Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 December 2013
I wanted to know what songs were on this CD , before buying but for those who want to know here they are ;

1.Let's Groove
14.Shining Star
15.Serpentine Fire
16.That's the way of the World
17.Reason's
I do not remember all the titles but when I hear the song's it all come's back ,Brilliant.
on 6 March 2013
We rated this item five stars because the songs in this collection were very well chosen!
Furthermore the sound quality is very good indeed!
We loved more than 95% of the selection!
The cover artwork was very well designed!
We recommend this product because this collection spanned Earth Wind and Fire's work from end to end!
The sound was very well equalized and solid! You can hear it even in the early hours with the same quality as if you were listening to it at higher volume selection! Really impressive!
Hats off to Sony Music UK for this well-engineered product from conception to the final product on the market!
All the Best to You!
Warmest regards,
Eliezer, Elizeu and Maria da Conceicao, Brazil.
on 24 June 2012
Although I grew up in the era when Earth, Wind and Fire were around, I never listened to their music at that time as my interest had only been with jazz. Curiously enough, despite being familiar with some of these tracks but not realising who was playing them, I became curious after hearing some of this music on Jazz FM. With the passage of time, the music sounds divorced from what passes for pop these days and the combination of some terrific grooves and punchy brass arrangements makes it understandable why this band enjoys a good reputation amongst some jazz fans. I can't understand how anyone cannot find a track like "Serpentine Fire" to be anything other than brilliant and there are plenty of other tracks which I think are of a similar high standard.

The writing and performances all demonstrate a high level of musicianship and, unlike most compilations, there aren't too many tracks that I would consider to be fillers. Nice to see some of the horn players allowed to solo too. Numbers like "After the love have gone" are now starting to be covered my jazz artists like Kurt Ellling and anyone who is familiar with the work of Medeski, Martin & Wood will appreciate the funkiness of these tracks. My only grumble is the lack of information about the musicians in the liner notes. All in all, this is hugely enjoyable and a nice contrast to some of the more "heavy" records that I have in my collection. A good price and quick delivery too.
on 5 July 2011
Wow what a superb compilation. It ticked all the right boxes for me and bought back some very fond memories of School Discos. Brillantly put together and have been playing it to death. Has wetted my appietite for seeking out some more Funk and Disco albums. A must have for all EWF Fans.
on 9 September 2013
Brilliant CD .....if you like 80 's music you' ll love this. You can be anywhere you like this this album... I know exactly where I was!! It's well worth the small amount of money in my opinion ....
on 26 September 2010
brilliant to be able to listen to all the old'uns again, as this time around you actually listen to the lyrics ---as well as sing along. I highly recommend this CD.
on 8 March 2014
jUST LOVED THIS cd

Just loved this CD, as a teenager in the 70s, it brought back so many memories, I smiles all day, good value for money.
on 24 March 2014
The greatest hits. Great listening, difficult to choose a favourite track. I love to play it in my car, windows down, volume up. Go girl go! This is my current favourite. Just wish I could have seen them live during their recent visit to these shores.
on 25 August 2013
If you're into Earth Wind and Fire, you'll love this album. There music is timeless, very well written, and beautifully produced. The brass just completes this musical treat. Brilliant!
on 29 August 2014
Bought this for my boyfriend for his birthday. he had been searching for it for sometime, Amazon came to the rescue.
Brilliant service, brilliant gift, brilliant oldie!