5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding quality in sound and build.
First a little background.

I'm a gamer and a musician. So I'm always on the look out for gear that performs well in both areas. From the gaming side of things, the most important aspect to me is voice communication for MMO play over programs like Ventrilo and Mumble. At the same time, I do use sound queue's in game to help my awareness and performance. From a...
Published on 12 Mar 2011 by Steve

3.0 out of 5 stars Gosh, shot in the rear again...
As a keen gamer and occasional music listener I wanted a pair of surround sound headphones that would add to my gaming experience but not embarrass themselves when I listened to music. I have a pair of Sennheiser stereo headphones that cost about 40 a couple of years ago. Their sound was very good but only stereo.

The build quality of the G930s is very good...
Published on 16 Jan 2012 by A. J. Weston

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Great design and features but HUGE disappointment., 19 Dec 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Electronics)
I am a Long time Logitech customer ( in fact im typing this on a logitech keyboard.) All there products have been excellent in the past.The design, weight and sound quality of the actual headphones are very good, but perhaps not quite what you would expect at this price range, but the features are excellent and well considered. Obviously with these you sacrifice a small amount of sound quality for the wireless and this is where the problem lies. The Wireless is useless, It worked for a while with only a few hiccups but soon they were impossible to use. The Problem is with the USB stick itself and rather than rant here i will redirect you to the official forums where this problem is widely reported but with no official response or solution from Logitech:

(...) <<<< WORTH READING BEFORE YOU BUY!!!!

I tried MOST OF the obvious steps like driver updates or a Wifi channels configurations etc to no avail. After no luck with Logitech support im sending them back to Amazon. Its the first time Logitech has let me down but still its an extremely annoying inconvenience that you would not expect form this brand and price.

I would also like to add that a friend with the same set and different PC and location has the same problem.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was hoping for..., 4 Dec 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Electronics)
For this amount of money I would expect to get a great headphone that works like a charm. Propably this will be the last logitech-gear I'll buy for my computer, cause the after-sales seems really bad at this product.

For naming some things: Clicking sounds at some games (only with the G930...), the software uses pretty much ram, the software isn't really accurate with batterylife (2 hours, suddenly 24 minutes, back to 2 hours...). Sounds while using the "7.1" are mostly metallic, and nothing to get really excited about.

Pro's: fits pretty good, feels good, the sound when playing stereo music is very decent.

Wouldn't recommend, better look for something like Razer, where I hear they got a real aftersales.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good Despite the Price, 3 Dec 2011
Richard Hebdon (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Electronics)
In short these cans are good enough to make me write a review!

I've tried wireless phones in the past and always been disappointed. After looking at lots of reviews, and reading that the audio was uncompressed, I went ahead and ordered some as I needed something with a mic to replace my ageing Sennheiser headphones. I was also worried that they may have compromised on volume and range but I honestly can't tell they are wireless. I know other people have had trouble with interference but I haven't heard anything. They can be slightly temperamental if you have to unplug them often, my rig for some reason gets into a loop where it installs and uninstalls the wireless adapter. The battery is good and lasts a good 8 - 10 hours and you can also use the headset with the charging cable plugged in, just don't forget it's there!

For music they are almost as good as the Sennheisers but the bass can be slightly boomy. I think this is more because they are closed back than anything else. The fact they are closed back can also make your ears hot after a while as well. The actual padding is great and seems to be some sort of memory foam under leather material. Aside from getting hot they are very comfortable even over long gaming sessions. For games they blow my old headphones away in the sound department.

The mic is excellent and is very good at cancelling any other noise in the room.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 21 Nov 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Electronics)
Arrived fairly promptly, even with super saver. Packaged well and very easy to set up. The headphones sound great, in-game and out and are comfortable. Definitely the best sounding pair I've owned after a little bit of EQ tweaking. The G-keys are handy for iTunes.

The microphone is fairly good and side-tone works well for hearing yourself speak as these headphones really muffle the world around you. The electronic voices are just stupid and you will never use them. I'd recommend installing the software from the Logitech website rather than from the disk- it's newer and slicker.

My only real criticism is that I've not found a way to play through my speakers and headphones at the same time. This would be handy for switching between gaming and TV quickly as I have a separate volume control for my speakers. There is a bit of a workaround I found but it resulted in lag. This seems to be a Windows limitation though.

I got mine for a little over 100. These do fluctuate in price quite a bit so if they're more than that, check back next week.

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy, 29 Jun 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Electronics)
Great Service from amazon as usual.
I get the G930 out of the box everything installed first time no problems, popped them on and wow I was blown away with how crisp they sound, I hear sounds in Black ops that I didnt hear with my old headset 7.1 ftw.
before I purchased the G930 I was a little worried the battery life would fail to oftern but I worried for nothing, I have played without charging them for around 8-9 hours without any loss or upset in sound, plug them in and play and charge also so no game time lost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech 930 Quality, 16 Jun 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Electronics)
I purchased this headset to replace the Creative WoW Headset [Wired Version]. Whilst the creative headset was nice, I feel that the over all quality in comparison to this headset was shoddy.

The 930 is very well built, at first, looking at it you think "oh it's plastic" admittedly like I did. I was also thinking it was going to be poor quality too - with it being plastic.

But no, you cannot be far wrong. The quality (build quality) is brilliant. The adjustable sides for different head sizes are made from metal and are reinforced by some type of rubber in the middle of them.

Voice quality is brilliant too, I asked friends on a VoIP application to rate it out of 10. They gave it 10!!!

Also sound the 7.1 does work very well, even though I highly recommend installing the software for this headset. As the 'highs' and 'lows' are about the same, the software lets you tweak this.

Over all review; Well made, Voice clarity VERY CLEAR, Sound also perfect - once you install and tweak the high and lows within the GUI Software (provided).

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Headphone but no good shipping!, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Electronics)
The headphone is perfect 5 star rating for me!! Nice product & fast shipping!
The only thing was: when I opened the shipping box the foil around the headphone was damaged (ripped open),
I did not like this! The only thing that withheld me from sending it back was the fact that the box seals were not damaged.
That's why i give it the product in total only 3 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars PC/PS3 Gamer, 9 Dec 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Electronics)
I bought this headset to use with my gaming PC. Few months later I got myself PS3 and was very disappointed to find, that G930 is not compatible. I had few issues with software on 64bit OS, but managed to sort it out. Battery last long enough, they are comfortable, even after 6-7h gaming sessions I never felt any pain. Volume scroll is really handy. There are few bad points. Microphone will mute when pulled up, that's annoying in some situations. The 7.1 switch has no label, I never know when I turn it off, and when I turn it on. (gotta check in software)

Pluses:
-Good quality
-Comfortable
-7.1 + Wireless
-Battery last long
-Handy buttons + scroll

Minuses:
-Microphone switching off when vertical
-Poor 7.1 switch label
-Lack of compatibility with PS3/Xbox
-Price
-Minor software issues

I cannot blame the product for not being compatible with console, but for 150 quid, many would expect that. I have originally bought them to use with PC and for that purpose they are great. I'm extremely happy with them overall and would recommend to anyone. Four stars only for lack of compatibility with PS3, considering the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Short Review - Pros and Cons - To buy or not to buy, 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Electronics)
When I first received he headset it looked promising. The build quality is excellent and it is incredibly comfortable. The sound quality is fantastic when set to surround sound, however, disappointing in stereo mode. Nevertheless, this is not a problem as the surround sound is so good. The mic quality is also excellent.

There is one major fault with this headset, which to some people, like myself will destroy the experience. If you are not playing your sound through he headset and are using it solely for the microphone, it will automatically turn off every 10-15 minutes. It doesn't make any difference whether or not it is plugged in or connected wireless. This is due to the "power saving feature" which Logitech have so kindly designed. Now you may be thinking ok I can live with that, however, the on/off button is very hard to push and it will take you 7 or 8 clicks to turn the device back on. Considering you have no warning that the headset has turned it self off, you may end up talking to yourself while gaming and your fellow gamers will have to constantly remind you to turn it back on as they can no longer hear you. This is not only incredibly frustrating for yourself, but when you actually turn the device back on, it will emitt an overpoweringly loud buzz to anyone you are talking to.

Conclusion:

If you are buying the headset with the intention of using it for its microphone and then playing your sound through seperate speakers, turn around now and never look back as this headset is useless. Again, I cannot stress how irritating it is.

P.s. Logitech have not released a fix to date.

If you are buying the headset with the intention of using the in built speakers ALL the time, then the Logitech G930 is incredible.

Kind regards

Sebastian

2.0 out of 5 stars Wireless is good, this headset isn't..., 3 Nov 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Electronics)
I can't believe how many enthusiast reviews about this headset I've seen. Well, now that I tried it I can say the only good thing about it is the absence of the cable: the set is heavy, the simil-leather that cover the headphones is sticky and wil make you sweat; finally not all the buttons are easy to reach. But the real problem is the sound quality: cold, metallic, with almost sharp treble and only average bass.
On top of that my unit malfunctioned after only three days of use when the right headphone went dead (refund accepted)
Bottom line: G130 are only decent and for 100 you can surely found something better. For about half the price the Sennheiser PC160 (my actual headset) is a cheaper and better solution that you'll never regret: construction quality isn't that great but the sound is peerless.

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›