5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job
Published 1 month ago by David

2.0 out of 5 stars It gets hot but it's no good outdoors
I bought this gas soldering iron as I have an outdoor hobby that requires occasional access to a soldering iron. The obvious solution to this is a gas soldering iron, however this particular model is just not up to the job. Even indoors, it struggles to achieve what my 25W electrical soldering iron manages with ease.

It's a real pity as it's easy to recharge...
Published 21 months ago by Joe K

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars It gets hot but it's no good outdoors, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Silverline 497837 Gas Soldering Iron 195mm (Tools & Hardware)

It's a real pity as it's easy to recharge and comes with a variety of bits. However, it's not really fit for purpose if it can't do the job that I need it to do. There are other gas soldering irons on the market (and on Amazon) that are more robust in their heat delivery and are up to the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 17 Nov 2014
Fantastic little bit of kit, ideal for wiring in my car as there's no need to have cables all over the place... The flame can be a little bit erratic at first but other than that it's perfect for what I need.. Only thing I could ask for with this would be a little storage case as ive taped the spare tips to the handle but besides that I cannot fault it. Can also apply for lifetime warranty through the silver line website which im yet to do, but as I use it so little i probably won't need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent soldering iron couldn't believe how well it was constructed ..., 20 Nov 2014
Excellent soldering iron couldn't believe how well it was constructed and performed, this is all you need it compares to the ones at £40 £50. Plus a forever Guarantee, I've never heard of this. You just need a box to store it but for the money this tool is more than worth it ! I dont usualy give a Excellent review unless I mean it !! Also fast delivery. Oh! run time on a full charge of gas is 30+ mins continuasly.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Tool, 25 Mar 2012
Although mine has recently stopped working i have gotten alot of use out of it for quick jobs when i dont want plug in my electric iron and wait for it to heat up. It looks like it might be awkward to hold but i find it easy to work with.
It doesn't mention in the instructions but to use it, only leave the flam on untill the heat reservoir glows red, then extinguish the flame then turn the gas back on quickly to keep the reservoir glowing without flame shooting out everywhere.
If i cant fix mine i'll definatly buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
michael smith (Barrow In Furness, Cumbria,) - See all my reviews
Great product, Perfect transaction,

4.0 out of 5 stars s/iron, 21 May 2014
Just what I wanted. saved me a lot of money at the time. happy with my purchase and the price as it is something I will not use a lot but will be there when I need it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ouch, 16 Aug 2014
I'm not sure about this... It's cheap and can do what it's for. Will get you out of trouble and worth having in your toolbox for those emergency moments but for regular use it's a no. I've burnt myself many time using this it's less than safe really but handy

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted about a week then packed up for no apparent ..., 17 Dec 2014
Lasted about a week then packed up for no apparent reason. When it was working, controlling the flow was difficult and I managed to burn a number of items that ended up being a little too close.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy little tool, 16 Feb 2013
This is a very handy little tool and has already paid for itself on the repairs I have done with it and it is easy to use.
One improvement would be to provide a storage box with it for all the little bits.

1.0 out of 5 stars a useless solder iron, 23 Oct 2011
Barrie Nelson (Durham England) - See all my reviews
When using the iron the heat comes out 3 ins below the tip and if your holding the wire you get your fingers burnt.
it also burns up the surrounding area. It is completely hopeless

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›