4.0 out of 5 stars Very classy but very beige, 18 Nov 2012
Chappers "chappers" (LONDON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Architecture 21005 : Fallingwater (Toy)
This Lego Architecture model is the equivalent of a coffee table book: to be built, displayed and admired. It's a nice compact size, measuring 4.7" (11.7cm) tall, 10" (25.6cm) wide and 5" (12.8cm) deep, so it would fit nicely on a bookcase. It's quite a demanding build in terms of concentration as it's principally composed of small tiles and plates of the same colour, but the beautifully presented spiral-bound instruction book is very clear and precise. The finished product is striking and solid, with its strong cantilever design and Lego's clever depiction of water, pebbles and concrete, although the overwhelming beige colour is a bit of a let-down. It would have been better if a second colour had been used to distinguish between the concrete and limestone sections. A unique feature of 'Fallingwater' is that the finished model can be lifted out of its landscape, and sections slide out so they can be looked at more closely. All in all, it's a very classy and adult addition to Lego's Architecture Series, though I would have preferred to pay more for a bigger model with more detail as Lego has done with its magnificent 'Robie House', another stunning Frank Lloyd Wright building.

PS: While working on this model you need a couple of Lego Brick Separators to hand, to remove misplaced elements or dismantle it. The new small orange Separator only costs a couple of quid but is worth a fortune in avoiding manicurists/dentists' bills!

PPS: Unless you're in a hurry, it's useful to keep an eye out for Amazon's short-term deals on selected Lego models; I was lucky enough to snap this one up last week at a very good discount. And always check the RRP at the official Lego site, to make sure you're not being ripped off by some 3rd party supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fallingwater, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: LEGO Architecture 21005 : Fallingwater (Toy)
Great Lego set. By many considered to be the best Lego Architecture set as of today (Dec 2013) and I am inclined to oblige. Nice box, a decent number of parts, interesting build process, and a magnificent showpiece. It is a symbiosis of Lego and real world architecture. The square shape of the lego brick is repeated on different levels in the construction and the choice of Lego Group to revive the Lego Architecture theme with this model was indeed a very good one. This must be one of the top sets of all time. Only con was that the instruction was glued and not spiral bound, as was the case for the first production batches.
The purchase, payment and delivery process was flawless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Lego architecture model by a country mile, 5 Oct 2014
This review is from: LEGO Architecture 21005 : Fallingwater (Toy)
Best Lego architecture model by a country mile. A faultless reproduction of this famous house in Lego. You'll have great fun building this relatively complex model and the end result is so impress you'll want to display it somewhere you can gaze at it all day long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable challenge, 26 Dec 2012
G. Rhys "Dangerous Lady" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Architecture 21005 : Fallingwater (Toy)
I'd seen these sets in the USA a year or so ago and was intrigued. As a child (I'm nearly 60), I'd played with Mini Bricks (Brix) which had belonged to my mother. I liked the fact that they were realistic (a russet red brick colour) and had Blueprints to build a variety of types of buildings. I had enough bricks (and windows and balconies, etc) to build Buckingham Palace. Building with Mini Bricks was my absolute favourite way of spending time. Constructing buildings was all I wanted to do. Should have become an architect! I never owed Lego thinking their bright colours were very childish. So for me, Lego architecture was about re-living my childhood. I wish they sold them on their own so I could build what I wanted!!! Didn't take me long to realise I needed to order the pieces in some way and then I got going. the instruction book is very smart (adult!) and following it is easy.

It did take some time and I did it all in one sitting - with hindsight I should have built the base and left the "house" for another time. Hey ho! Bizarrely I plan to take it down and rebuilt it again either at Christmas or on a wet miserable winter weekend. But as someone else has said, I need to get a separator as these small pieces don't do anything for teeth or nails!!!!!

Buy and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Long wanted, 7 Mar 2014
Mr. S. Briggs (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Architecture 21005 : Fallingwater (Toy)
A great Lego Architecture set, loads of pieces, plenty of time to build, all fits well together.

Definitely worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but attractive, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: LEGO Architecture 21005 : Fallingwater (Toy)
More to this than you think. Get one and try this medium sized build out for yourself. Great fun as always

5.0 out of 5 stars My son just love it, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: LEGO Architecture 21005 : Fallingwater (Toy)
When my son asked me for this gift I thought wasn't be a choice, however he is playing everyday and enjoying the most

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: LEGO Architecture 21005 : Fallingwater (Toy)
My wife's a big lego fan and she absolutely loves this and is really impressed with the finished article.
Expensive for what it is but she loves it so what can I say lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and highly recommended, 9 April 2013
This review is from: LEGO Architecture 21005 : Fallingwater (Toy)
When completed, it's actually much smaller than I've expected it to be but I am very happy with it overall. This particular set of Lego has awesome details, interactive parts which can be pulled out and it is great as a display. I enjoyed building the Fallingwater a lot and would recommend it to anyone who love Lego and are also into architecture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Sep 2014