5.0 out of 5 stars For bringing a touch of the 'Jon Pertwees' to your claywork
Published on 4 Mar. 2013 by Hal Marshall

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad at all
for the cost these really are handy to have around, that said they did need cleaning up as the moulding was really bad, but for the cost a really good buy
Published on 19 Feb. 2012 by J. Cook

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad at all, 19 Feb. 2012
J. Cook (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 14 Clay Model Pottery Sculpey Tools 14cm for Modelling (Toy)

5.0 out of 5 stars For bringing a touch of the 'Jon Pertwees' to your claywork, 4 Mar. 2013
Hal Marshall "It wasn't me!" (Brentwood) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Having temporarily tired of my adventures with Royal & Langnickel RSET-POT1 Complete Pottery Tool Set (8 Piece) and having admitted defeat and decided to buy a (cheap) bunch of flowers for my ex-wife's birthday instead of attempting to sculpt an admittedly rather too ambitious decorative clay figurine of Jon Pertwee, I found myself with half my own body weight in leftover clay and no reasonable use that I could put it to. Until I saw these little tools listed on here and remembered my two little relatives, aged eight and four.

They arrived in a plastic bag, with no actual formal letter of introduction, which did leave me a bit perplexed as to what specific role each tool might be best suited for. I had already earmarked one or two for the purposes of cleaning out the remains of Jon Pertwee from beneath my fingernails when I happened to notice that they are each numbered. Tantalisingly however, the Rosetta Stone necessary for deciphering this code was not included. So, it will just have to remain one of life's little mysteries.

My little friends were able to make good use of them at any rate, up to and including the construction of a rather natty little effigy of the Third Doctor which I am contemplating trying to pretend that I made myself. It looks rather more like Jon Pertwee than my effort, which did unfortunately look as though I had captured him mid-regeneration. And even that's being generous. Somehow, the girls managed to find the right combination of scrapy things and pointy things to make a really excellent little figure, as well as myriad other little bits and pieces. The tools are easy to clean and, contrary to some of the other reviews, mine were perfectly formed and raring to go straight from the bag. One or two of them are, of necessity, rather on the sharp side - but the two girls are pretty sensible and had no problems manipulating them. Only people like me are ever going to accidentally stab themselves with them, probably while trying to use one of the really sharp ones to reach a really annoying itch in the small of their back. No? Oh well - that must just be me then...

5.0 out of 5 stars Clay toolerinos, 24 Mar. 2011
Haven't used all the tools as of yet, however the ones that I have have been robust and carved into the clay well.

5.0 out of 5 stars craft knife sharpness, 3 Oct. 2011
fantastic value pack of clay knives various tips and points not good for young kids due to very sharp points great for pattern making in clay etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Modelling with Mummy!, 31 Jan. 2012
What a fantastic seller ordered 30th Jan received 31st ! My 5yr old son said thank you very much for the little surprise too there his favourite also! He is saving them for weekend!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just 1 fault but it's a big fault, 11 Aug. 2011
They work, they're durable, they do the job it says on the box. However, some of the items have a tell-tale join running down the middle and when you use the tool, this join leaves a scratch on the clay which you then have to smooth out and 'hide'. This can really destroy the look of the item you're working with, not to mention it's quite annoying.

4.0 out of 5 stars They all seem the same, but still good., 13 Oct. 2014
dmcnabb - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I purchased this set of sculpey tools for finishing some fimo sculptures and perfecting them as they come out of silicone moulds. I was not expecting a lot for the price, they are sturdy and there is a good variety. I would say there there is an excess of the "sharp" tools, meaning most look the same and do the same thing, for what I am doing there are several in there that are effectively the same thing to me, for someone who is doing bigger pieces, they may find the variety a good thing. Most things I am working with are about the size of a 50p piece at the most. They came in a pretty basic box (which was crushed in shipping, but wasnt a big deal for me) and overall they work well. I would recommend if you are looking for some cheap tools to sculpt your fimo or sculpey with!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 25 Mar. 2013
These are not meant to be pricey professional sculpting tools - these are made for little children and as such they work very well. Also for someone who is not yet sure what medium they are going to use as an artist, this is an inexpensive way to find out if this is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Added Value Unexpected quality and Super Speedy, 21 Mar. 2013
After seeing items similar to this elsewhere at a much higher price I hadn't expected much from the product in terms of quality, but thought they were a cost effective way of "trying out" fimo. My thought was that after trying with these, if I liked the fimo I could then justify buying the expensive ones. What a surprise I got when they arrived in a super speedy time.
In their own little box..not a plastic sleeve as others have, but a nice neat little cardboard box, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality, each tool has a different function and shape, they are all numbered so you can recognise or remember how you created each effect and they feel really nice to hold. Nothing flimsy about these and some even look like they have a dual purpose as they differ at both ends. If I like fimo I will be sticking with these! I can't even see the need to replace them frequently as they have a good solidity about them and seem like they will last.
Definitely a good buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't think I would buy them again., 28 Sept. 2012
Coffee & Vanilla "Margot" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Even for the price I find that the quality is not the best:

- There is lot of sharp edges on the handles... had to smooth them out with a knife (picture uploaded).
- Many of the tools have similar end.

Still find kid's tools that I got once with some play dough much better so I don't think I would buy them again.