5.0 out of 5 stars Great Car USB
I purchased this USB adapter after breaking my sat nav car recharger. In my opinion, this is a really good product and seems well made which is impressive considering the price. THis also fits in the cigarette adapter without removing it each time (so i can still close the cover with it in). I recommend this product for others.
Published on 29 Dec. 2010 by luke

1.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for
Published on 29 Dec. 2010 by mkbmans

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Car USB, 29 Dec. 2010
This review is from: LUPO USB 'Bullit' Car Charger for iPhone 3G/3GS/4 iPod Touch Nano Classic Shuffle - BLACK (Electronics)

1.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, 29 Dec. 2010
I have to admit that I was very impressed when this little gadget arrived within 48 hours of purchase, especially as the majority of the UK had been brought to a standstill with snow. I was even more impressed when it only took 40 mins to put a full charge in my iphone. However I'm very much less impressed that it stopped working 28 days after purchase and after approx 4 uses. The old adage "you get what you pay for" springs to mind............................

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking charge... lol, 2 Aug. 2011
Well well well. This is amazing for its price. It charges - which is what it was meant to do, so I haven't a single bad thing to say about it. Excellent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets hot, 1 Sept. 2011
Does the job but it's quite worrying just how hot this little unit can get. So far so good though but I'm half-expecting a fuse to blow before long.

1.0 out of 5 stars not fit for purpose, 6 July 2011
Tried this product just once in my car while driving and after 15 minutes all you could smell was plastic burning...unplugged it only to find it was extremely hot to touch and smelled of electronic burn...not satisfied in using this again don't want to damage my phone

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm not great, 4 July 2011
Though the item does charge my phone, it is fiddly, for example the two prongs on the gadget must be connected at a specific area within the cigarette lighter port. and the slightest movement will cease the charge, which means you need to be careful and gingerly attach you phone and usb to it. once hose problems have been sorted it does charge to full. however i bought cause cheap and you do get what you pay for, so if you dont mind a bit of fiddling buy this or else get a more robust model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 30 Sept. 2010
Small, compact and simple - does what it says on the tin - didnt want loads of cables in car and carry iphone charger with me anyway so its perfect - a bargain

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good., 26 Jan. 2014
Just plug in and away you go. Smart looking cigarette lighter attachment allows you to attach USB cable and provide power to you device. Red led is very bright and informs you of running power.

1.0 out of 5 stars an absolut desaster, 21 Oct. 2013
it never worked well, since the very beginning the contacts didn't work well, I had to move it constantly to make it work and when it did, the charging seemed to be so slow. for such a price I expected much more. I should have returned it straight away.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, not exactly as advertised, 5 Aug. 2013
Although the specs say 800mA, the unit I received says it only outputs 500mA. That's probably just about enough to charge your phone when it's not in use, but if you want to use this with your iPhone in sat nav mode (i.e. with Google Maps) you'll find that it's not capable of charging the phone, merely slowing the rate at which the battery runs down. Useful to an extent, but you still wouldn't have much of a chance of getting from, say London to Edinburgh using your phone as sat nav and still have any charge left at the end.
The tell-tale that this isn't quite up to scratch is to check a standard Apple mains adapter, which outputs 5V==1A. I'll keep this as it might come in handy one day, but I'll be looking for a 1A adapter for my car, too. The lack of power may explain why I and at least one other reviewer constantly get the 'Charging is not supported, etc.' error when using this adapter.