Size: 43mm|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 May 2014
I've used Marumi for filters for a good few years now (though I try other makers too)
The DHG (digital high grade) series is multicoated and available in lens protect, UV and CPL as well as others.

All feature a low profile size, lots of coatings to help reduce ghosting and internal reflections, a satin painted filter ring again helps reduce reflections, plus black ink on the outer edge of the glass filter. The "super" v the normal DHG is an additional coat added to the filter surface which helps repel grease, dirt and water/oil and it does seem to help here.

I've used both the normal DHG and Super. If you're outdoors a lot and can get the front element dirty at times the "super" is worth looking at, for most normal uses then the standard DHG is the one to go for. I've used these filters even on older film lenses (note they're just fine on film cameras too) and they do help tame reflections and flare, and in some cases can improve older lenses when used on digital bodies.

Marumi hit the spot for me as they make "good quality" filters, and the prices are not unreasonable either. A few brands out there are a bit OTT price wise, on the other hand you don't really want to use the ultra cheap makers either as they can cause issues with flare and hurt image quality. Recommended from me after years of use I've been very pleased with the quality of these filters.
on 14 November 2009
Well it has a unique function and does it well. It stop scratching the glass of your expensive lens. I pay a decent price for it and got peace of mind. You would never know it is on your lens. And I bought some for all my lenses. Job done.
on 5 August 2013
An exact fit for the Nikon V1 10-30mm and 30-110mm lenses. Has no effect upon light transmission and I have not noticed any flare or vignetting. High quality glass in a thin frame which provides that essential level of protection for the exposed front lens element. An excellent price for an excellent filter. I have a Marumi 40mm fitted to my Fuji X10 and it too is superb.
on 27 March 2014
To the image quality of my lens.

Excellent optical quality, tight fit and protection for my expensive lens. Exactly what I wanted and at a superb price. I have Marumi filters my other Fuji camera lenses and have been delighted at their performance and cost.
on 16 July 2013
I am a little wary of putting anything in front of the lens on my cameras as, like many others, I am always striving for the best image quality. With this filter I can see no difference at all - and it is comforting to know that the lens is protected.
on 3 May 2013
Reserved opinion and not quite sure based on mixed net reviews. The kit is high quality and matches that of most alternative suppliers
on 26 November 2014
Marumi remain my first choice for filters. Slim-line and good glass for max light transmission.
on 22 October 2013
Needed a good quality filter to protect a new lens. This is a quality filter as the outside edge of the glass is coated black to minimise internal reflections within the lens. It does not affect the quality of the pictures that I have taken so-far.
on 12 February 2015
Great price fast delivery
on 11 October 2014
Bought filter from China City through Amazon, filter had what looked like water marks in the glass would not polish out but did not notice these until Amazon 30 day return had expired. Got in touch with China City and Marumi filters but no luck with replacement or refund, would not buy off China City or Marumi filters again, be warned!!