, apparently built around "Aircraft-grade Aluminium", yet it feels lighter then one would assume, the keys have a fine and almost rubbery feel. The ear-pads are articulated and rotate and move around easily, while the whole unit is padded on the outside in a quality plastic 'shell', making it durable as well as easy on the eyes. The microphone is also well articulated, moving up and down (muted automatically while in the 'up' position)and not having a tendency to creak like a cheap model, the sound quality is near perfect, and the noise cancelling effect really does help, you can also mute it manually by using the button. In short, an amazing, quality build item, not at a cheap (or expensive)rip-off by any means...

The charging dock is a handy and useful addition, allowing you to charge the headset while still using it. Straight from the box you will have a decent amount of battery, but it will take about 2 hours to fully charge it, (you can still use it), after which you will have 10 hours of battery life. You'll have about 6 meters distance away from the receiver (depending on any other wireless devices in the area, but not a big issue) this is great as I no longer have to remove my headset each time while chatting with my friends on Steam Voice Chat or Skype when i go to fetch a drink or bite to eat from the kitchen. Interference is minimal, and the headset starts up with the PC almost straight away, although there can be a slight delay in the Widows Theme being played on the log-in screen, not a big deal.

I feared at first my ears would be too big for the headset (having ears slightly bigger then average) but that was not at all a problem, the plush leather earpads are soft, inviting and comfortable, allowing plenty of room for your ears. The headband adjusts up to '16', i'm only using it on about a '6', so i doubt even people with the largest of heads will have any trouble, so don't worry that these won't fit you, i'm 99.92% sure they will :)

The headset quality itself is amazing, first thing i did was to go onto YouTube and look up some of my favourite classics, i was extremely impressed at the sound quality and mind you this piece of kit isn't even geared specifically for music! For games the sound is simply unbelievable. I've been playing Star Wars: The Old Republic recently and the difference between my normal speakers and the headset is vast, the 7.1 surround is essential for immersion, to such an extant that i don't even realise when someone walks into the room. You can also switch it from 7.1 surround to standard stereo by flicking the little switch on the side of the headset either up or down, enjoyable either way!

Like others have mentioned, the issues are minor, the headset switches it-self off to save power when there is no audio being played for an extended period of time (clever), but i often make the mistake of putting them back on while in the off-state, not a big deal, all you have to do is hold down the power button for about 3 secs to get it back up. The only limitation to anyone is the price, its a little costly, but you get what you pay for, i would suggest the Creative Soundblaster Tactic3D Wrath Wireless Gaming Headset for PC and MAC) if you're looking for something a little bit cheaper, but if money is no object (darn economy) then look no further.

Other then that, i have no qualms whatsoever with this fine product, it looks great, feels great, and plays great, an absolutely essential piece of kit for any true gamer out there, and its not at all bad for music either. It's not perfect, yet all the issues are trivial and minor, but dare i say its as close to perfection as you'll get for the time-being, truly, a premier wireless PC gaming headset, one of the finest on the market.

If you read this to the end i thank you, have a great day :)

Take the Plunge...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, but with a few glaring, nagging issues, 18 April 2015
This is a great headset for the price and you will be hard pressed to find any of equal quality for the same price.

The Build of the headset is fantastic. It is solid, sturdy and light. The microphone is adjustable and sits still wherever you decide to position it. I have never had to take the headset off because it has become uncomfortable, and I'm a heavy user who can use it for around 6-10 hours at a time.

The Sound Quality is exceptional, with full 7.1 surround support and Dolby Surround, which can be toggled on and off via a switch.

I have had a few problems with this headset and I believe this is a common issue throughout them all, and you may have seen them in other reviews but I will go over my personal experience of problems I've had.

The headset will cut out every so often. A beep will indicate that signal has been lost, there will be a pause of silence for between 3-15 seconds and sound, and mic will come back. This is tolerable but it is very inconsistent so you can have a day where there's no issue and then one hour where it just keeps cutting out. In the middle of an engaging conversation with friends, this can really irritate you.

When the headset cuts off and reconnects, there seems to be some problem with the drivers. Sometimes when it reconnects, all of the controls on the headset, (Volume, Dolby digital, Macro keys) will cease to work. The only fix to this is to turn off the headset, shut down the driver software and restart it, and then turn on the headset.

One glaring issue I have had happen to me several times in my usage, is sometimes it reconnects, and the headset wont turn off! You hold down the power button and it does not respond. Even unplugging the USB dongle will only result in a blinking light to indicate it lost signal. The only way to fix this is to reset the headset using the reset button, but there is only one problem. It is the type of reset button that has a small hole where you would push in a pen tip. One major design flaw with this is it is tiny! You will need a pin or something ridiculously thin and long. Pens, or even tiny screwdrivers wont even hit the reset button. I don't have anything like that, so my only solution was to continue using the headset in it's failed driver state until the battery ran out.

All in all, I would still recommend this headset. Yes, it has its issues, and if you are an impatient perfectionist then this headset is not for you. If you're looking for a good deal, then you wont find much better than this. You get what you pay for, it's true, but what you're paying for here is a solid build, great sounding, comfortable headset which will likely last years if you take care of it. Just be ready to do a bit of arm-wrestling with the drivers every now and then.

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›