Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 24 July 2009
Great to hear this again in remastered form, and with extra live tracks that are comparable with anything on Live or Babylon by Bus. First bought this in LP form (in a sale at WH Smith in Weston-Super-Mare) in 1977 at the tender age of 15. This was my first Bob Marley (and reggae) album and was (alongside the Big Wheels of Motown, One Nation Under a Groove and Kind of Blue) to have a profound influence on my record buying for the next thirty years and more. True overall it is not as accomplished as other works such as Exodus or Catch a Fire, but tracks as such as War, Positive Vibration and Johhny Was are are a match to tracks onthese albums, and better than much on most of his later albums. If you don't have any Bob Marley, or indeed reggae, beyond Legend why not take the plunge here. I wasn't disappointed and I'm sure that you won't be either!
on 13 June 2007
It might not be the best album he made but even Marley's 'lesser' work is better than a lot of people's peak performances.

The standout track for me is 'Johnny Was' a heart wrenching indictment of the violence that would, eventually, lead to Marley's self imposed exile a few years later.

Definitely worth buying.
on 6 January 2015
PERFECT
on 25 August 2004
This is a nice Marley album, but not the best. I bought it primarily because I wanted the Roots, Rock, Reggae track which I heard when I was in Jamaica a few years ago. There are are 3 or 4 memorable tracks here; Roots, Rock, Reggae; Vibration; Baldhead. The others are more mediocre, and all seem a little shallow and under-inspired compared to the Legend tracks, in my opinion. On the whole though, a reasonably good ablum, but if u want the best of Marley then go for Legend.