4.0 out of 5 stars Chunky monkey
Got tired of doing the reach-around to where my USB3 ports reside so I sought out an extension lead as opposed to a usb hub that currently, I can't justify buying.

The Akasa cable is a chunky well constructed and uses moulded plugs. The cable itself is quite thick and therefore not masively flexible but on the otherhand it's not too stiff either.

Do...
Published on 4 July 2011 by The usual suspect

3.0 out of 5 stars Its a cable! It does what it should do ...
Its a cable!It does what it should do.
Published 8 months ago by Tony

4.0 out of 5 stars Chunky monkey, 4 July 2011
The usual suspect (2nd aisle on the right, top shelf) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Akasa AK-CBUB02-15BK USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 5Gbps Type A Cable Extension(150cm) (Electronics)

Do you need a USB3.0 cable extension for a simple usb3.0 flash drive, was my question. The answer is yes. Whilst USB3.0 devices can be connected to other USB formats, to release their full potentional, a fully connected USB3.0 connection is required - it has extra pins for the higher speed data handling.

Plug my USB2.0 Belkin extension cable into a USB3.0 port and then plug in my USB3.0 flash and you get a transfer rate of around 35Mb/s. Do the same with the Akasa cable and I get around 70Mb/s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent USB 3.0 Cable, 21 Sept. 2012
I. L. Atkin (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a very robust feeling cable which connects firmly to my USB ports and devices. It came very well packaged -it uses that tough plastic retail packaging so you'll need a strong pair of scissors to get into it. Unlike some other USB 3.0 cables on the market, I've seen no data or performance loss with this.

Whilst I can't test up to the full USB 3.0 speeds (not sure if there are any devices on the market which can reach the top rate of 400MB/s) I can say there is no difference between connecting my USB3 devices direct to the computer and 'extending' then using this cable. For example my Kingston HyperX USB3 flash drive gives 135MB/s read when directly plugged into my USB3 port. If I extend the port using this cable, the performance is *exactly* the same at 135MB/s.

In short, I'm pleased with this purchase. It's just what I wanted and worth paying a extra couple of quid for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, 7 July 2012
Tested using a 32GB Patriot Supersonic Flash drive plugging direct into the USB3 port compared to indirectly using the Akasa cable. No significant differences in speed between using the flash drive directly or compared to using the cable. I was copying approx 5GB of media (firstly pictures, then MP3s and lastly video of approx 200-300MB individual file sizes). See my review for the Patriot flash drive for speeds. FYI I am using a Windows 7 PC and a TeckNet USB 3.0 PCI Express card.

Overall, it does its job.

4.0 out of 5 stars At last, one that works!, 4 July 2012
G. Mackey - See all my reviews
Having ripped out all of my remaining hair by trying to make two useless cheap leads work, (Max Value 2m USB 3 Extension Cable - Blue) I now have one that DOES work. It's very well manufactured too: good quality cable with secure connectors.
All that I had to do was plug it in & attach my USB3 device & that was it; no histrionics, no self-disconnection, no USB2 speeds. Now I shall get on with downloading all my files at up to 100MB/sec. I will certainly stick with the Akasa. Bliss!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality and even better price, 31 July 2012
I bought myself a new USB3 portable hard drive which came supplied with a rather short USB3 cable with the Micro-B connector. Having asked a few friends their hard drives also had really short cables too. This meant it could be quite awkward to hook the HDD up to the pc and leave it in place while you use it.

This cable solves that by being a whopping 1.5 metres long. Especially good if your only USB3 ports are on the rear of the case. Allows you to leave the cable in situ and just hook up to it when you need it.

This Akasa one is chunky and feeles good quality in hand and well made. It's for this reason that I tend to stick with Akasa cables and accesories as they are reasonably priced and always really good quality. .

Excellent quality product and I throughly recommend Akasa.

5.0 out of 5 stars usb extension cable - works asus eeepad transformer, 3 Aug. 2011
If you want to extend your Asus eeepad transformer short USB charging leed then this is one to get. It will extend your current cable and fully charge the eee pad transformer, as there's been reports over on xda that some USB 3 cable don't fully charge and only turn the screen on and nothing else.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality and full speed, 5 Feb. 2014
This is a study high quality true USB 3 extension cable, from a Akasa (a brand I've used for a long time for internal cables). Ideal if you don't have USB 3 ports at the front of your system. There is no speed loss using this: a read from a Integral USB 3 memory stick gave 84MB/s to 88 MB/s on large files and a write largely similar (although did peak at 138MB/s, but this may have been cached). Read and write to a WD My Passport Ultra USB 3 drive gave between 64MB/s and 85MB/s depending on file size. Stats all from Win 7 64-bit Pro whilst running many other tasks. Very pleased with the cable, and the Marketplace supplier (Shiny Hardware).

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Useful, 27 May 2012
Paul Milligan (London) - See all my reviews
Most USB 3.0 ports are on rear of PC so this allows plugging in stuff on desktop. Does what it says on tin, good value for money. I only gave it four stars because no cable is exciting enough for 5.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its a cable! It does what it should do ..., 21 Aug. 2014
Its a cable!It does what it should do.