on 5 October 2014
This is my 17th Lego Architecture set, discontinued and getting harder to find! This one is also increasing in value so get this at a reasonable price while you can.
My determination to own the whole range is almost there with just 3 more models to collect...
On with this wonderful creation, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum is a delight to build and took around 45 minutes in between reading the facts about the building and admiring yet another great design from the greatest architect of the 20th century - Frank Lloyd Wright.
The model is a nice size, and the use of rounded bricks and plates gives the building a brilliant finish. The backdrop building although easy to complete, makes the model so similar to the real thing.
The box and instruction booklet are box the usual great quality from Lego, love the facts about the building and the step by step instructions to build it.
This look great along with all my other completed models.
Well done to the Lego designer, Adam Reed Tucker, yet another superb design using conventional Lego bricks
on 8 January 2013
Bought this for our 29 year old son for Christmas and he loved it. Great novelty item, which he enjoyed putting together as a reminder of childhood days, but also is a great gift to keep as the design of this iconic building is so appealing.
on 2 August 2013
Bought for someone interested in Architecture. They were delighted with this unusual gift. Perhaps will take a look at others in series.
on 15 December 2011
I bought this for my father in law who loves architecture. It is great but it isn't really a toy.
on 12 October 2011
Well we were all absolutely disappointed at this model. It is so small and for the price is such poor value. Bought for my grandson I thought it would go with the White House model and be about that size, so when the package was opened and out popped a miniature model I wondered what I had paid my hard earned pension for!!! My grandson completed the model in a few minutes - he is 10 years old. It wasn't difficult or challenging and as far as we can see will have little or no play value as it doesn't fit to scale with other buildings that are available. I don't consider it worth the money but I suppose it has a charm as a "looker" that is all. As my family have played with Lego for over 40 years and it has always been a staunch favorite with us I think Lego should get their act together on these Architecture models and give better value for money and stop ripping us off. At least many of their other models are inter-compatible with others, but these ones are "show-off" types not really intended for the age groups they are quoted as serving, rather models to sit upon a tired architect's office table to enhance their day with thoughts of far off projects they wish they had invented.
on 11 January 2014
I bought this for a friend who assembled it with his daughter over Christmas. I don't think it is particularly challenging, but a great item to have as part of a Lego Architectural collection.
on 27 April 2014
My son requested this and built it very quickly
However he has left it on disply on his shelf rather than being inspired to build his own things
on 28 January 2014
As ever with a Lego product this is high in quality with no missing/bent peices. My son (12) loved it
on 8 September 2014