5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Clive Dunn series
Published on 29 May 2011 by Philip Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better
Having seen the pilot on Ronnie Barker's Seven of One, I was curious to see how it would work as a full series, with Clive Dunn.While he is a god comic actor, I don't think he has the range of Ronnie Barker.Also I don't think the writing is as good as it could have been.

Published 13 months ago by michael purcell

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Clive Dunn series, 29 May 2011
Philip Roberts (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Old Man - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] [1974] (DVD)
Ever the consummate Old Man, Clive Dunn was just 48 when he started as Old Mister Jones in Dad's Army, and just 54 when he played the Old Man of the title of this series. Ronnie Barker fan's may recognise the first episode of this series, since it is very similar to an episode of Barker's excellent series 7 of 1. When BBC chose not to make the pilot into a series the writer took the series to ITC and Clive Dunn replaced Barker. In fairness Ronnie Barker was better, but Clive Dunn is still very funny. All round an excellent British Comedy, I look forward to the second series coming out of DVD (unfortunately there were only 13 episodes made).

5.0 out of 5 stars grumpy, 1 Mar 2011
I. Dunbar "Duffy" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Old Man - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] [1974] (DVD)
Clive Dunn's portrayal of Sam Cobbet as The Old Man in question is excellent and a true reflexion of many of us,. as we get older and are often fixed in our ways.It is my intention to show this DVD to my kids to prepare them for my possible arrival at a future date.I found this DVD topical and we can all learn from it.Enjoy ,It may be you ????

5.0 out of 5 stars My Old Man series 1, 9 April 2012
This review is from: My Old Man - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] [1974] (DVD)
Good entertaining show which was very enjoyable.Great family viewing & we await with anticipation the next series available later this year

5.0 out of 5 stars Back When, 27 Oct 2010
This review is from: My Old Man - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] [1974] (DVD)
This took me back to when i was a lad,ITV My old man.Loved it then and love it now.They dont make them like that no more...

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant old comedy series, 30 July 2013
Frank Harper (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Old Man - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] [1974] (DVD)
this is a classic old comedy series was worried that it might not achieve the comedy that Ronnie Barker did in the pilot from 7 of 1 but it did clive dunn in great form again

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: My Old Man - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] [1974] (DVD)

It's not a Bad series, and maybe the second series will be an improvement, I will probably buy it soon, as they are cheap on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2014
great thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: My Old Man - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] [1974] (DVD)
The pilot with Ronnie Barker showed potential, but this series was 'rubbish', no wonder it didn't last and hadn't heard of it until I saw the pilot.
Definitely not recommended.