4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Product - But take care mounting
Given the outlandish retail price of most plasma brackets from the usual high-street and av specialists, I was initially sceptical that a 25 item would be up to the job. Though but for a few minor niggles, this is an excellent purchase.

Published on 3 Oct 2011 by Matt

3.0 out of 5 stars not for samsung 32"
Yes, a good sturdy TV mount, but it's advertised as being ok for samsung 32" TVs when it's not. The brackets on the back are too long so slightly visible from the front. I've stuck with it, being as the mount is otherwise great, but it does ruin the streamline look of the TV a bit.

...Quite a long time later (sorry, I meant to do this months ago)...
To...
Published on 26 Nov 2010 by Anna

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Product - But take care mounting, 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: VonHaus by Designer Habitat Premium Cantilever TV Wall Bracket for 32 - 65 inch LCD, LED & Plasma TV. Super-strength Load Capacity up to 75KG, 15 degree Tilt mechanism up/down, Max VESA 700x450 (Accessory)

First things first. Ignore the built in 'level'. With the bracket up and square on the wall, the bubble on my unit is right up at one end of the level.

How I fitted:

1) Attach the arms to the TV using whatever hardware is required. (There are screws/washers/spacers for lots of different TV fitments included)
2) Clip the main bracket to the arms and tighten the required screws and knobs.
3) Get someone to help offer the TV up to the wall and mark around the wall plate to get a rough placement.
4) Dismantle again, then take the big front plate off from the wall plate and canti arms using the 5 screws. It's much easier to manoeuvre the backplate without the front attached.
5) Pull out the cantilever arms from the backplate so they are angled out at about 20 degrees.
6) Place up against the wall and put a spirit level on each section of the arms, and adjust until level. The most important thing to get level is the action of the arms as they move in and out. If this is level, then the screen will stay level when you move it in/out and swivel. When you're level, trace the wall inside each of the mounting holes with a pencil.
7) Drill holes for the mounting bolts. I placed one at each corner and 2 towards the centre. I used a 9mm masonry bit, not 10mm as written on the plugs. I also used a larger masonry bit to make a shallow countersink for the flanged end of the wall plugs so they sat flush with the wall. As I was a little worried about the render on my 100 year old walls, I also used 2 larger and deeper masonry bolts in the holes next to the arm pivots. Maybe overkill, but good for my peace of mind.
8) Attach the wall plate using the bolts and washers provided. So long as you drilled the holes in the centre of the tracings, you should have enough wiggle room to get things all levelled-up.
9) Re-attach the front plate and level. When the screws are backed off just a little, the whole plate pivots around the centre one, allowing adjustment.
10) Double check all the screw and bolds are tight.
11) Offer the tv up to the bracket and clip the tv arms on to the front plate.
12) Pray!
13) You may need to adjust the up/down angle to account for some sag, and tweak the left/right angle of the main plate. There was a little twisting of the main plate when I hung my 37" plasma. Only a couple of mil, but it's worth being aware of if you're trying to get the screen close to a counter top.
14) When you've finished adjusting, tighten the screws that fix the tv arms to the main plate.
14) Sit back, relax, and admire your handwork.* :)

I hope this helps someone.

* Or admire an expensive pile of broken electronics if either of stages 7 or 12 weren't completed to the requisite standards for your wall/deity. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Reassuringly strong, 13 July 2011
I. Spark (Luton, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this to mount my 37" Pansonic Plasma to the wall, with Plasma's being considerably heavier than LCD's and the new ultra thin and light LED TV's I did have some doubts. First thing to note is that the bracket monting system is heavy so when I saw only 6 bolts to mount it to the wall with I wasn't sure it would be enough, especially when I knew there was the weight of the plasma to add onto it too.
It took me approximately an hour from start to finish to mount and fit this item, while it does have a small built in spirit level in the bracket itself I would highly reccomend using a seperate one as the built in one I had was at a slight angle, giving you a false reading. I used the 6 bolts and large raw plugs the unit came with to mount the unit to the wall (a 10mm drill masonary bit is required) and after taking my time to ensure everything was lined up I got to work. I manged to conduct the vast majority by myself although I did get someone else to tighten the bolts the last 3 turns while I held the heavy bracket in place to ensure it was nice and level. You could prossibly do this single handed if you either have the strength or aren't quite as fussy as myself in being assured that alignemnt on the spirit level is as close to perfect as humanly possible.
When I put the TV on the bracket I admit to a small heart in mouth feeling although this was very short lived, it's more than up to the job and was nothing more than myself getting over my own fear or it not sitting on a cabinet and with nothing but air beneath it. I pulled the mechanism all the way out from the wall with my heavy TV attached and there is no sign of any movement in the bolts to the wall, it's certainly assuringly strong and secure. I have seen posts about people using different bolts or extra screws as a "just in case" and if this makes you happy then so be it but the 6 that come with the unit hold my exceedingly heavy old 37" plasma to the wall with ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Designer Habitat - LCD Plasma Cantilever Swivel Arm Corner TV Wall Bracket for Sony Samsung Toshiba LG Philips - 32 - 55", 7 Sep 2010
This bracket is fantastic...I was a bit concerned that, due to the age of my house and its brickwork, the walls perhaps wouldn't support this bracket, let alone the TV. but I have to admit, its great!
I would advise using a masonry drill bit to hang from a brick wall
I tested it with my own weight before hanging my 40" Samsung and its as sturdy as any
other bracket I've seen.

Its certainly a super strong bracket and the versatile mobility of the unit is superb, it can seem tense, but I feel this is
an advantage since I don't want my TV swinging about on its own!

It is a heavy unit, and took 30 minutes to hang correctly using my own spirit level, but cannot fault the product and I paid the extra next day delivery charge and sure enough it came next day! Thanks Amazon, another hassle free buy!
June

3.0 out of 5 stars not for samsung 32", 26 Nov 2010
Anna (UK & Italy) - See all my reviews

...Quite a long time later (sorry, I meant to do this months ago)...
To update this review, the sellers contacted me to ask if I would like a replacement. It was very nice of them, but I decided to decline as reusing the holes drilled in the wall always weakens them. I don't really notice the overlap any more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, BUT..., 21 Nov 2010
This tv mount is very good and excellent value for money, BUT...

...the instructions state that you need a 1/2" masonry bit, which I duly went out and bought, but 1/2" is WAY too big! The supplied wall plugs just sat in the bottom of the holes very very loosely with no chance of holding up. I had to go out and buy a set of wall-bolts to fit the holes I had drilled and these worked extremely well.

Also, the pictures suggest that it is supplied with cleaning spray and cloth which it isn't.

That aside, very very good value!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does more than what it says on the box!, 8 Feb 2013
This item can be fitted upside down (confirmed by Designer Habitat by email) which was very handy as the fixing plate is off centre and would have been dificult to hang as shown on the box because of existing socket wiring.
States in instructions that can only be fitted to concrete walls, obviously this is going to be a problem in this modern age...I fitted it to 'dot and dab' plaster walls into a breeze/thermalite type block.
Everything else you have probably read before...It's HEAVY; You need longer bolts/screws; Don't trust the inbuilt level and the arm is very stiff to pull in and out.
To fit..I worked out my positioning of the item, with help if possible offer it up and roughly pencil the fixing slots. Get the lower fixing slots level and pencil dot your hole centre. The top row of fixing slot centres should be 19cm above the lower level. Make sure your top centres are vertical and 19cm above the lower centres and drill away...I overdid the drilling ..8/10 slots now have a fixing. If it falls off I'm going to need a new wall. Good luck.

3.0 out of 5 stars swivel arm TV wall bracket, 13 Feb 2011
This is a hefty piece if kit, it took two of us to position it to the wall. If fixing to a thermalite or breeze wall you will need to purchase some long door frame fixing screws and plugs for maximum strength. The unit works well and projects from the wall about 11 cm. I have no idea how this compares with other products of this type. My only problem was that it covers a range of TV sizes from 33"-55" and mine is a 37" so that the the metal panel accross the back of the set,on which the TV hangs, projects out each side when seen from a shallow angle so I will need to hacksaw off about 6". I found the price compares very favorably to any other that I've seen.

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid - Very Heavy - and slighly unbalanced, 23 Nov 2010
I think the person who delivered this to me must have walked away limping as this thing is HEAVY!

Far, far heavier than the 37" Panasonic LCD panel I bought it for.

The mounting screw bolts it came with are beefy and long (2.5"?) but after feeling the weight of this monster I decided they were not enough and I went and bought 4 12mm diameter rawl bolts to make sure that this wasn't going to drop my panel onto the coffee table.

The build quality I would say is generally high. Solid construction, heavy metalwork. The swivel bearing are very stiff - by design possibly so that a heavy panel stays where you position it perhaps - but I really have to wrestle the thing out of its home position when I want to move it - it may ease with use?

Hanging this on the wall is a two man operation because of the weight and because of the offset. The back plate which is fixed to the wall is smaller than the plate which the panel hangs on and it is set to one side - this can make this a bit difficult to hang as I was placing my panel inside a surround we'd had made for the chimney breast and it would have been more useful if the back plate had been the same dimensions as the front plate so one could easily see where the panel would eventually sit.

A word of warning - do not use the bubble level which is attached to this bracket. With the bubble smack in the middle the level was off by a mile and I've found this to be the case with a number of Vesa mounts I've come across. Use a standard spirit level for accuracy.

Even using a spirit level the sheer unweildiness of this thing makes it hard to get the level bang on and I wish there had been a fine adjustment device built into the frontplate which could allow one to rotate the panel a fraction of a degree to get it bang on - but no.

I'm generally quite pleased with this bracket - it seems like good value for money but it takes some thought, effort and some considerable muscle to get it setup properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, reliable wall bracket, 20 Oct 2010
I have always been skeptical about mounting my TV for fear of it falling off the wall and destroying the consoles and other goodies underneath. However, with the reduction in price of this one, I thought I would take the risk and placed the order. The package arrived on a Tuesday (ordered on Sunday), which was a pleasent surprise.
I ripped it open and checked the contents expecting to have to pop to a local hardware store to pick up the final piece to make the bracket useful. A selection of bolts and washers were neatly and usefully arranged in a strip of seperated bags, so it was easy to find the right bolts to mount the bracket to the back of the TV.
The next stage was possibly the most difficult, and I recommend having a partner; holding the wall plate against the wall to mark the holes. The built in spirit level made this much easier to ensure the bracket was level.
Cue drilling, banging, screwing and other alsorted DIY noises (ideally without any yelps of pain!), lift the TV and align, plug everything back in. Job done.
I was amazed at how simple the operation was, impressed at how strong the backet seems to be as well as being easy to move and adjust to get the perfect viewing position.
If you're looking in to mounting your TV and want it to be adjustable, I would highly recommend this bracket, even if you have a 32" TV; if you ever decide to upgrade, taking the bracket off one and attaching it to the new TV couldn't be easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 3 Dec 2013
this product is an excellent price, easy to fit on wall and on the telly, holds my 47in and 60in, with no problems,highly recommend 110%, the seller was very good and fast delivery.