5.0 out of 5 stars works with my mac book pro
I hope this is helpful, i bought this and tried to connect it with my mac book pro to my Dell 27 Ultra-sharp, at first it didn't work, so for a few days i thought it was just not up to it, so contacted StarTech support, never done this before especially for a 'cable', they told me to turn the laptop to lower resolution and bang. it worked. no i got it running at 2560 x...
Published on 17 Jan 2011 by absuk

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but it's flaky
The cable is not well shielded from interference. If phone is placed near the cable, 2G GSM signal sometimes causes screen to flicker or temporarily disconnect.

Other than that it's OK, supports 2560x1600 from Thunderbolt MacBook.
Published on 29 Mar 2011 by steam roll cheese

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good material, 23 Jan 2012
This cable has a quality/price very good, the quality of material there aren't the best, and the cable is sensible to interferences, but works perfect with my macbook 13'' late 2008.

The package arrived fast and without issues

5.0 out of 5 stars anyone who pays more than this for a cable is a fool!, 28 Dec 2011
This cable is not the thickest and weighs in at the same as an average USB cable, however both ends are molded nicely and the cable seems ridged and sturdy. It comes with two hard plastic covers for both the male ends to protect them in transit but are very useful if you move around a lot! Connectors are gold plated (not that this matters!) and slot in to both my monitor (displayport) and my 2011 mac book pro (thunderbolt/mini-displayport). Connection is flawless as expected, no interference here and thats with a phone sitting on the cable on various data and cellular networks to test (after reading other reviews about such issue). All in all a fab cable at a fab price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine on Macbook Air, not on Mac Pro, 8 Nov 2011
This cable works fine when connecting my MacBook Air with a Dell monitor. Oddly enough, it does not work when trying to connect my Mac Pro (Radeon 5880 card) to the same monitor. When I use a different (shorter) cable both setups work fine so it seems as if the signal from the Mac Pro is not good enough to drive this longer cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to find product, but works great., 11 July 2011
Mr. L. Baker (Cowes, Isle of Wight) - See all my reviews
I bought this so I could use my IBM laptop T410 with my 2010 27" Imac, in Target Mode.

I had bought many cables previous to this, for my old IBM laptop, that did not work. You need to check carefully if the video card on the computer you are plugging into the IMac supports the IMac screen.

The thing to understand is that the Mini Display Port on a Mac is proprietary, and native only to the Mac, though Apple allow others to use it Royalty free. Mini Display Port is just a smaller version of "Display Port".

As I had a Display Port on my IBM 410, all I needed was this lead. It works very well.

Using an Imac in Target Mode, is filled with minefields. Do your research first. There isn't a lot of information out there currently.

What I have discovered subsequently is: If the Laptop you are plugging into only has a serial port for screen output, you are unlikely to be able use an Imac as an extra screen for your Laptop. I've tried all types of adapters at over inflated prices. Finally I got a new Laptop, and found this lead - I got lucky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase!, 27 Nov 2012
I was advised of this cable by another mac mini user and it was a fantastic purchase for the price.

The picture quality to my Dell Ultrasharp monitor is superb with sharp vibrant colours. Have had no issues with interference (as suggested in another review) and I have my smartphone nearby most of the time. The image quality is 100% flawless.

Another thing I have seen mentioned is the build quality, but again I can see no issues here. The cable comes well packaged with caps on the connectors. The cable feels tough with solid plugs either end.

If you are on the fence about this cable and your monitor has a display port connection, I would advise to buy this cable right now. Its a much better choice than using HDMI without a doubt, especially if you have a 2012 mac Mini which has some known HDMI issues.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and just does the job, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: StarTech 3 feet Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Adapter Cable - M/M (Personal Computers)
I bought this cable to use while on a 6 week work contract. Its a cheap alternative to buying a dual link DVI adapter.

The only issue I have had is the screen goes blank if my mobile phone rings when placed near the cable.

For 5 I can forgive this small issue as you get what you pay for and I can place my phone on the other side of the desk.

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT USE NEAR MOBILE PHONE NO SHIELDING- otherwise ok., 21 Dec 2011
The adapter works as advertised. I have connected my MBP13" to my Dell U2711 and am running 2560 X 1440 monitor without a problem until......

My iPhone goes off or I make a call. The screen then flickers and it has even crashed the video on my mac on more than one occasion. Took me a while to figure this out, I thought my graphics card was failing.

The solution is not having my iPhone near my mac. This is cheaper than the 70 dual dvi adapter from apple but still a nuisance.

I can't seem to find a vendor in the UK for a shielded adapter, not available on Amazon.

So if there is no phone near your machine, I can rate this a 5 star, until then only 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and it does it well!, 15 July 2014
I just replaced the VGA cable between my Macbook Pro and my new Dell P2414H with this one and everything is perfect! Prior to this i had blurry text in the middle of the screen and in Bootcamp Windows detected the monitor, but the monitor showed nothing.

Totally recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy., 12 July 2014
A very good and well made mini display port connecting cable at an excellent price. A bargain !

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014