5.0 out of 5 stars SB2's are awesome
WOW! Finally a decent stereo Bluetooth set of headphones!

I've been using them in the gym, and they are great. Peace of mind from the life time sweat and perspiration guarantee also provides peace of mind.

Published on 22 Oct 2010 by Elliot

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not great either...
These headphones have some positives but are weighed down by negative points too.
Positives:
- Wireless: this is definitely the future and is a hugely great selling point. It makes a massive difference not having cables hanging everywhere and would be hard to go back.

Negatives:
- Couldn't get them to fit and sit still on my head, with a light...
Published on 2 May 2012 by BGrima

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not great either..., 2 May 2012
This review is from: JayBird JB-SB2-RUNNERRED Bluetooth Sportsband 2 Headphones - Runners Red (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Positives:

Negatives:
- Couldn't get them to fit and sit still on my head, with a light shake they fall forward. I found that the headband doesn't grip your hair properly so they only stay on if you stay upright and do not engage in any vigorous exercise. My head is not an unusual shape and size, but I admit this is subjective as everyone's head is a different shape so they might work for you. It's hard to design versatile headphones for sport for everyone.
- These are overpriced when you can get an identical alternative (dubiously similar) bearing the name of 3 alternative manufacturers. Is this some sort of joke? You can get the same thing for 1/3 the price on Amazon. Search for 7dayshop R7 and JUSTOP BTH002 and you'll see what I mean. Things don't stack up, trust me, after getting my hands on the Jaybirds they look exactly the same, down to the fitting mechanism, design, it's a marketing scam.
- The sound quality is OK, what you'd expect from a pair of £20 wired headphones, nothing special BUT it is Bluetooth so you're making an obvious sacrifice. I just think it's a joke to charge £100 for them, given that in the US they retail for $99, and they're not that great.
- The build quality just doesn't merit the price. They feel flimsy and cheap. Not that other headphone manufacturers are innocent of this! (Dr.Dre) I could just be biased to Apple's beautiful designs and functionality though.

So as my negatives heavily outweigh my positives I've had to give them a low score. Returned the next day for a refund, but strangely not put off the brand, going to try their in ear ones, or Sony Walkman NWZ-W range (they're half the price, have slightly better sound and actually stay in your ears sometimes).

5.0 out of 5 stars SB2's are awesome, 22 Oct 2010
WOW! Finally a decent stereo Bluetooth set of headphones!

Bieng able to control my iPhone from the controls on the headset is really useful, and even in my most determined efforts on the treadmill, they havent come off my head! Unreal!

Loving the product! Thanks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 20 Mar 2013
When I first got these, they were amazing! After 5 months they would disconnect and turn themselves off, so I got a replacement pair and again was very happy. But now (5 months later) my replacement pair are doing the same thing. I think this is pretty suspect to be honest and wouldn't recommend them to any one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound Headphones, 10 Nov 2012
Excellent delivery as promised , packaged in a lovely presentation box but would they perform as well as they looked , answer , yes , good Bluetooth connection the occasional drop in connection , but excellent sound quality , and mostly a good fit but certainly depends on head size , depending on the terrain you are running on they can loosen slightly and need re-adjusted , but overall very good .

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 4 hours, 12 Dec 2011
They get a 2 star coz they do sound awesome and came fully charged out of the box. The headband is fairly comfy although not quite as the similar Jabra set. However, the Jaybirds have a stronger spring in the band and thus are definately more secure for outdoor pursuits. For me that means cycling. The controls are good - vol up & down and skip fwd/back all on the same ear. The jabras by comparison only have a volume control on the ear which would annoy me when I'm cycling.

Sadly that's where it ends. Once the initial charge had died (after about 4 or 5 hours) they would not charge or even turn on. I note, after the fact, from other reviews that this is not an uncommon problem. So they clearly have an inherent design flaw or a production issue. I suspect cheap chinese batteries.

I am returning for a replacement set because I really liked them and hope to get lucky with a pair that will work for more than 4 hours.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sweatproof? I don't think so, 8 Dec 2011
This is the second set of Jaybird headphones I've owned and while they've worked, they've been great. They look good, they remain in place and the freedom to exercise without wires trailing behind me...brilliant. However, after just a few months use, these headphones have given up the ghost, mid-workout in the gym. I thought they might need charging, however, they will no longer charge or connect to my iPhone via Bluetooth and the 'ear pieces' are coated in a not very pleasant looking substance which I can only attribute to sweat damage.

For not one but two pairs of these headphones to die within a few months of purchase is very disappointing and unfortunately, it looks like the search for a pair of wireless headphones that will stay in place and are genuinely sweat resistant will have to continue. I shan't be buying another pair of these though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 7 Oct 2011
These headphones are great, I have them connected to my ipad2 so I can listen to my music, i make calls with them on my blackberry and the sound quality is amazing. Better than my skull candy headphones and they have great sound. You don't need the dongle for them either but I do have it for my iPod. I will never be without these. For gym lovers who are fed up of catching the headphone cords these are the best headphones ever. Battery life lasts ages too and they are easy to recharge!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sits great, gets comfy after some use, 20 Sep 2013
I use these mainly in the gym or when jogging, at first, they where uncomfortable to wear on the ears, but they got more comfy as my ears got used to them. The sound is ok, but not great, but for wireless and not being in-ear, it is enough for jogging or for the workout. There is substantial bleed of the sound, so blasting the volume will most likely annoy the people around you.

Battery is good, i usually recharge them every 3-4 days, never had them die on me.

They are sweat proof with a lifetime warranty, so sweat away!

The only gripe i have about them is that the charger is proprietary and not microUSB. And i wish i had known that before i bought them, because then i would most likely have gone with the Bluebuds X instead, even though they are way pricier.
There is no room for proprietary chargers in this day and age.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 1 Sep 2013
1st pair packed up after second use replacement pair lasted less than 20 work outs would probably be ok if you didnt sweat when working out

5.0 out of 5 stars reply to TOM ALLIBAN GREAT HEADPHONE, 27 Oct 2012
Salvatore Raia "saltek66" (barons court . london) - See all my reviews
I MUST SAY I WAS NOT SURE WHEN I BOUGHT THEM . HOWEVER I HAVE TESTED IN THE GYM AND THEY ARE GREAT , THE SOUND IS GOOD AND LOUD TOO . ITS SO EASY TO CONNECT TO THE IPHONE 5 , GREAT X THE PHONE CALL . I DONT UNDERSTAND THE BAD REVIEW . LET ME TELL YOU THAT I BOUGHT THE IBEATS AND 2 PAIR BOTH THE REMOTE CONTROL WOULDNT WORK AFTER 2 MONTH . JAYBIRD ITS ONLY 89.00 POUND . TO FINISH THE REVIEW IN MY OPINION THOSE HEADSET IS A GOOD VALUE . I LOVE THEM .