5.0 out of 5 stars A great man's view of his world
I recently travelled to South Africa via New Zealand and it was in Auckland that I decided to bring an end to my own ignorance regarding South African politics.
Published on 28 Feb 2003 by Mr Ravin Mistry

I read this in paperback many years ago. It's a must read for everyone interested in people, justice and forgiveness.
Published 15 months ago by PD

5.0 out of 5 stars A great man's view of his world, 28 Feb 2003
This book is definately a "cannot-put-down" affair that is beautifully written in a simplistic yet very profound way, passing the task of conveying the trials and tribulations of apartheid with flying colours. What is more, you find yourself fully appreciating the enormity of this man's strength and commitment to his people and his country in the face of extreme oppression.
I cannot recommend this book highly enough - a wonderful read!

5.0 out of 5 stars One book, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: A Long Walk to Freedom: Volume Two: 1962-1994 (Kindle Edition)
If a man is to read One book in his entire lifetime , 'A Long Walk to Freedom' it should be... page by page I read and was convinced that some souls are sent to earth with unique understanding and strengths to inspire a world for decades to come... Nelson Mandela was unbreakable during the 27 years of imprisonment... the quotes that I read throughout the book inspired me and strengthened my faith on human abilities , God has blessed us with....

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, educating and entertaining., 1 Aug 2013
This book followed onto volume one and I found it to be as good as the first volume. It was emotional and heart breaking but inspiring and educating. I enjoyed the book, it made me angry, sad and very frustrated at times. It brought out many emotions as a good book should do and it also taught me a lot about politics and how people behave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightenment, 30 Jun 2013
I feel honoured to have finally learned the details of the life of this legend of my lifetime. He, along with Gandhi and Martin Luther king Jr,has shaped the world I live in. I hope his path to freedom will release him soon and he can rest among the angels. May your God be with you Nelson Mandela

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 21 Jun 2013
For some reason every time I picked this book up I was totally immersed. An inspirational leader and human being.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good holiday read, 14 Aug 2013
bought to read over 3 weeks but completed it in just a couple of days. really tells what actually happened

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book but the kindle version is bizarrely split in two, 7 Aug 2013
PD (The Gulf) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 6 July 2013
I bought this as a birthday present and I am so pleased with it. The book was nicely packaged and I received it in perfect condition. Great service, great price and great delivery. Very pleased with this purchase, thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 12 May 2013
I felt as though I was there!!! Lots of humour and laughter !!!!!!!! yet serious and disturbing, I wanted more, more, more.. highly recommended , more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long walk to freedom, 9 May 2013
Amazing, brought tears to my eyes in places.

Not really a autobiography reader but learning more about south Africa's father was infactuating