on 30 July 2013
Absolutely love it. Long potato twirls, salted and shallow fried in sunflower oil, better than a bag of crisps. Most vegetables can be used. Ideal for making coleslaw - white cabbage however has to be shredded manually, unless I'm doing something wrong. Carrots, onions, courgettes, all easily prepared.
on 15 February 2015
I bought this after reading all the reviews. I had hoped it would bring some interest to my salads, as I am trying to eat more raw foods and it can be hard going at times.
It certainly looks the part, so when I got it out of the box I was optimistic. Neat, sturdy, with good rubber suction on the feet.
So ...
Firstly, there are no instructions; it's up to you to work it out for yourself. I think this is poor, I expected at least a rudimentary diagram.
After some trial and error I found that it only works well on shortish, barrel shaped pieces of courgette, around 4 - 5 inches at most. It doesn't work well on anything harder, such as carrot or beetroot, and it doesn't work at all on anything tapered, such as parsnip or 'pointy' carrots, or even on a courgette with a distinct bend in it. I had hoped the slicing blade would work on cabbage, but it doesn't.
Even on courgette, where I did at least create some long 'noodles', there was a lot of waste, and an awful lot of C shaped offcuts.
All in all, it's a very disappointing purchase, and I'd urge you not to waste your money - maybe buy a mandoline instead..
And finally, if you do buy one, be very careful when you clean it. It's tricky. Veg gets wedged in the blades, and whilst trying to free some I managed to cut my thumb very deeply on one of the Julienne blades.
on 19 October 2014
It works and produces what it sais on the box. But is not as easy as they make you believe :-) If the vegetables are not straight, it doesn't work all that good and more waste as they make you believe. But still very happy with my purchase!
on 29 January 2014
The quality is this product is fantastic. It is very easy to use and to clean. I highly recommend it!
on 15 July 2014
Great delivery, arriving within 2 days of purchase. I am a gadget fan, and this seems an excellent product so far. Have made courgette noodles, with a green pesto sauce, for a raw food demonstration, and this went down very well. Quite a number of people who saw it in action were fascinated by this piece of equipment and asked how they could purchase one.
A word of caution: Take care when cleaning the equipment as the removable plates contain very sharp blades - use an appropriate brush. Plus DO NOT leave them in water in the sink, especially is soapy water, as you may not remember they are there - one of my fellow helpers cut her finger on a blade by doing just that. Best to leave them to the side or wash straight after using.
on 28 June 2014
This is the coolest kitchen gadget I've ever used! Make the fanciest salads and turn a carrot into curly ribbons :-)
on 17 June 2014
I love this. I have only just recieved it and used it a few times but love it. It is so easy to use and seems really quite sturdy. I love that it is dishwasher safe and the extra blades store so handy underneath. I would definitely recommend!
on 23 March 2014
Very happy. Brilliant product, easy to use. Good helper in the kitchen. Our favourite is fettuccine Alfredo made from courgettes. Hmmmm yummy :-)
on 21 May 2014
Been using it and it works perfectly . I totally recommend it to others , you will enjoy it and it's not a waste of money
on 25 November 2014
Such a fun to work with!! Amazing for salads or vegan pasta. Makes your dish to look stunning. Unfortunately it doesn't work with hard vegetable as carrots or maybe I just need to learn some more tricks.