3,296 Reviews
 (2,777)

5.0 out of 5 stars Designer Habitat Wall Bracket
Bought this for a Sony Bravia 40EX403. Was a bit sceptical at first because of the very low price, but after looking at reviews I decided to purchase.
Published on 10 Jan. 2011 by AF

3.0 out of 5 stars Habitat TV Bracket
This is a strong, well made unit, supplied with more fixings than Homebase. However, i wouldn't recommend this bracket for the LG 450 32" LCD model that i bought to use with it, as the wall mount is almost as wide as the tv, and the brackets themselves are visible above the top, making the whole thing ugly and cumbersome. I got around that by buying a packet of 100mm...
Published on 2 Oct. 2010 by stretchneck67

5.0 out of 5 stars Designer Habitat Wall Bracket, 10 Jan. 2011
This review is from: VonHaus PREMIUM Slim TV Wall Bracket for 33 - 60 inch LCD, LED & Plasma TV. Super-strength Load Capacity up to 75KG, 15 degree Tilt mechanism up/down, Max VESA 660x450 (Electronics)
It was dispatched very quickly and arrived even before my TV. The bracket itself is very sturdy, and VERY well made. All the bits and pieces needed to hang nearly any TV are included, along with instructions. The tilt feature is also great, and can be adjusted easily. I have seen wall mounts not nearly as good as this for more than double the price! Overall, I am very pleased with the product, and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quality wall mount. Definitely 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfecto for a 39 inch telly, 19 Dec. 2014
What can I say? Comes in a nice box, easy set up (if you know what you are doing) and looks good when set up.

I have a techina 39 inch telly and it supports the weight fine. Had no issues taking cables out, it leans at a nice angle. Just don't put it too high though as you can see from the photos, the angle is not really most suitable for some.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of kit at a very good price. Not the best instructions but I have seen worse., 4 Sept. 2014
I always read the 1 star reviews first on all Amazon purchased products - it helps me establish the level of consumer intelligence before deciding whether their is merit in the 1 star review. With this particular product, I have found it difficult to rate it other than "exceeded my expectations." The 1 stars seem to mostly involve missing parts or incorrect parts however this maybe due to the tv having a less than universal screwing thread / size in the back (usually samsung tvs) and hence the manufacturer finds it uneconomical to provide these fixtures...

Delivery was good. I received an email from Amazon stating the product had been shipped less than 20 hours after ordering and it arrived within three days of this time, with no aesthetic damage to the packaging.

The actual product box was of low quality and after opening it up the perception of low quality continued as the instruction manual was not particularly comprehensive - some diagrams of contents and further diagrams of where the contents should adjoin. This isn't a particular issue unless you are the type of person that requires full prose of instructions - those with good Lego skills should grasp the concept well.

The bracket itself is light - I was dubious so decided to try and bend it with my bare hands. I'm not the strongest person in the world but gave it a good attack without observing any flex, bend or misshaping - my thoughts at this moment were, "its bloody strong."

Six heavy duty bolts were provided to attach the bracket to the wall. There was not much guidance from the instructions in terms of which holes to put the bolts through so I assumed a nice symmetrical shape would maximise the strength. I know that i have a thin layer of plaster board which covers brick work behind. I used a rather large drill bit to drill the holes through the plaster and through the brick work. The provided wall plugs went in well and the bolts (with normal and 'spikey' washers) were tightened into place.

I then attached the separate tv brackets (which in turn are hung on the wall bracket) without any issues. My tv is a LG 47 inch thin smart. The screws provided fitted the holes in the back really well. Once on, i hung the tv onto the wall bracket and tightened the screws underneath (so the tv cant slide from left to right). I found the angle knobs really easy to put together and they work rather well. All in all its a fantastic product at a great price. I personally can not see why I would want to spend five times as much money for a product that can do the exact same thing. PS, the built in spirit level is great - it is accurate as I checked with my own separate level.

One thing i would add is that the product is not being sold by the long established (kind of :S) UK Habitat company that many British people know well. This is a separate UK Ltd company which sources a lot of products from China however they may well send the specs over to China for production. As the product is being sold in large volumes and thus at speed, there is always the likelihood that manufacturing defects could exist with a chance of missing parts which some reviewers have commented on.

4 stars.... 1 missing because of instructions, but I wouldn't let this stop you from purchasing. If you're no good at simple DIY, buy it and with the money you save, get a professional to fit :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Designer Habitat=great bracket, 23 Mar. 2011
Very happy with this bracket,well made,easy to install...does the job perfect.
Just be careful the build in spirit level is not in level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value, 4 Jun. 2014
James Robertson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Bought this to mount my 42" Panasonic on our kitchen plasterboard wall. It comes with an assortment of fittings.Best to fit the brackets to the television first. I didn't use there 6mm screws as the 20mm where to short and the 30mm too long, 25mm was just right. I offered up the wall bracket and worked out the position of it relative to the tv. Then took bracket to the wall and offered it up with my calculated position, first supported it with one screw in centre. The level supplied matched my own. Marked out the remaining holes and drilled to 10mm for the fischer 5 x 35 HM cavity wall fixings I had already purchased. Only used 5 they are rated at 20 kg each.I used penny washers on the screws when finally fitting the bracket. Hung the tv and set angle which is probably the hardest part as you cannot do it without pivoting the tv to get behind when on the wall. A great product for a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hanging Tough, 4 May 2015
Based on the reviews, I decided to buy this product. I was a bit dubious at first, as I was going to trust this product to hold up a large, expensive telly. Logic dictated that it really could not be this good at the price.
I would order, then physically examine it before using - if the metal would easily bend etc, it would be RMA'd straight away!!!

When it arrived, I was able to better examine it, and it was very sturdy and the supplied bolts were strong. I could see that only four bolts would be more than enough (as long as the wall behind was strong enough or a load bearing one)
I used 6 bolts on the chimney breast, cabled the telly, and then lifted it onto the mount - this thing was not going to move any time soon and I am well pleased with it, and have bought another since.
A couple of points....
The built in spirit level should not be relied on (the one on the 2nd unit had shattered in the post, but as I was not relying on it, it didn't bother getting the unit replaced)
Also, the design could be amended to include a security feature (hole for a padlock, so your telly cannot easily removed by skallywags who assume your hard earned gear is theirs for the taking when they invite themselves into your house)
Lastly, the supplied washers could have been a bit bigger as they just cover the holes that the bolts go through - these were the only items in the kit that I didn't use and I bought some elsewhere, which were a better fit
Other than those very minor niggles, this really is a great sturdy product which has my 55" telly sitting nicely on the chimney breast

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality kit, 7 Aug. 2013
Very Robust yet Light,absolutely perfect for my 50 inch Panasonic Viera.
Fixing kit supplied was a bonus,very good price Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and quality, 3 May 2015
Ordered this on a whim really, even tho there are many good reviews the price left me wondering, something similar from a shop would be around £40.

Happy to report the quality is spot on, the built in spirit level makes it super easy aswell.

My only issue would be that the supplied bolts that come to fix the back plate to the wall aren't very long, they only just touched the brick, but the plaster board is quite thick, around 20mm so I had to go buy some butterfly plugs. Other than that it's prefect.

Very happy and well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bracket, 5 Jun. 2012
This is a great wall bracket at a fantastic price. I have paid four times this price in the past for other brackets so well done Habitat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for job, 20 July 2013
Easy to install and very sturdy, despite it's light-weight construction.
Comes with every conceivable fixing for any television. Great quality