Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£2.27+ Free shipping

Having temporarily tired of my adventures with Royal & Langnickel RSET-POT1 Complete Pottery Tool Set (8 Piece) and having admitted defeat and decided to buy a (cheap) bunch of flowers for my ex-wife's birthday instead of attempting to sculpt an admittedly rather too ambitious decorative clay figurine of Jon Pertwee, I found myself with half my own body weight in leftover clay and no reasonable use that I could put it to. Until I saw these little tools listed on here and remembered my two little relatives, aged eight and four.

They arrived in a plastic bag, with no actual formal letter of introduction, which did leave me a bit perplexed as to what specific role each tool might be best suited for. I had already earmarked one or two for the purposes of cleaning out the remains of Jon Pertwee from beneath my fingernails when I happened to notice that they are each numbered. Tantalisingly however, the Rosetta Stone necessary for deciphering this code was not included. So, it will just have to remain one of life's little mysteries.

My little friends were able to make good use of them at any rate, up to and including the construction of a rather natty little effigy of the Third Doctor which I am contemplating trying to pretend that I made myself. It looks rather more like Jon Pertwee than my effort, which did unfortunately look as though I had captured him mid-regeneration. And even that's being generous. Somehow, the girls managed to find the right combination of scrapy things and pointy things to make a really excellent little figure, as well as myriad other little bits and pieces. The tools are easy to clean and, contrary to some of the other reviews, mine were perfectly formed and raring to go straight from the bag. One or two of them are, of necessity, rather on the sharp side - but the two girls are pretty sensible and had no problems manipulating them. Only people like me are ever going to accidentally stab themselves with them, probably while trying to use one of the really sharp ones to reach a really annoying itch in the small of their back. No? Oh well - that must just be me then...
on 19 February 2012
for the cost these really are handy to have around, that said they did need cleaning up as the moulding was really bad, but for the cost a really good buy
on 24 March 2011
Haven't used all the tools as of yet, however the ones that I have have been robust and carved into the clay well.
on 11 August 2011
They work, they're durable, they do the job it says on the box. However, some of the items have a tell-tale join running down the middle and when you use the tool, this join leaves a scratch on the clay which you then have to smooth out and 'hide'. This can really destroy the look of the item you're working with, not to mention it's quite annoying.
VINE VOICEon 28 September 2012
Even for the price I find that the quality is not the best:

- There is lot of sharp edges on the handles... had to smooth them out with a knife (picture uploaded).
- Many of the tools have similar end.

Still find kid's tools that I got once with some play dough much better so I don't think I would buy them again.
review image
on 3 October 2011
fantastic value pack of clay knives various tips and points not good for young kids due to very sharp points great for pattern making in clay etc
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 October 2014
I purchased this set of sculpey tools for finishing some fimo sculptures and perfecting them as they come out of silicone moulds. I was not expecting a lot for the price, they are sturdy and there is a good variety. I would say there there is an excess of the "sharp" tools, meaning most look the same and do the same thing, for what I am doing there are several in there that are effectively the same thing to me, for someone who is doing bigger pieces, they may find the variety a good thing. Most things I am working with are about the size of a 50p piece at the most. They came in a pretty basic box (which was crushed in shipping, but wasnt a big deal for me) and overall they work well. I would recommend if you are looking for some cheap tools to sculpt your fimo or sculpey with!
on 25 March 2013
These are not meant to be pricey professional sculpting tools - these are made for little children and as such they work very well. Also for someone who is not yet sure what medium they are going to use as an artist, this is an inexpensive way to find out if this is it.
on 14 October 2015
These were for the kids to use on clay/play-doh and they are perfect for that purpose. They are clearly cheap and the moulding joins are very much present but that didn't affect us at all personally. They are strong, easy to clean and there's lots of different ones (enough so that my 2 envy-inclined children never wanted the tool the other one had...). The children really enjoy using them and I found them good for putting fine detailing on my (not expert!) creations too.
on 20 October 2015
Well my 7yr old was impressed with these although she still has to learn to use them and for what purpose each tool is designed for as no such instruction or details were supplied with product. But they arrived on schedule undamaged and totally useable.
Thank you.
All rights reserved without prejudice.