TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 August 2010
It's been about a decade since I last remember eating a bowl of these things and I always wondered why they'd gone. Someone told me because of the huge amount of sugar in it but I always thought if you were sensible about it then it wouldn't be a problem. I mean, I'm a normal weight adult male who enjoys a sweet cereal as opposed to Quaker Oats or whatever the hell we're supposed to be eating, so why shouldn't I be able to have Lucky Charms? Damn eejits overdoing it and getting diabetes!

Well anyway, they are available now via Amazon's new grocery service, though you've got to pay 3 or 4 times the box price in the US for the privilege!

When I opened up the box the toasted oats looked a bit paler than I remembered but when I took that first bite? Ahhhhhhh. Oh yeah. That's what they tasted like. Amazing! Red hearts, yellow moons, blue somethings, rainbows... except it's changed a bit. They are hearts, moons, horseshoes, and something unidentifiable but round. Still tastes the same as the marshmallow pieces I remembered though. Also it doesn't say it in the product description but the marshmallows have a "swirl" design due to a promotional campaign General Mills are doing involving Lucky teleporting about the place or something.

Obviously it's not healthy for you or your kids but take the suggestive servings and you'll be fine. Anyway, the best cereal in the world is available in the UK again after too long and it's as great as it ever was!
on 24 August 2011
AAAAAWWWWWWHHHHHH HELLS YEAH!!!!!
Even though the previous statement conveys all of my thoughts and feelings about this product, Amazon requires a slightly lengthier review of a minimum of 20 words so I shall continue to review this product in a more respectable....
OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM LUCK CHARMS ARE THE BUSINESS!!!!
on 4 November 2013
Purchased as an add-on product and benefited from free shipping by Amazon.

If your children (and mine are now older teenagers) had a taste of these from their holidays in the United States, and enjoyed them, this is one of the cheapest ways of buying them in the UK.

Product supplied had a long "use by" date and received in perfect condition.
on 19 August 2010
Much like the previous reviewer i remember having these a long time ago as a kid. Wondered where on earth they went, almost impossible to find in the UK, so i was overjoyed to find them available on Amazon. Yes, the price is high, as is the sugar content, but it is totally worth it to start the day with the best cereal i can ever remember having.
on 5 December 2012
My order for a box of this guiltily delicious cereal was fulfilled by South African Foods (who I cannot praise more for the efficient posting and secure packaging) and it is a far more reasonable price than many other online retailers who offer Lucky Charms.

I (and my sister, for whom this is a Christmas present) remember this cereal from our childhood and we both miss it immensely. There is just something about the taste that has never been replicated. The reasons for which the cereal was withdrawn from the UK market are the subject of urban legend (too much sugar/additives anyone?) but whatever the explanation for the decision to no longer sell them in the UK, I am just thankful that they are still produced and I can still manage to get my hands on a box!

If you've never had a bowl of Lucky Charms, then it is hard to describe the saccharine sweetness mixed with the oatiness of the wholegrain hoops. For some, the taste is too sweet but for me (...and my sister) it is just perfect; especially with the memories it brings back of childhood weekends spent chomping down on boxes of it.

Thank you to General Mills for this guilt inducing (but definitely worth it) cereal and thank you to South African Foods for your prompt delivery. I have ordered from yourselves before (again, another box of LC) and never have any doubts about the quality of your service.
on 15 March 2011
My son had this cereal in the USA..he loved it but we couldn't get it in the shops in England..so I spotted it on Amazon..The delivery was swift and the box was in perfect order and the cereal..well you will have to ask my son who has eaten it all already. By the way he is 17!!!!
on 3 October 2010
I was in love with these cereals when I was a kid and was devastated when they stopped selling them in the UK (I was sooo tempted to fly to America just to buy a suitcase full) but when I discovered they were back in the UK (although at a bit of a cost...) I had to buy them. Im so glad I did! I felt like a big kid eating them haha. As other reviewers have mention, they certainly arent the healthiest cereal around but they are too tasty not to indulge in now and again
on 29 August 2015
My boyfriend is cereal obsessed so these were a must. I hated them as a child, but love them now. Really big boxes so the price is very reasonable and similar to what we pay in supermarkets. Have already ordered again
on 29 September 2011
lucky charms is the best cereal that i have tasted in my whole life. I had never tasted them and i bought it to try them i just loved them if you are woundering if you should buy it or not just do it you will love it
on 2 November 2011
I ordered these just three days ago and received them today, so I'm well impressed with the speed of the delivery, especially as they are imported.

Yes, they are a little costly, but once you taste them, you know that they are worth every penny.

I'd definitely recommend them!