VINE VOICEon 22 April 2010
This is one of those cheaper purchases that you find yourself really loving. Its just a mouse but I have to say its the best mouse I've ever used. Its really smooth and for my hands is just the right width. I'm a leftie and appreciate the symmetrical shape. The sides have this grippy rubber that seems to give it a very pleasing feel. The rubber also makes you feel the fingers won't slide off the mouse. Its hard to explain but I guess you grip it a bit softer because you have confidence of the rubber gripping to the fingers.

The micro receiver is so cool. Its tiny. Keeps the sides of the laptop very clear. Really useful as I work on a restricted sized desk and do video editing with external hard drives using the usb slots. So to have one well hidden away plus no wires its so useful. I know this is a small thing but I love it when things are well thought out. The nano receiver has a mini garage to park inside the mouse.

I tend to place the nano into the garage when I finish on the laptop. I then take the mouse downstairs later in the evening and switch to using the desktop, using the mouse once again. I find that by keeping everything together on the mouse one can just grab it for whatever computer you use. I also own a netbook. I find it really handy to know the receiver is in the mouse, rather than digging my bigger laptop out of its case to get the mini receiver. I also find its something I always do, because if I leave it in a computer once, I will forget its there, grab my netbook and mouse and dash out the house. Only to find later it doesn't have the receiver.

I found that if you plug the receiver into the computer after start up it keeps installing the software. If you plug it in before the machine loads, it just starts working straight away. Also I should mention there is no software to install manually. The receiver does all that automatically.

The wheel track in the middle is grooved so it doesn't slide when your hands get warmer. A small point but I noticed on my other mouse that the smooth wheel uses more finger pressure. After hours on a PC that starts to add up to a bit of repetitive strain.

There is a different nano receiver on sale on amazon for 0.69 pence. But one reviewer says it doesn't work on windows 7.

I am running this mouse on XP and windows 7.

I'm not sure if the mouse switches itself off after a while but I switch it off manually when finished.

Finally, I want to say that if you can use either hand for the mouse as I can, its really easy to swap over hands without any fuss at all. At the moment my right outer wrist/forearm ligament is playing up so I'm back on the left for a while.
55 comments|148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2010
A great item. Easy to set up and use...basically, just plug it in and off you go. Really small and neat USB stick. Accurate movement and comfortable under the hand.
on 13 January 2012
I confess I bought my M305 by mistake, thinking it was the full-size M505 that Amazon had had on promotion the previous week. I decided to keep it anyway because I could see a use for it.

I already had the earlier version of the same mouse, the V220, which has the same body but a larger, USB stick-sized receiver that slides into the underside of the mouse, and I'd come close to losing that a couple of times - once under my seat on a plane when I was working on something that had to be done before landing. The M305's tiny receiver can be left permanently in the laptop's socket, and it certainly won't fall out by itself, so that immediately gives it an advantage for travel.

Although I use a full-size Logitech LX5 mouse on my desk at work, I keep the M305 in my bag to take to meetings, because it's much nicer to use than the touchpad on my HP laptop. Setpoint recognized the new mouse at once, so I can use either and get the one really useful feature, which is left-right scrolling with sideways pressure on the click-wheel.

Like all my Logitech mice, this one is usefully unfussy about surfaces, even tolerating sofa cushions and carpet on occasion. It's not as comfortable for all-day use as a full-size mouse, but it's fine for a couple of hours. And as with my other mice, it's very light on its battery - I use an NiMH rechargeable, which runs for months between charges.

One practical point - the silver-grey finish is rather inconspicuous and tends to blend into office furniture, at least where I work. I've left the mouse behind in several meeting rooms and had to go back to retrieve it. For something that may be used in unorthodox places, maybe one of Logitech's bright colour options would be a better choice.
on 26 May 2012
After purchasing several cheaper wireless mice and finding that they would only last a matter of months before becoming faulty, I found this one and have never looked back! This has been going strong for over a year now and is perfect for my needs. It takes 1 AA battery (supplied) and I've only had to change the battery once or twice in a year, despite using it daily.

I use this with a laptop and the very small USB receiver is perfect, as the longer ones I had used previously were often knocked out. The mouse moves smoothly as does the scroll wheel. It is plug and play so no need to wait for anything to install. The only negative I can think of is that the mouse is quite small - it's fine for me, but my husband has much bigger hands, so prefers to use a bigger mouse.
on 20 December 2009
Got this for my netbook. Works really well. Receiver which plugs into the netbook is small enough to be left in place which is handy. Recommended.
on 16 October 2012
I bought this to use with a laptop computer, I find laptop tracking pads not as responsive as a real mouse. This has worked out perfectly and did not need any special setting up once plugged in. The mouse, has a mini USB connection which only juts out by 3 or 4 millimetres from the slot. It runs on a single AA battery which is inserted just under the palm rest. In addition under this rest there is a small slot where the mini USB wireless connection can be stowed away. It's a really good idea and one of those little things which adds to the value. If like me, you have difficulty in squeezing your laptop into a bag because it's a tight squeeze, knowing the connector is safely in it's slot is one thing less to think about. The mouse is smooth to use and responsive, the mouse buttons are like any other mouse buttons and give a nice click sound when depressed. I've been using mine for the last 2 to 3 months and the battery is still going strong. But I will say I am not a heavy user, only using my laptop a couple of times a week. Underneath the mouse there is a sliding button which has to be switched on, it's no big deal and means the battery is conserved when turned off.

Small, agile, works well, I'd recommend it to anyone.
on 8 May 2012
I have been using one of these mouses (mice?!) for two years and then one day it started to work intermitently. I tracked the fault to the USB receiver/transmitter. When I fiddled with the connection it started to work again and then would give up. It did the same whichever USB port I used and other USB devices work fine in the same port. Now the mouse does not work at all, so it seems like a component has failed. This may be an exceptional case, though I don't think I have mistreated it. I do take my laptop with me everywhere I go but the laptop is holding up fine. On the plus side I have enjoyed using the mouse for two years and they are not so expensive so I don't feel too aggrieved, but I think one of these items should have a longer life span than this. Consequently I will try an alternative brand when I replace it. Meantime I am back in the dark ages of using the trackpad!
44 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I still have my Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 (which is a solid, heavy-duty device), but decided to buy this smaller mouse for my laptop. After using it for my laptop, I bought another one for my desktop, replacing the gaming mouse. It's just more convenient, easier to use and its wireless. Sure it's comfortable, but I really like the Nano-receiver that simply sits in your USB port unnoticeably. The connection never drops out with the AA battery and I can always leave the mouse `on', as the battery automatically shuts off when it sits for a while. The best part is it's so inexpensive, even with perfect tracking. My gaming mouse was about five times the price. If you want to spend an extra ten dollars, you can get a Logitech Wireless Mouse M510 with the `unifying' feature, meaning you only need to use one Nano-receiver in one USB port, freeing up your other ports.

I have tried this mouse on my ACER desktop and my Dell laptop. Both worked perfectly.
on 12 April 2010
THE MOUSE WORKS PERFECTLY AND STRAIGHT AWAY, HAVING LOTS OF OPTIONAL SETTINGS THAT CAN BE SET UP. I BOUGHT IT BECAUSE THE USB RECEIVER IS SO SMALL THAT IT PERFECTLY SUITS MY NOTEBOOK AND CAN BE LEFT PLUGGED IN PERMANENTLY WITH NO LOSS OF BATTERY LIFE AND ALSO ABLE TO FIT WITHIN THE NOTEBOOK'S CARRYING CASE.THERE IS ALSO A BATTERY-LOW WARNING LIGHT.VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY FROM A RELIABLE MAJOR MANUFACTURER.

BARRY WELSH
on 27 February 2010
I strongly dislike touch-pads, and this mouse is small enough to carry easily but large enough to use. The tiny USB receiver can stay in the laptop USB port all the time and it has good range. Entirely satisfactory