on 3 December 2013
I have a large boxer dog and I tie her up for small periods of time to stop her going on the grass. She is very strong and has not pulled it out despite pulling very hard at first. Now, she is quite content to walk around and go in her kennel when she needs to. I will be taking it to my caravan site to tie her up there also and I feel confident that it is strong enough to do this.
on 28 August 2013
Have just returned from caravan holiday and tethered a strong large munsterlander and a cocker cross on this tether and they did not manage to pull it out of the ground unlike the screw tether I have used before. Also easy to remove. Would recommend this purchase

The only downside was the nut on the top kept coming off but next time will take a spanner with me to tighten it up.
on 3 October 2012
Bought for our Border Terrier when at our caravan. No problems at all; there isn't a hope in hell that she'd pull it out by herself. To remove it from the ground, husband gave it a bit of kick, which made it really easy to pull out.
on 9 May 2014
Bought to secure our dog when we’re camping, unfortunately it wasn’t delivered in time for our last trip so first use will be in a few weeks.
The quality and strength of the stake looks much better than the worm screw versions I’ve looked at and despite being more expensive I think it’s good value and worth the extra expense. I’ve used a borrowed worm screw version on a campsite that was very rocky just beneath the grass surface (in the Lake District), it was difficult to get into the ground to a suitable depth and the lead easily tangled on the stake, this version has a very sharp point, good gauge steal, and with the rotating attachment I don’t think there will be any of these issue.
on 28 May 2016
Just bought 2 to take our 2 chocolate labradors camping. 10 times better than the screw tethers, just tap them in with a rubber mallet, and they're really secure. No battles getting them into the ground like the screw tethers with are often near impossible in hard or stony ground and always get bent out of shape quickly by either the ground or an over exuberant dog. They are also easy to remove. A quick tap on the side and they pull out easily.
Have even started attaching both dogs to the same stake with no problems.
Highly recommended and definitely worth the extra money over the screw versions.
review image
on 6 April 2016
I bought two of these three-four years ago for my large (25kg and 30kg) dogs when on campsites. They replaced the large screw-in stakes that I found none too easy to screw into dry earth and eventually snapped. These straight stakes can normally be just pushed into most earth surfaces and pulled out straight out; occasionally a mallet has to be used to put them in. When packing away we frequently have both dogs on just one stake. The stakes have yet to let us down or be pulled out by the dogs. Having said all those nice things: please note, you must ensure the top retaining screw is regularly tightened.
on 20 May 2016
Great product strong and so much better than the screw version, easy to fit on lawn. Delivery very quick and query with supplier answered immediately. Would buy from this supplier again.
on 18 September 2014
Fantastic tether, easily keeps my large chocolate lab attached to the ground. It's perfect for when we go camping, very easy to get into the ground with a mallet. Also it is simple to remove from the ground with a little sideways knock with a mallet.
on 2 March 2015
I have not used this a lot yet, but plan to in the summer. On the occasions I have used it, it went into the ground very easily, the dogs lead didn't appear to get tangled up and it didn't appear to budge from the dogs movements; however, my dog is not much of a puller to get free.
on 26 March 2015
works better than the others! Holds firmer! You do need a mallet though! Comes out easy by hand (not by dog!!) doesn't survive being driven over by a car though!!

See one answered question