2,454 Reviews
 (2,053)

5.0 out of 5 stars Designer Habitat Wall Bracket
Bought this for a Sony Bravia 40EX403. Was a bit sceptical at first because of the very low price, but after looking at reviews I decided to purchase.
Published on 10 Jan 2011 by AF

3.0 out of 5 stars Value bracket, but not a problem free installation
Published 9 months ago by Canon fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Designer Habitat Wall Bracket, 10 Jan 2011
This review is from: VonHaus by Designer Habitat PREMIUM Slim TV Wall Bracket for 33 - 60 inch LCD, LED & Plasma TV. Super-strength Load Capacity up to 75KG, 15 degree Tilt mechanism up/down, Max VESA 660x450 (Accessory)
It was dispatched very quickly and arrived even before my TV. The bracket itself is very sturdy, and VERY well made. All the bits and pieces needed to hang nearly any TV are included, along with instructions. The tilt feature is also great, and can be adjusted easily. I have seen wall mounts not nearly as good as this for more than double the price! Overall, I am very pleased with the product, and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quality wall mount. Definitely 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Value bracket, but not a problem free installation, 26 Mar 2014
I bought this bracket on the strength of the previous reviews, with multiple positive feedback and only a few negative comments. I was therefore expecting a trouble free installation, but I did experience some issues with this bracket. The bolts supplied did not fit a Samsung 40 inch UE40F6320, the supplied M8 bolts were either too small or too long to adequately secure the brackets to the back of the TV. Luckily I had some alternative M8 bolts available, but as another reviewer commented this isn't what you expect to fit a mainstream TV. Also as another reviewer commented care is needed when fixing the main plate to the wall as the supplied washers when tightened are slightly too small. Again, I used alternative sturdier washers to ensure the main plate was securely fixed to the wall and it stays there! Finally, the slim low profile nature of this bracket makes the tilt function fiddly to adjust. As there is little clearance between the bracket and the wall, the tilt feature isn't something that could be used frequently. Rated as 3 stars because if I hadn't alternative M8 bolts, I wouldn't have been able to use this bracket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality kit, 7 Aug 2013
Very Robust yet Light,absolutely perfect for my 50 inch Panasonic Viera.
Fixing kit supplied was a bonus,very good price Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Bracket, 5 Jun 2012
This is a great wall bracket at a fantastic price. I have paid four times this price in the past for other brackets so well done Habitat.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of kit at a very good price. Not the best instructions but I have seen worse., 4 Sep 2014
I always read the 1 star reviews first on all Amazon purchased products - it helps me establish the level of consumer intelligence before deciding whether their is merit in the 1 star review. With this particular product, I have found it difficult to rate it other than "exceeded my expectations." The 1 stars seem to mostly involve missing parts or incorrect parts however this maybe due to the tv having a less than universal screwing thread / size in the back (usually samsung tvs) and hence the manufacturer finds it uneconomical to provide these fixtures...

Delivery was good. I received an email from Amazon stating the product had been shipped less than 20 hours after ordering and it arrived within three days of this time, with no aesthetic damage to the packaging.

The actual product box was of low quality and after opening it up the perception of low quality continued as the instruction manual was not particularly comprehensive - some diagrams of contents and further diagrams of where the contents should adjoin. This isn't a particular issue unless you are the type of person that requires full prose of instructions - those with good Lego skills should grasp the concept well.

The bracket itself is light - I was dubious so decided to try and bend it with my bare hands. I'm not the strongest person in the world but gave it a good attack without observing any flex, bend or misshaping - my thoughts at this moment were, "its bloody strong."

Six heavy duty bolts were provided to attach the bracket to the wall. There was not much guidance from the instructions in terms of which holes to put the bolts through so I assumed a nice symmetrical shape would maximise the strength. I know that i have a thin layer of plaster board which covers brick work behind. I used a rather large drill bit to drill the holes through the plaster and through the brick work. The provided wall plugs went in well and the bolts (with normal and 'spikey' washers) were tightened into place.

I then attached the separate tv brackets (which in turn are hung on the wall bracket) without any issues. My tv is a LG 47 inch thin smart. The screws provided fitted the holes in the back really well. Once on, i hung the tv onto the wall bracket and tightened the screws underneath (so the tv cant slide from left to right). I found the angle knobs really easy to put together and they work rather well. All in all its a fantastic product at a great price. I personally can not see why I would want to spend five times as much money for a product that can do the exact same thing. PS, the built in spirit level is great - it is accurate as I checked with my own separate level.

One thing i would add is that the product is not being sold by the long established (kind of :S) UK Habitat company that many British people know well. This is a separate UK Ltd company which sources a lot of products from China however they may well send the specs over to China for production. As the product is being sold in large volumes and thus at speed, there is always the likelihood that manufacturing defects could exist with a chance of missing parts which some reviewers have commented on.

4 stars.... 1 missing because of instructions, but I wouldn't let this stop you from purchasing. If you're no good at simple DIY, buy it and with the money you save, get a professional to fit :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Designer Habitat=great bracket, 23 Mar 2011
Very happy with this bracket,well made,easy to install...does the job perfect.
Just be careful the build in spirit level is not in level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bit of kit, 29 July 2011
Mr. Mac "Maca" (HAMPSHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
To be honest I thought for this price I would get some junk but have to say it's a very well made piece of kit & the amount of fittings you get for all sorts of different TV's is pretty impressive.

Great instructions along with all the bits in separate sealed compartments make this one of the better one's for a very good price.

Very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!! :), 7 July 2013
This product is absolutely great for the money, I was surprised something so cheap would do the job but it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wall Mount ever!, 20 Jan 2011
Having read all the reviews on this, I was dubious about the product due to the price. I'm a firm believer of you get what you pay for however, this product has really excelled. A couple of points to note to the already glowing reviews:

1. Delivery was rapid - I'm talking I ordered on a Friday night and it came Tuesday morning.
2. Installation is simples. Do not use a 1/2" drill bit as suggest. A 10mm drill bit is perfect. I'm no DIY whizz but once you've drilled those 6 holes, it's all downhill from there.
3. I would actually remove the spirit level provided because (a) it is pretty useless - use your own spirit level! (b) it gets in the way of screwing in the bolt if you have the bolts spaced equally.
4. People have said that it pokes out the side for the smaller TV's. I have a 37" and it JUST covers the bracket so its "floating". I would say 32" might be a bit touch and go depending on brand. I would go with a smaller size if you had a 32". When you see the size of these bolts (x6) you can probably start to see why they are good for 75kg.
5. It fits Panasonic LCD's (many reviews didn't mention this).
6. I found the best part of this bracket was that there was room for error. It is hard to judge exactly where you want to put the TV. With this bracket, you have quite a bit of mobility in the horizontal axis and depending on your TV size, you have some room for error on the Vertical axis as well (by moving the arms up and down on the back of the TV).
7. When it came to finalising the TV position, it can be a little bit fiddly to tighten the security bolts at the back if you have a large TV, but instead of the allen key, use a screw driver with the correct hexagonal fitment and your problem is eased 10 told.

Overall, super product and I was fitted and cleaned up within an hour. If I had to be picky one thing it is lacking is cable management, but because mine is all trunked it doesn't really bother me. 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Panasonic P42G10 Plasma, 27 Aug 2011
N. Rajpal (London UK) - See all my reviews
This bracket is sturdier than expected and is supplied with all of the fittings imaginable. I was at first hesitant purchasing a cheap bracket however I cannot see a difference between this and more expensive products. There is also just about enough clearance at the back to change cables with my TV.
Very happy with it and would highly recommend.