4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive
Published on 26 Sept. 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing content
I didn't realise this was a book of short stories when I bought it. Some are good but most very disappointing, with no real "plot" and inaccurate historical facts. Worth a brief read but not one to come back to once finished.
Published on 14 Mar. 2013 by Francesca Vernon-Free

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 26 Sept. 2010
My love of regency romance, plus a lack of knowledge of good authors of it, prompted me to buy this 'Mammoth' book despite my trepidation of reading a book in which the average story is less than thirty pages long. Fortunately, I wasn't disappointed. In most anthologies I have read, there have been stories that I have been unable to resist skipping, but every story in this book held my interest for long enough for me to become intrigued and want to know the outcome. This is seemingly due to a more consistently good standard of writing across the stories. This does not mean that I will be going out and buying every authors' other books; but I don't begrudge any, and am glad of much, of the time I spent reading the stories. This, in a book containing the work of twenty three very different writers, is nothing short of remarkable. Although a few of the stories have made me want to read the authors' other works, the one that stuck with me most is 'Little Miss Indpendent' by Julie Templeton, which I would have loved to have been a full-length novel, and also to have a little naughtiness in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good taster of Regency authors, 18 Dec. 2010
josie82 (Fife, Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I'm always on the look out for enjoyable Regency romances but never want to try a new author's full length book incase I don't like the writing style. That's why I was delighted to find this large anthology. At such a low price (£4 at the time of writing) I felt I couldn't go wrong.

There are 23 stories in this book, all of them original to this collection so you can guarantee you won't have read them anywhere else. There are offerings from well known authors such as Lorraine Heath, Candice Hern and Elizabeth Boyle as well as many from less the less well-known. Some stories are sexy and some are quite tame. Basically there's something for everyone no matter what your taste.

Much like another reviewer, I also found it quite astonishing how good most of the stories in this anthology were. For being so short (each lasts roughly 30 pages), there were remarkably few that I couldn't finish or didn't enjoy.

I really liked quite a number of the stories in the book and will definitely be checking out longer length stories by a few of the authors. My standout stories were Upon a Midnight Clear by Anna Campbell, Cinders and Ashe by Elizabeth Boyle, Stolen by Emma Wildes and The Devil's Bargain by Deborah Raleigh.

Overall, for the price, you get a really good selection of stories and even if you don't enjoy them all, you're bound to get find a few that take your fancy. This is a book I would definitely recommend. 4 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing content, 14 Mar. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars A really entertaining read, 7 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance (Kindle Edition)
If your looking for a fun light read, this is the book for you. Good fun summer reading to pack in your suitcase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 4 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance (Kindle Edition)
Good read in bed at night as they quick reads at night time. Or during the day with a cup of coffee

5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday reading, 3 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance (Kindle Edition)
Bought as a standby for holiday reading. It is a pick up and put down type of read which I enjoy

4.0 out of 5 stars beautifully refreshing, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance (Kindle Edition)
A wonderful read, such grand insights into that beautifully era.
I loved the tales, the twist and the turns of the stories.
I did love to induldge into bed time reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 27 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance (Kindle Edition)
This is a book that you can dip in and out of. If you need a quick fixed of regency romance this is the book for you. There are stories by established regency romance authors as well as new ones. Some stories are better than others but all deserve a look. I only bought the e-book because my paperback version.was starting to look a little battered because I keep reading some of the stories again and again. A good book for a rainy day.

3.0 out of 5 stars As previously mentioned..., 7 Aug. 2013
Ilona Bell (York, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance (Kindle Edition)
As other reviews have noted there's not much storyline to these short stories and they can get really repetitive. You can see lots are based on fairy stories so not very original but they're good for a cheap read with lots of sex if that's what you want.

3.0 out of 5 stars Corny and well worn romantic story lines., 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance (Kindle Edition)
If you suspend any feminist tendencies you may be able to tolerate this heap of bodice rippers- rather repetitive in format so I didn't bother finishing the book,if you've read one then you've read them all

The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance