5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mouse - Battery life is totally fine
Published on 2 Jan 2012 by LLcoolKotay

2.0 out of 5 stars material and shape are very nice, although mouse button after one year is worn/wipeed ...
Had periodic problems with USB communication (on cable!). Buttons G8/9/10 are NOT enough handy and I'ts possible to use mouse button instead them (as LMB click is very sensitive). Size, material and shape are very nice, although mouse button after one year is worn/wipeed and shinny from every-day using. Probably next time I go to different model.
Published 2 days ago by Szul

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mouse - Battery life is totally fine, 2 Jan 2012
This review is from: Logitech Gaming Mouse G700 (Electronics)
Before I bought this mouse I read a lot of reviews and obviously had concerns about the battery life - I bought it regardless. I then read on the logitech forums that it is not the battery life that is bad, it is the battery life indicator on the mouse that is wrong, if you google something like logitech g700 battery indicator wrong, you will find the thread I am referring to. In the thread somebody plotted a graph etc. and the problem is that the indicator seems to be calibrated to normal alkaline batteries. Normal batteries start at 1.5v and as they deplete the voltage drops, the type of battery in the g700 (sanyo eneloop) starts at 1.2 and doesn't drop much until it is nearly depleted, this makes it appear like the battery is nearly dead pretty early on, but it has loads more charge left.

So, I put it to the test and didn't charge the mouse from opening the box until it died, it lasted 2 and a half days, most of this was on one green indicator light and I have been playing games all day pretty much so the mouse was in maximum gaming mode for a lot of the time. Bearing in mind that the battery could have been charged a long time ago so may have lost charge from the factory/warehouse to my house. If your motherboard still powers the usb ports when it is turned off then the battery isn't a problem, it will last all day then just charge it at night. This type of battery doesn't have to be depleted before you charge it, however they do have a limit on how many times they can be charged.

So onto the mouse itself, my best mouse, out of my previous mouses, was a cyber snipa silencer. I will be comparing to this mouse mainly. One thing I noticed straight away was the feel of the mouse, the outer shell is entirely made of plastic, with a textured, rougher feel on the sides. I do not really like this, I prefer rubber on the sides, not just for the feel and better grip, but also they tend to have grooves cut into them which means your hands don't get as sweaty. A thing I just really noticed as my hand gets sweaty with this mouse.

Another thing is your ring and pinky finger will scrape across your gaming surface/mouse mat, my previous mouse had 2 channels for your fingers to rest on and underneath was the mouse feet so your fingers never touched your gaming surface/mouse mat. This is obviously something I will get used to but it is my main dislike with this mouse. The scroll-wheel feels a little wobbly, maybes due to the ratchet/free wheel system - not a major problem but annoying again. These few things just make it feel a tad cheap to me, especially comparing it to a mouse which costs half the price.

The software is very easy to use, the pre-set commands are great, although I don't really use many of them it is great to have copy and paste as 2 of the four side buttons. I did have a problem in that I couldn't get it to auto-switch profiles for various games, this could be that all the games I play use a launcher, steam etc. and it is more-than-likely a user error. Instead I simply press the g11 button which swaps my profile from maximum gaming to productivity (I don't bother with general gaming), this is my preferred method of profile switching anyway, mainly due to laziness setting up auto-switch and ease as you just press a button.

In game the mouse feels great, the lack of a cord is obviously great, the mouse has no lag that any human could notice, the buttons are well located and very easy to press, the most difficult probably being the g8 button (the bottom one of the 3 little ones on the top), the 4 buttons on the side are easy to distinguish and easy to press (hardest thing is just getting used to there being 4). The LMB and RMB are very satisfying to click, something I never thought I would notice on a mouse, but they feel very mechanical and give a good click, the buttons are sturdy and have no wobble (says something about my old mouse).

If your battery did die during a game and you have to use the charging cable you will not be happy, it is horrible, so very thick, not flexible, heavy, just so awful especially from going from beautiful wireless to the worst wired. If you charge it overnight you will be fine everyday. If your motherboard does not power the usb ports you can just plug it into an iphone charger, it works but obviously do it own risk etc. but really it will be fine. Or you could just buy a battery charger and batteries and you will be good to go.

I would give it a 4 but the things wrong with it are just things I am not used to having, after using my previous mouse for over 2 years daily, bar the slightly wobbly scroll wheel.

After using this mouse for a month I can say: The battery lasts about 3 days before it has been on critical too long and I should charge it; I got the auto-switch profiles to work (user-error); I bought a rechargeable battery from ebay for 1.30, if a battery runs out during a game, change it fast and then recharge the dead one over night.

This is a 5* mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech G700, 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: Logitech Gaming Mouse G700 (Electronics)
For this price it's hard to go wrong. The performance of the device and ease of use of the software are top notch.

The mouse is smooth, responsive and highly configurable. Whatever type of gaming suits you, you're bound to find a customisation or setting that works. Each button can be assigned a function and these can be profile specific to an individual game.

I was disappointed to find there wasn't a pouch for the USB lead as there is with some other wireless mice by Logitech but this is small niggle.

Battery life is very disappointing if you persist with the stock battery. I replaced it with a duracell high quality rechargable battery and it made an immense difference from having to charge it almost daily, to lasting around a week.

Around 60 isn't at all a bad price for a wireless gaming mouse of this quality, it's features and build quality easy justify it as a purchase. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect mouse (but the flaws annoying), 6 Jan 2013
P. A. Lackenby (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Gaming Mouse G700 (Electronics)
I've had 4 of these mice come through my hands now.

For a balanced mouse, decent for gaming, nice feeling for general use, well thought out buttons and features and for general comfort you really cannot go wrong. The included micro USB cable is much too stiff (feels like you could beat someone to death with it) but add your choice of flexible charge/connect cable (any micro USB) and that's fine.

The problem is the reason I've handled 4 of these.

Expect about a years solid use from it for the average person (I go through them a bit quicker) then there's a VERY well known issue with the longevity of the left+right mouse buttons microswitches.

My first mouse developed the issue with right mouse. It was impossible to keep right mouse button hold down, it would constantly register a "double click" etc when the button was held. I bought a replacement mouse from new to continue using while I had the mouse RMA'd. The replacement (3rd one) I sold.
I've bought the mouse again for my girlfriend as she took "quite a shine" (read, stole) mine and this one is (touch wood) still going strong. The new replacement I bought for my last issue is now having issues with the left mouse button. Not being able to click and drag with the left is... a pretty major flaw tbh. Reading around the issue with the switches dying pretty quickly are rather well known so worth considering. My latest RMA to logitech has a plea that someone "on high" looks at the issue. It's a massive shame they have the problem as it's otherwise a nigh on perfect mouse.

As such even with the huge button issue, still a 4 star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Buy!, 27 Nov 2010
This review is from: Logitech Gaming Mouse G700 (Electronics)
Probably the best mouse I've ever bought!
Nothing i could really say that's bad about it to be honest, i could moan that the usb charging cable that comes with it can sometimes feel a little thick and influence the mouse ever so slightly, but then im just nit-picking at a very beautifully designed, and well tested mouse.
This mouse replaced a Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse that i had before, and when i tried that old mouse on my laptop, i was amazed how this G700 fits so well into your hand. I almost think that its too comfortable that your hand is not used to it, so it feels weird at first.

I would undoubtedly recommend this product to anybody that was looking for a new mouse. Definitely worth the price tag.

4.0 out of 5 stars After 2 years of usage, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Logitech Gaming Mouse G700 (Electronics)
It has a lot of programmable buttons and thanks to the ability to switch between profiles really quickly, I can assign them for whatever I'm doing (gaming, programming, web browsing, etc.).

Really nice rough surface on sides, although it does wear out after a while (same as on G500), but that doesn't really matter all that much, it still feels pretty okay. The mouse itself feels really solid and well-build but the 3 buttons on top left of the mouse not so much as they wiggle around a bit.

The button on top (closest one to the scroll wheel) toggles the fast scroll wheel function that lets you to just sort of fling it and it'll be keep on scrolling instead of just snapping into place like every other scroll wheel. I feel like It's just a gimmick, nothing too useful. I don't really like the feeling of it when it scrolls smoothly like that and i can't think of any real use of that (it's easier and more accurate to browse large text files by simply using the scroll bar or even pg up/down keys).

By default, the 3 buttons on top left of the mouse are set to DPI up, DPI down and check battery level. All of those buttons will indicate DPI setting/battery level on the 3 LEDs on the side of the mouse. I don't really use the DPI up/down so I changed these but because this is a wireless mouse, I need to have one of those buttons reserved to check the battery level. The software that comes with it does show a warning when the battery is low but it's not really that convenient, especially when playing games. Same thing goes for the 2 top buttons located below the scroll wheel - as mentioned previously, the top one is mechanical and it cannot be changed to do anything else, it's there to only toggle the fast scrolling function. The second button changes profiles and it is possible to assign that one to something else but it's still a must-have function so you'll probably leave that one as it is too. Other than main left/right click, that's already 3 - 5 buttons on there that you won't customize. All you have left is the 4 buttons on the side of the mouse and scroll wheel clicks.

The 4 buttons on side are conveniently placed near the top of the mouse so you can rest your thumb on the surface of the mouse rather than on the buttons. I do have to say that these buttons are a little bit too delicate and I do tend to accidentally press them when taking my hand off the mouse.

The mouse is wireless and it does have that cable to plug in and charge the mouse while using it, which really is a convenient feature, however the mouse-end of the cable is a bit too stiff so it's a bit annoying to use the mouse while charging (I personally try to avoid this by plugging the mouse in for the night, when I'm afk or when I'm only browsing the internet).

There are no weight adjustments for this mouse as most of the space is occupied by the battery itself, which does add a lot of weight to the mouse, so that's never a good thing if you're not the biggest fan of heavy mice or if you tend to lift your mouse up to reposition it. That being said, you can make the mouse wired by plugging in the cable and removing the battery to significantly reduce its weight, but as previously mentioned, the cable is pretty stiff so it's not the best idea to do that.

USB extension (single USB hub kind of a thing) that comes with the mouse is a good idea if your PC is not anywhere near you or under your desk to have the receiver closer to your mouse, however it's extremely light weight and it doesn't have anything to hold it in place so I had to take some double-sided tape to mount it in place so it wouldn't slide around and off my desk.

I bought this mouse at the beginning of 2012 (February). Overall, I'm satisfied and it did its job but I'm soon to buy some other mouse. I really like all the features that come with it but there are some things that I do not like about this mouse and that I do not wish to deal with anymore (I've mentioned pretty much all of them above).

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of buttons!, 16 May 2013
J. Wong (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Gaming Mouse G700 (Electronics)
The mouse is sturdy, buttons feel decent enough, the wheel is solid and rolls nicely. I like the matt feel to the mouse and it gives a good grip. There are plenty of buttons which are very useful for mmo's , software is easy to setup. It can be used wireless or with a cable - I always use it with the cable so can not comment on the wireless or battery life.

The movement may stutter if not used on a plain surface. The laser doesn't seem to like differentiations in colour or contour so use the mouse on a flat plain single coloured surface.

It's lasted over a year now of light/moderate gaming and is still going strong. Logitech warranty is for 3 years and they are very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid gaming mouse, 22 Feb 2012
This review is from: Logitech Gaming Mouse G700 (Electronics)
I was looking for a wireless mouse to replace my mx518, and I'm not disappointed.

Battery life:
I read a lot of negative stuff about the battery life of this mouse, but decided to go for it anyway. If I were using this as a travel mouse, or for a laptop, I would hate it. But the fact is that it's a gaming mouse, and for most people, that means you'll be using it with a PC. This mean that you'll always be near enough to a USB port to charge it if you need to, and you can leave it on charge overnight just like you would use a cradle. As others have mentioned, the charging cable is quite thick, but its also a standard micro USB cable, so you could use any other cable you wanted. I find this great as when I'm not charging the mouse, I can still use it to charge my phone, without the need for 2 cables.
The mouse only has 1 AA battery, which is kinda crap considering even the Logitech V470 has 2 AA batteries, is a third of the size, and lasts for months.

Weight & Feel:
The mouse feels solid and good quality: the sides have a light texture which help you grip the mouse lightly without it slipping, the top and buttons are smooth. It's heavier than my mx518 but you get used to that pretty quickly.
The buttons all have a good feedback: they're easy to press and you know when you've pressed them. The middle mouse button also has a good feel, tilting it vs clicking it is easy: some mice are so hard to middle click that it can be easy to tilt-click them by accident. The clicking vs smooth scrolling of the mousewheel itself is also a nice feature, it allows precise scrolling for things like changing weapons, but also very fast scrolling for large pdf's etc.

Software:
The version of setpoint for this mouse gives a lot more options then the standard version. It provides full profiles that can be changed based on the program that is running, or switched by the buttons on the mouse. Each profile allows you to set any options you want, including what all of the programmable buttons can do. I've read that uberoptions doesn't work with this version, however I haven't yet come across anything I need the software to do that isn't provided.

4 Stars for a well made, easy to use product, would be 5 if there were 2x AA batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech scores again, 28 May 2011
This review is from: Logitech Gaming Mouse G700 (Electronics)
I have found this mouse to be pretty much perfect both as a gaming device and also for normal desktop use. The configurable options make it a pleasure to use because you can set it up just the way you need it using Logitech's excellent Setpoint software. It fits my hand perfectly and it has a non-slip texture to the sides so you won't lose grip when gaming. Wireless performance has been superb for me and whilst the supplied rechargeable battery doesn't last as long between recharges, it does allow for long gaming sessions and many days of normal desktop use. You can also set various power save modes on the mouse to lengthen battery life but this can affect gaming responsiveness with intense shooters. The ability to be able to plug the mouse in as a wired mouse is superb as you can recharge the battery whilst you're using it. Also using the mouse in wired mode disables the wireless mode so if accuracy is an issue then wired mode would improve this. All in all this is a great mouse that I would highly recommend to others and although expensive it is worth the extra for the sheer versatility and performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mouse however some issues, 21 Oct 2011
This review is from: Logitech Gaming Mouse G700 (Electronics)
This mouse is a great gaming mouse, having updated from the MX Revolution it feels very similar.
it has a good selection of buttons which allows for great gaming.

However there are some issues:
The mouse's battery lasts about 2 seconds(2 hours) in gaming mode and even though it can be connected using the cable it feels very stiff after connecting, so if your in the middle of a game you have to adjust your aiming style.

Also as a good tip when not in a Game put it back into power saver mode otherwise the battery will not last more than a few hours.

overall quite pleased but slight things tweaked/added could have made this mouse one of the best, however because of this it just falls short and falls into the category of just a good mouse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Penty of buttons for gaming, 24 July 2014
G. Innes (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Gaming Mouse G700 (Electronics)
Penty of buttons for gaming. I have windows and Mac OS and can be configured for both. The charging cable can be used as you work, but it is quite thick and slows down use of the mouse. So cable in for desktop, cable out for gaming :)

Tiny usb reciever, lights for battery level. Left and right scrolling, two scroll modes (smooth or notched), tracking speed option for fast, med, slow mouse.

Logitech Gaming Mouse G700