Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Price:£63.00 - £161.62

on 18 April 2012
Bought these sandals after reading several good reviews and I can quite happily say that they live up to expectations. Ok, they are quite expensive in comparison with everyday sandals but they are so well made, are exceptionally comfortable and actually look good too.

I've spent lots of money on other sandals like Fit Flops and Clarke's only to suffer with blisters either on top of my feet or on the soles of my feet after just a few days use. So much so that I had to revert to trainers which in warm climates on holiday is not ideal.

After spending a week in the sunny warm climate of the Canaries just over a week ago I can say that the Teva Toachi sandals were amazingly comfortable and never once caused my feet to blister. This involved a lot of walking both on good footpaths and on rough terrain too. There grip is also exceptional, I've never felt more confident walking on slippy surfaces as I have with these superb sandals.

Would recommend these sandals to anyone 100%.

Thanks to all the previous users who gave me the feedback that inspired my purchase.
on 4 July 2014
Bought Teva sandals for the first time in July 2014 by reading good reviews here. I love the comfort of these sandals, and I didn't have a problem to set them up to fit my feet as some other people had :-). Would thoroughly recommend them to anyone looking for a good and comfortable sandals :-)

UPDATE on 26th Aug 2014
Unfortunately, my initial review on 4th July 2014, was a bit early report and excitement about these sandals :-) ... I wore these sandals all summer and had ALWAYS problem with straps :-(. I still wear them, but I have red marks on a front of my both legs where straps are. I've tried all sorts of adjustments with straps, but they are useless for me :-(. Sandals sole is THE BEST material so far I had with my sandals, and I had a number of various brands, but unfortunately these sandals failed me with straps, which is the reason to reduce the number of stars :-( ... I will not buy anymore of these :-(
I set out to buy a second pair of men's Rockport sandals, the originals having served me faithfully for many years. It was during my search that I came across the manufacturer 'Teva', a name with which I am unfamiliar. I read the various reviews which seemed very favourable. Also, I like the design features of the 'Toachi 2' which includes a connector in the 'arch' strap. My only real decision, a difficult one, was what size to buy. I eventually plumped for a sandal the same as my shoe size, UK size 9. I believe half sizes are available so I could have chosen 9.5 or 10.

The Teva is a 3-strap sandal: toe, arch and heel. This feature alone makes for a very comfortable sandal and together these straps hold the sandal to the foot with the same security as a shoe. It does not 'flop around' or feel like it might come off the foot. It has been claimed that you do not get blisters with a Teva, 3-strap sandal. I have worn mine for about a week now and I can believe it. They seem to get more comfortable the longer they are worn.

But the very feature that makes them so comfortable also makes them a bit tricky to setup correctly. With all 3 straps released and peeled back there is no fore & aft reference point unlike a sandal with a fixed heel, which restricts how far back the foot can travel in relation to the sole. My first 2 or 3 attempts to setup the straps correctly failed and I found the tips of my toes protruded ahead of the tip of the sole. This is not a good position to be in if the foot collides with a vertical surface like a stone step. The poor toes will absorb the impact.

My eventual solution was first to place my foot on the sole where it felt most comfortable and then do up the heel strap. Next do up the arch strap and finally the toe strap. To remove the sandal you simply undo the connector on the arch strap and the sandal comes away like a conventional shoe. Since setting up the straps correctly I have not needed to undo any of them again. Fastening or unfastening the connector is all that is necessary. As a consequence the hook & eye of the Velcro fastenings will last a whole lot longer.

It has been mentioned that the placement of the connector on the outside of the sandal was a mistake, it should have been placed on the inside of the foot where it can be easily seen. I am not unsympathetic to this opinion because it would make fastening and unfastening easier. However, the sandal probably would 'not look right' with the connector on the inside. I have since adopted a method of fastening & unfastening which dispenses with the need to see the connector. It can be operated by touch alone provided the straps are not done up too tight. A little 'give' in the straps is desirable otherwise they will pinch. The sandals have not lost their registration with my feet for over a week. No further adjustment is necessary although I might need to readjust them once in a while as the sandals wear. I can recommend using thin stockings or bare feet.

Teva sandals are expensive but they are designed to be tough, durable, comfortable, reliable and quite good looking. This kind of quality does not come cheap. I doubt that my Rockports were any better when new.
on 15 October 2015
This is my third pair of Toachi 2's in about eight years. They're really great, practical all purpose sandals which I virtually live in. I really like them because they seem to be the only sandals with the unique bonus of a quick release buckle which saves messing about with velcro fastenings which eventually lose their grippyness.

On the down side however the choice of style for us here in Europe has been downgraded to two rather cheap looking finishes in shades of grey with fluorescent green or blue plasticky flashes which to some may make them look more 'sporty'. My previous two pairs were in a sort of faux leather style which seemed to be slightly better quality but which alas is now only available in The U.S. where they seem to have much better taste!
on 31 May 2014
I really like these sandals. They can be adjusted for a good fit, the push in fastener means they don't have to be readjusted each time you put them on. They are comfortable and look ok.
on 8 July 2015
Thought to comment on these sandals.
Ordered a more expensive merrell first, and For the first time returned an item as the arch was in a weird place. Easy peasy with Amazon.
So happy with these teva, super comfy from 1st wear. Nice thick bottoms, Good grip, perfect supports hold foot in correct posistion, feet do not slip at all, hardly notice your wearing them. Time will show on durability but so far I'm well pleased. Worth the money.
I got a new favourite.
on 6 October 2015
Nice sandal, quite expensive for a water-based walking sandal, have purchased Teva in the past with so-so impression, but almost all the higher end sandals are velcro only, so this seems to be the only clip fastening sandal so purchased. Have used for hiking on sand and along river and good so far; issue is long term durability, which my previous Teva did no do well on.
on 20 January 2012
Normally suffer with the odd blister when wearing new sandals. Not the case with these.
Wore them almost constantly during our 2 week holiday without any problems and they still look like new!
on 10 July 2014
Good quality sandals with a very comfortable sole, but they weren't right for me. There is a gap in the padding above the big toe and on the heel. I cant understand why Teva have done this, all their sandals look the same. This resulted in a very uncomfortable experience for me and they have now been sent back. As other reviewers have said, they are also very narrow so best to try on before you buy.
on 12 July 2015
Brought the Taochi original pair- they lasted really well- two years later- I am getting a replacement!