5.0 out of 5 stars talent beyond his years, 25 Jun 2004
This review is from: Two Shots (Audio CD)
I bought this CD as soon as I saw Matt Dusk perform on the Fox show "The Casino", and it is definitely my new favorite CD for the summer. The CD is an eclectic mix of classic melodies, strong instrumentation, and velvety-smooth vocals, all compiled with a modern twist of beats. Some of his songs sound as though he himself was a member of the Rat Pack, while others demonstrate how young and hip he really is. I like his rendition of "Please, Please, Me", but the last track of the CD is my personal favorite. It is a remix of a song that Bono wrote for Sinatra to perform, but asked Matt to record after Sinatra passed away. I think they use this song for the opening credits of "the Casino". This CD is a good purchase if you want to rekindle your love of jazz...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 2 Mar 2005
This review is from: Two Shots (Audio CD)
I have a diverse taste in music but i'm really into jazz at the moment..you know Michael Buble,Peter Cincotti etc..then i had Matt Dusk drop through my door yesterday and this album is awesome my fave track being Please Please Me but it's all good Matt has the voice and looks to break a thousand hearts...I don't know if anyone else agrees but i think he sounds like ol' blue eyes Frank Sinatra...
This cd would be a worthy addition to anyones cd collection buy it today and be amazed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 19 Sep 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Two Shots (Audio CD)
Very pleasantly surprised. Good tunes, great voice, melodic. He also did the music for the Fox TV series The Casino.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 22 Jun 2004
This review is from: Two Shots (Audio CD)
I generally listen to all kinds of music and I particularly liked this album. Due to its old classical jazz melodies expressed in a modern fashion. If you also like artists like the Beatles and Bono from U2, you will find the Beatles "Please Please me" and Bono "Two shots" originally written for Frank Sinatra.
This album is perfect for quiet romantic moments or when you are in the mood for classical jazz accompanied by a full symphony orchestra.
I hope that you enjoy this album as much I do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Some great vocals, 25 Feb 2011
This review is from: Two Shots (Audio CD)
I'm surprise I haven't heard more from Matt Dusk with some great vocals and I think this is worth a listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Great, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Two Shots (Audio CD)
A great intro into this Canadian singer. A modern day version of a 1940;s/50's Sinatra but with an edge. The title number was written by Bono and The Edge (U2) remember them? this sets the bar for the rest of the album. Highly recommended as an introduction to this artist who has a touch of jazz, and modern type vocals. I only bought this for a second time as a friend heard the first purchase, and asked me to get them a copy. It's infectious, a great mix of songs, good backing band, and refreshing to hear mostly original songs apart from a couple of numbers including an unusual version of the Beatles Please Please Me.

Just buy it and see.