5.0 out of 5 stars Love it.
I really like this watch it looks great on , I like a big watch , it is easy to read for us older guys.. It arrived on time.
Published 3 months ago by billy

2.0 out of 5 stars Second one going back!
Published on 31 July 2011 by Mrs. S. East

2.0 out of 5 stars Second one going back!, 31 July 2011
This review is from: Sekonda Strap Chronograph Watch 3144 (Watch)
When it worked it was great, just what my husband wanted, yes it was a big watch face but he liked that. What he didn't like was the first one having condensation under the face and the second one the middle pin falling out. Given that this was a present I was a little embarrassed. Give the company their due, they refunded my money on the first one and I am waiting to hear the outcome of the second. Still disappointing though, not to mention the hassle! We are going to find another watch for him!

UPDATE MARCH 2012
The seller sent back the watch for us and after about four weeks it was returned, all in working order and so far so good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 17 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars What a Watch, 6 Sep 2012
Mr. C. Finch (Wellingborough, Northants, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sekonda Strap Chronograph Watch 3144 (Watch)
I have owned this watch for just a few days, however I had to pass on my thoughts as I am very impressed by it. There are 3 areas that I would like to mention.
Firstly the look of the watch. It has a large cream dial with a slightly 'lensed' glass, giving a further impression of its size. The one I have has the edges of the hands and the hour indicators marked in a steel blue which goes well with the cream and makes it very easy to read the time, particularly useful if you are a senior member of the community, such as myself!
Secondly the use of the watch. The Crown is large and easy to adjust the watch with, also the buttons to stop/start and reset the timer function are easy to use and work well.
Thirdly, an area which I don't understand. The third dial has a 24hr indicator, slightly odd but I suppose they wanted to have a use for it? But the very outer edge of the dial also has 24hrs marked out on it, as far as I can see only for decoration.
Fourthly, (yes I know, I did say 3) the only thing I can criticize on this watch is the length of the strap. I think I am pretty much an average build, but the watch is on the very end hole so if you have a thick wrist you may need to replace the strap before you can wear it.

Update to review 27/4/13
The watch is still working well and in spite of my sometimes clumsy handling, still looks good. But, there are 2 points I would like to mention. Firstly the crown wheel, several times I have looked at the watch and realised that it has stopped working. Investigation showed that this is because the crown wheel has somehow been pulled away from the body to the setting position. Its quite a large crown so I can only guess that it catches on my shirt. The second point is to clarify my confusion over the use of the third, 24hr, dial it helps you reset the date so it changes at midnight not noon.
still very happy I bought it.

Final Update 14/4/14
It is with great sadness that I report the death knell of my of my beloved Sekonda Chronograph 3144. The long running problem with the crown wheel finally led to its demise, and it departed this world at exactly 4.44 and 41 seconds on the 11/4/14 when its crown wheel disappeared, just 5 months short of its second year. In that short time it filled every second with excitement. Our little games of hide and seek, the eggs I have timed and the meetings I have avoided due to it popping its crown wheel at that critical time... happy days.
The fate of all watches is related to 'economic repair' and being beyond it. The poor thing is now trapped within, unable to speak, crossing off the seconds until that final joule of energy is sucked from its battery, so sad.
So what to get next?

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong numbers on the outer edge of the face, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Sekonda Strap Chronograph Watch 3144 (Watch)
I don't own this watch but thought I should point out that the numbers 1 to 24 around the outer edge of the face are obviously incorrect. If Sekonda wanted to have a 24hr representation then the numbers 13 to 24 should be printed at the same major dividers as the 1 to 12 dividers. As it's printed in the photos 22:00hrs is at the 23:00hrs position &c. Or have Sekonda re-invented the analogue timepiece by turning 3 O'clock into 6 O'clock &c? If they have then I'd keep reading the wrong time.
Other than that it looks great for the price but I've decided not to buy it because of that rather ridiculous error and too much apparent "form over function".

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sekonda Strap Chronograph Watch 3144 (Watch)
Really good quality watch for a very reasonable price. Although the watch is quite thick it sits well on my smallish wrist and is very comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the price., 1 Feb 2014
R. Claytor (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sekonda Strap Chronograph Watch 3144 (Watch)
I have been looking for a while for a quartz chronograph at a reasonable price and then I found this Sekonda at half what some other sellers are asking. It has a larger dial than normal, but having worn it all day I have found it nice and easy to read the time from. It is only a one hour chronograph, the 24 hour sub dial is linked to the hands and is not part of the chronograph function, it is however useful when setting the date as regards am or pm. A more comprehensive chronograph will not be 29.95, but more like 70 and upwards, so for the money I am more than happy with this watch. Although it is rated to 50 meters I would not go swimming with this watch, it might be alright but I would not want to risk it. It looks far more expensive than what it cost and to my mind is something of a bargain. It has been discontinued which is probably the reason for it being sold at half price, I'm not bothered by that, what interests me is what is it and how much does it cost. The leather strap is a bit on the short side and I'm no body builder, so you might need a larger strap/bracelet fitting. Grab a bargain before they are all gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sekonda Strap Chronograph Watch 3144 (Watch)
I like this watch very much looks great and works well, It's very hard to find just the right watch face.

3.0 out of 5 stars average quality, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: Sekonda Strap Chronograph Watch 3144 (Watch)
I bought it as a cheap watch whilst looking for something more substantial. I feel that the quality is a bit too low, even for a 50 watch, when compared to e.g. accurist/citizen/casio at similar cost.

The glass is relatively easy to mark, as is the bezel.

Functionally, it works well. I like the styling, but the quality is average for the price (50), hence 3 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars sekonda gents watch 3144, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Sekonda Strap Chronograph Watch 3144 (Watch)
excellent clock, easily readable and accurate in measuring time, the only sin a little above the average in size for a men's watch.

ARRAY(0xafdef33c)