on 5 December 2012
This is a staple for for my tropical fish setup. Assuming you are feeding your fish correctly, then not too much waste will make it to the bottom of the tank for the bottom feeders. Personally I love the bottom feeding catfish and loaches so these tablets have become part of the daily feeding routine for the fish. You can get cheaper alternatives - I find that they tend to cloud the water and the fish aren't quite so keen to hoover them up. So from a good quality fish food brand I would highly recommend these.
VINE VOICEon 28 October 2013
Although they are supposedly designed for bottom feeders, all my fish seem to relish this food. I bought these initially for the benefit of my loaches and small catfish. The smell of it must be extra attractive, and entices the top feeders to venture down to the bottom of the tank. As a result of this, I vary my feeding regime by giving these every 2-3 days. The fish seem to be extra interested in this food, so I am wondering what is enticing about it. I like the fact that this is a large supply, and proves inexpensive. I would recommend this very much, particularly to add variety to feeding other flake products.
on 18 January 2013
These tablets are designed for bottom feeders but all my fish love them. They make a really good alternative to the normal flake food that I use.
on 8 January 2014
i do agree my cory's and other midwater fish do eatpick at them, but after a few mins
a cloud of white bits starts to circulate around the tank, the filter can be seen sucking
them in, but with slow release tabs there is a lengthy supply. it is a shame as
it is very noticable and spoils the otherwisw crystal clear water
, i'm going to try Tetra Pleco Multi Wafers someone else on these
reviews mentioned.
on 6 July 2014
These tablets are the best on the market in my opinion. All my fish, from surface feeders to catfish love them. There is no problem with making the water cloudy, because as soon a I put them in the tank all the fish make a dive for them. I use them on a daily basis and whilst I have tried other brands none compare with these. Even my 4 dogs love them and gather round the tank when I am feeding my fish.
on 20 May 2013
I brought this as it seemed good value

Not overly keen on using it as just 3 little tablets in a 4ft fish tank makes the water go all murky and I have crystal clear water generally and a massive over sized external filter.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 November 2013
Used for many years and my catfish devour the food overnight. Other food is used during the day. Price is OK.
on 11 September 2013
I initially thought the fish loved them because they didn't last long, but unlike the 'longer-lasting' Tetra Pleco Multi Wafers, these mini tabs appear to dissolve before the fish know they're there.
on 7 September 2015
This is especially good for my bottom feeders, but quite honestly, they have a hard time getting to it, because all my fish love it. Would highly recommend this fish food.
on 2 April 2014
Use these all the time for the bottom feeding fish. Keep them away from big goldfish thought as they swallow them whole!