on 31 May 2012
Supplier was great - Item arrived within 2 days of placing order - fantastic.

They are very strong magnets - so strong infact that one if the three, the magnet came out of its casing and has to be re-glued (Not an issue really, a glue gun will sort this out no worries)

I find it best to actually side the magnets apart now instead of trying to pull them open.

They are great to use when out running stops the headphone wire hitting you in the face, and as a general cable tidy - for the price I would recommend these.

Update: RE: The Magnet that fell out of the holder: - I contacted Proporta yesterday to let them know (the magnet split in 2 and I didn't want to attempt to re-glue this myself)I think as the magnets themselves are so strong but also really small, shock or impact in transit could have caused this - anyway, Proporta emailed me a response last night saying they will happily send out a replacement as each Proporta Item has a Lifetime exchange warranty!!!! COME ON GUYS - IF THIS ISN'T THE BEST NEWS EVER TO WAKE UP TOO - Amazing customer service (id employ her) and a hassle free resolution - I rate them even higher now because of this- 4starts to 5 starts now! Add them to your favorite sellers as you will want to do business with these guys.

Update 2: New replacement 3 pack arrived on Wednesday, after the bank holiday weekend - exactly as i was told it was going to - it was here by 10am as well. All 3 are in perfect working order.

I have been using these for a week now - I use 1 with my headphones - it really makes a difference sealing them with this device instead of just leaving them rolled up - when I put them in the case and remove them again, they are not all tangled up - effortless.
I have also been using one when out running as it holds the cable securely to my t-shirt and stops it from swinging into my face.
I have a 3rd one on my desk at work - it holds my phone charging cable on the desk - I have some bits of metal on my desk so this works fantastically - I can have the charging cable on the desk and use the magnets opened and pressing down on top of the cable (on the metal plate) holds it perfectly on my desk.
There are so many uses for these little gadgets - I don't know why i haven't brought them before.
on 4 October 2010
Already bought the green ones but found so many uses for them I bought some more in black!

Excellent cable tidy. A really neat idea that looks good and works well. Made of silicon with powerful magnets to ensure your cable is secured properly. My headphone cables are no longer a tangled web of frustration :D

Highly recommended.
on 1 August 2012
I was getting really fed up by keep buying new heaphones because they didnt last for long time due my mess in the bag (I know, u think, U WOMAN! lol) Then I found this little masterpiece and Its just great. It makes the cable nice and organized and believe my current headphones will last for loooong time. Very good idea, Proporta!
on 28 February 2013
I fold up my cables, it keeps them in place. Easy. I then use it as a shirt clip to stop my headphones dangling or pulling from my ears - I always have problems with the clips provided by headphones manufacturers for this purpose, and these work far better for me! As others have said, I only wish they made a bigger version for other cables that need tidying... Excellent little doohickeys, and since I got them while they were reduced, they really cost pence.
on 23 November 2010
I really like these. They do just what they said and they do it well.
I wish they'd make a larger size for all my other cables though.
on 27 June 2016
The best magnetic cable tidies I've seen. The magnets are nice and strong, and the thoughtfully designed domed back stops them from sticking to each other when you have a few of them in the same pocket in a bag.

I've tried other cheaper types, but these are the best. I've just ordered another set.
on 10 June 2013
I was sick of my earphones always being tangled so I thought I'd give these a try. I thought they might not be all that useful but given that they're not particularly expensive I had a punt.

Transpires that they're brilliant, I must save a couple of minutes day by pulling a neat tidy coil from my pocket or laptop bag rather than untangling a venomous snake like I used to.

When I'm wearing earphones I use it to clip the cable to my lapel so I can take off my laptop bag (shoulder strap) without interfering with the hands free call I'm on.

When they arrived there were two black sets and one bright orange in the pack, I would have thought I'd prefer all black but the bright orange one is always easy to find in the bottom of a bag or in plain sight on a desk otherwise covered by black charger and USB cables etc.
VINE VOICEon 2 May 2014
This item has a magnet for holding things together. However, it comes apart very easily & falls off. I used it to put together my headphone wires as I am out & about & it fell off & got lost. Absolutely useless. It is very flimsy & loose.
on 1 December 2015
A very useful gadget. I use for walking. I place one on the inside of my jacket and one on the outside, opposite each other. I then place my headphone lead through the support made by joining the two proporta pads and it keeps the lead in place. Very easy and effective to use.Proporta Headphone Earphone Earbud Earpod Cable Tidy - Pack of 3 for iPhone 4 4S 5 5S 5C iPad 2 3 4 mini Air Kindle HTC Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 Note iPod classic touch shuffle nano Beats Sennheiser Wire Organiser
on 21 August 2011
Using these cable tidies, you only need to fold your cables and the magnets will clasp them shut. Works for some thicker cables too.

See one answered question