5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
Published 22 months ago by West Yorkshire

3.0 out of 5 stars needs work
I like historical novels. This one has the making of a great story but was diminished by the frequent grammatical errors, point of view shifts and underdeveloped cast of characters.

Published 14 months ago by K. Meador

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 13 Jun 2012
This review is from: Captured (Kindle Edition)
Personally I loved this book. I first read 'With this Kiss' on Kindle. I found that I really loved Victoria Lynne's writing style. A true romance with a great story and real passion between the main characters. Having read that I bought 'Chasing Rainbows' as it had many good reviews but also opted to buy 'Captured' despite the review that said it was mediocre. I decided to read 'Captured' first in case the review I'd read was accurate. Obviously it is a matter of individual opinion but I thought this book was every bit as brilliant as the previous one I've mentioned. It's so good to read a romance where the main female character is not utterly reliant on her man. The women in Victoria Lynne's books have real spunk and are strong-willed and it really adds to the appeal of the male characters, that they fall as much for these qualities as they do for their beauty. The description of 'Cole McRae' in this book and that of 'Morgan St. James' in 'With this Kiss' don't disappoint. Hot hot hot! Tall, strong and above all rugged. The sex scenes are intense to say the least. Just how we wish they were in real life! And with a great story to pull you in also. Even without the romance element (which personally I love) these books have strong stories. This one is set during the American Civil War. 'Devon Blake' has become embroiled in the war rather innocently, despite a colourful past, and finds herself in prison charged with murder and of having dealings with the enemy. For this reason Cole hates her and it's his job to escort her to the prison in Washington. But she's escaped twice already from other men and she is determined not to go to prison (for reasons you'll find out). However, Cole is not as easy to manipulate and is more driven having lost most of his men at sea in a trap by the enemy - lead by a man called 'Jonas Sharpe' and he believes that Devon is Jonas's agent. Cole has unfinished business with Jonas Sharpe and the outcome of the war may well rest on it. I loved the pace with which Cole begins to fall for Devon and it's all the little details that add so much. I thoroughly recommend this book and I believe Victoria Lynne is a superb writer - keep up the good work, you've got another fan! I daren't start 'Chasing Rainbows' as I cannot read into the early hours, yet again, so I'm saving it. But knowing it's there on my Kindle... I don't know how long I will hold out!

3.0 out of 5 stars needs work, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Captured (Kindle Edition)

The point in the story where she sends a letter to England for money support from her uncle and then he suddenly just arrives is unrealistic given the era this story was set in - it would taken months just to get the letter to him, much less for him to arrive overseas. And then instead of being glad to see him she wanted to disappear with the main male character. That didn't make much sense to me either. In addition, I felt the point where the male leading character decided to start listening to the main leading female character was weak since up until that point he was adamant about following orders and not giving her side of the story any merit.

Anyway, if you want an okay read, go ahead and read this book, but don't get your expectations up too high.

5.0 out of 5 stars This did capture, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Captured (Kindle Edition)
The main protagonists are beautifully portrayed and are so enjoyable. Monty is great and the twist at the end had me cross and asking why. I will definitely be reading her books in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic love story, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: Captured (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. I couldn't put it down. This author has a great knack of drawing you in to her world. Brilliant x

5.0 out of 5 stars Captured...my heart, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Captured (Kindle Edition)
Haven't read a book by this author before and now i have I know that it won't be the last. I loved all the characters in the way they were serious and funny...to me anyway. Couldn't put it down definitely worth a read

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD READ, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Captured (Kindle Edition)
I have never read anything by Victoria Lynne before but from what I have read in this book, I will certainly consider getting more of her books. I found it to be well written. It was good, there was plenty of action and had no slow bits in it. The storyline flowed from beginning to end.

It's basically about a young woman called Devon Blake who's quick wit and good luck help her survive on the streets of Liverpool. She travels to America to meet her fiancé...she has not met the man as the marriage has been arranged for her. Unfortunately when she arrives she finds herself in trouble, she comes across the dead body of Lieutenant Preston and is accused of his murder and of spying. She has been tried and convicted and is destined for the gallows. It is the Handsome dynamic Captain Cole McRae who must transfer her to the prison in Washington. Cole's ship was destroyed and most of his men were killed. Now he is determined to see the person responsible jailed for their crimes. Devon makes wild attempts to escape but this only fires his fury. She tries unsuccessfully, to plead her innocence but he does not listen. But during Cole and Devon's daring race through enemy territories he starts to believe her and eventually a passion ignites which is stronger than vengeance and he starts to protect her.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure Escapism!, 20 Feb 2013
Mrs. F. Heaton "libra" (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Captured (Kindle Edition)
An enjoyable read, with great leading characters. The story has many twists and turns before reaching its inevitable conclusion.

Interesting plot developments and well-drawn characters add warmth and humour to this well researched book, making it a must read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Captured, well I certainly was., 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Captured (Kindle Edition)
After downloading books at five in the morning I wasn't overly optimistic that my choices would have been that good when I came to read this book. I was pleasantly surprised. The characters were likeable and the story line engaging. There was a few points that made me go what, really? but overall I enjoyed the book and would read ms Lynne' s books again.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Captured (Kindle Edition)
personally i really enjoyed this book funny and serious it had all the elements a book that you can read again

5.0 out of 5 stars Captured my mind!, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: Captured (Kindle Edition)
This book started off a little slow for me, the Prologue I am still undecided that it was relevant to the story. In that I am referring specifically to the scene with the bar maid. I kept waiting for that to somehow tie into the story somehow. BUT, in the end it didn't matter! Once I finished this book I was sad that it had come to an end! The relationship between Cole and Devon is wonderful and action packed. This book has a little bit of everything in it! I thought the part was so well written when she arrived at the camp covered in muck and the reaction of the men. Devon's Uncle Monty is a great character and brought an additional dimension to the book. I though the ending was great and I loved the twist! Will keep an eye out for more from this author!

ARRAY(0xaf5d00a8)