5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my fish
I highly recommend this product. A couple of months ago I had a catastrophic filter failure and effectively had to restart the cycle in my tank, but this time with 16 residents.

Published 11 months ago by Podlet

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work.
Meh, bit of a long shot, I had heard these were a bit hit and miss but I was bored waiting for the tank to cycle and thght I could speed things up with this. Made no measurable difference whatsoever.
Published 1 month ago by L. Fee

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my fish, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tetra Safe Start Water Conditioner, 250 ml (Misc.)

Ammonia levels soared, despite trying nearly every bacteria aid product out there, and this continued for 2 months (lots of pwc, more chemicals that I care for). 2 weeks after starting with Tetra Safe Start I have my weekly average ammonia level down from 35ppm to 0ppm and no more nasty chemical additives.

Fantastic - a total must for new or uncycled tanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cycling a new tank, 24 Feb 2013
G. Carey "George C" (Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra Safe Start Water Conditioner, 250 ml (Misc.)
I started a new tank with a few hardy fish. After six weeks there was still nitrite at unacceptable levels. I use Safe Start and 24 hours later nitrite was at zero.
I have occasionally had a small nitrite spike after changing filters and a small dose of Safe Start has rapidly reduced the nitrite to zero.

5.0 out of 5 stars all ways use, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tetra Safe Start Water Conditioner, 250 ml (Misc.)
I always use this product when I do a water change never had a problem so that I can keep my fish safe in quality water and thoroughly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars water safe, 25 Oct 2013
as an essential item you really need to buy a good product water safe is such a product do not buy the cheeper brands

5.0 out of 5 stars tap safe, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Tetra Safe Start Water Conditioner, 250 ml (Misc.)
what can i say it dose just what it says the water is safe for the fish straight away thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, 27 Jun 2013
Used to speed up aquarium cycling by keeping fish safe from harmful ammonia and nitrates and to recover aquarium from mini cycle following ammonia spike, kept fish happy and safe. Can also be used as part of regular maintenance but not necessary once tank is properly cycled.

Note, to use this properly for introducing fish to a new tank then you must add the safe start and leave the tank for 7-10 days to allow the natural friendly bacteria time to grow. The more you stock your tank, the slower the cycle process will take, and the more of this you will need. But it will get you there eventually!

And do not worry about high ammonia readings when using, this is to be expected and the ammonia is neutralised by this product. Just do not let it get above 4ppm. If ammonia levels rocket, use a little more safe start, a drop of Prime or Tetra Ammonia Safe to reduce and keep fish healthy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly effective!, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tetra Safe Start Water Conditioner, 250 ml (Misc.)
Having just started up 2 tropical aquariums I was on the search for a product that made a difference to the inevitable spikes of ammonia and nitrite on a newly set up tank.
I had spent around £30 on different products trying to make sure things went as smoothly as possible to no avail.
After purchasing Tetra Safe Start within 1 day, ammonia and nitrite levels were at 0 ppm and have stayed there since I used the product over a week ago.
I have 3 fish in one tank and 4 in another. Everything is going very well so far, after having a few deaths previous to using Safe Start. Would very highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Tetra Safe Start Water Conditioner, 250 ml (Misc.)
This product was recommended on a tropical fish breeding website. According to them, it prevents many common ailments in tropical fish. I have been using the product for over a year now and have not lost any fish due to water changes, filter cleaning or related tasks. It's really brilliant value for the price as replacing fish can be very costly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ammonia crisis, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tetra Safe Start Water Conditioner, 250 ml (Misc.)
I became aware of this product through an online forum. I have a tropical fish tank and although the tank appeared to have cycled several weeks previously I suddenly had a large ammonia spike. The tank is only 45 litres but I used the entire bottle over a period of 2/3 weeks, adding more with each partial water change. The ammonia levels dropped after this time. This product is great for people like me who have an established tank and are having "water issues" or for those who are just setting up. Tetra recommends cycling a tank using Safe Start with only a few fish to begin with but as I have only 6, it was the ideal product. Note; I had fish and ammonia before I used Safe Start - the bacteria in the bottle need something to feed upon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Tetra Safe Start Water Conditioner, 250 ml (Misc.)
This product is amazing. I bought a fluval edge set it up let it run for a week. I then bought 2 guppies put them in with the correct amount of safe start and tested my water every day. Within 3 days I had a nitrate reading, I continued to test the water every day for 6 weeks and the readings were the same for the whole 6 weeks 10-20 nitrate 0 nitrite 0 ammonia. In fact I've never had nitrite or ammonia. I can honestly say this product cycled my tank in 3 days. AMAZING.

Tetra Safe Start Water Conditioner, 250 ml