5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!
This item works fine for me!

Published on 31 Dec. 2012 by Mr JD

2.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Auto Switch To Source Device From Standby.
This item will be useful to people with only 1 port on their TV.
The picture quality through device OK.

Published on 3 Sept. 2011 by Chatbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, 31 Dec. 2012
This review is from: DIGIFLEX 3 Port HDMI 1080p Auto switch Splitter Hub Pigtail 1.3b (Electronics)
This item works fine for me!

I am using it for an Xbox 360 and an Apple TV unit. I'm connecting these two devices to the splitter using 1.5METER PRO GOLD RED (1.4a Version, 3D, 15.2Gbps) HDMI TO HDMI CABLE WITH ETHERNET,COMPATIBLE WITH 1.3c,1.3b,1.3,1080P%2160p,PS3,XBOX 360,SKYHD,VIRGIN BOX,FULL HD LCD,PLASMA & LED TV's AND ALSO SUPPORTS 3D TVS.. Some other HDMI cables I already had didn't allow the auto switching to work correctly. Guess they were missing some required connections?

As per the reason why you're probably reading this review, I too had run out of HDMI inputs to my TV, despite already having 3. I think before buying this product you need to understand how the devices that you are planning to connect to the splitter work, and appreciate the splitters design and inherent limitations, so in turn your expectations are set correctly.

The splitter will auto-sense and switch to the input device that is last powered on. You can always manually switch to any of the three inputs, using a small push button on the splitter itself. This simply cycles through each of the three inputs in turn. If however you are relying on the the splitter auto-switching to the correct input when you turn each respective device on and off, then you must be sure that when you turn the device off (or put it into standby) then it switches off its HDMI output. The auto-sensing switching is all dependent on the splitter detecting the input signal, so if you turn off your device or put it into standby and it does not turn off the signal to its HDMI output, then the splitter has got no chance to determine that it needs to switch inputs. So in that case you would have to manually select the desired input using the button. Which to be honest, is still better than having to unplug and plug HDMI cables.

The splitter stuck very nicely to the rear of the TV using a self adhesive pad (not supplied), so it keeps the unit out of the way and everything nice and neat.

The item is a nice solid design, and works for me! It was delivered very quickly. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and very effective........, 29 Aug. 2012
IOWBOY - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a really great little gadget.

I recently purchased the Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher), and although I was pleased with it I think that this is superior.

I purchased this because the TV in our bedroom only has the one HDMI socket; up until recently this was no problem because I only needed the one for the SKY+ box, but I have just purchased a Blu Ray player Sony BDPS185B.CEK SMART internet enabled Blu-ray Player and thus needed a splitter.

I found this model on Amazon for just over £7.00, saw that it had positive reviews, and thought why not?!

I won't bother going into the technical details here (the Amazon product description is pretty thorough), suffice to say it works very well and I cannot notice any appreciable difference with the audio or visual quality when the signal is running through it or when it is going straight into the TV.

The great thing about this splitter is that it comes with the built in lead for the TV, thus saving the additional expense of a seperate lead.

I particularly like the auto feature, basically meaning which ever device is turned on is shown on the screen without the need to press the button on the splitter.

One slight negative for me are the lights on the splitter that indicate which socket is on; they are very bright red LEDs and can be a distraction when trying to watch the TV in the dark. This is only a small problem though, certainly not enough to detract from the purchase, I thought I'd just mention it.

Overall a great little product; although the newer models of TV can have multiple HDMI ports, more and more of the gadgets (games consoles, satellite receivers, audio equipment, BLU RAY and dvd players etc) require HDMI, so you can never have too many available ports!

2.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Auto Switch To Source Device From Standby., 3 Sept. 2011
This item will be useful to people with only 1 port on their TV.
The picture quality through device OK.

What you need to realise is the auto / intelligent function will only work, if the source device (sky box, DVD player etc) is either switched on/off or plugged in/out from the wall socket, or switched manually by the button on the Auto switch splitter.
Which defeats the object of having a so called Auto function.

E.G. When the 1st device is plugged in, it will switch to this.
When the 2nd device is plugged in, it will switch to this.
When the 3rd device is plugged in, it will switch to this.

If you want to go back to the 1st device, you will need to use the selector button on the switch or unplug or switch off the 2nd & 3rd devices from the wall socket.
You will NOT be able to go to 1st device by simply putting the 2nd & 3rd devices into standby.

The so called Auto switch will not switch to the source device from standby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's use the HDMI cables and split!, 6 April 2011
S. Linter - See all my reviews
This is a simple review. I bought this product because I was forever taking the HDMI cable out of the back of my blu-ray player and then into my PC then into my blu-ray player then into... get the picture? So, this device nicely plugs into my TV and now I can use 3 devices, letting it detect which one I am using. Simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 19 Jun. 2013
It works fine, no problems and I can now connect more hdmi equipment to my tv which only has 1 hdmi input.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Port Hdmi Auto Switch Splitter, 27 Nov. 2011
My Panasonic TV has only 1 HDMI Socket.
I have 2 devices, a Humax Freeview recorder and a Panasonic Blu Ray Dvd, both on Standby.
When my Freeview recorder is swithed on, this clever device detects it, and allows it to play through my Tv.
When switched back to standby, and my Blu Ray switched on, this clever intelligent device detects it and
automatically switches over to allow my Blu Ray player to be viewed, a brilliant simple device with gold Hdmi
connections.

5.0 out of 5 stars Switches well. Signal seems fine., 21 Aug. 2012
M. D. Saunderson "Dorsai." (UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I have DVD player, A Blu-ray player (faulty- will not play DVD's, hence a separate DVD player), and a HDD TV-recorder, and only one HDMI port on my TV.

This solves the problem perfectly, all three plug into this, and onto one cable, into my TV.

I can not watch 3 different things at the same time on one TV so why have 3 HDMI cable into it?
This unit will select the player that is on and playing, and send that signal to the tv ALMOST without fail.

The "Almost" is because if/when my digital TV HDD recorder starts to record a program it will steal the HDMI signal from my DVD or Blu-Ray (if on), and give a blank screen as the HDD recorder is in standby and recording.
Not this switch's fault exactly, as it detected the HDD recorder coming on-line when the recorder should not be sending a "I am on-line" signal when it is on standby and starting to record.
I just press the "select device button" on it, and switch back to what I was using.

For the price it is excellent value, and I am very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 port HDMI splitter works perfectly, 16 July 2012
Having read some variable reviews before buying this I was a bit wary but as it wasn't expensive thought I'd give it a go anyway. Some reviewers seemed to have had problems switching between connected appliances, having to switch some off completely before this would work making it not a true splitter. However that has not been my experience. We have 2 appliances connected through it, a cable box and Apple TV and switching between the 2 is an easy press of the selection button on the splitter. There is no need to turn either appliance off, it just interchangees between them with them both being switched on without a problem. The cable is a good length as well and easily sits on the TV stand behind the TV. My only bugbear is that the price seems to go up and down regularly and I unwittingly bought it when it was 'up' but that's a problem with the seller not the device and we are only talking about a couple of £'s so just a small irritation.

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI splitter, 21 Oct. 2012
Delivery very quick. Brilliant item for the price, used on Samsung TV, no handshake problem, even works with xbox which can be a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I had hoped. In fact spot on, 19 April 2012
Mr Stokey (Basingstoke, UK) - See all my reviews
I have a 6yr, but good quality Sansung 42" TV with only one HDMI input. This device saves the day! After reading some reviews I knew that it would provide the physical 2 into one connection I needed (in my case Sky HD box, and Denon DVD player) but I expected to have to manually select with the button on the unit, as both my HD box and Denon go to Standby, not Off. The Splitter has up to 3 inputs. I am using inputs 1 and 2. It was a pleasant surprise to find that Auto Select works. According to the supplier's leaflet this isnt guaranteed. However, I turn the Sky to standby, and turn on the Denon, and back again - it works every time. No more sliding 40kg of Plazma across the carpet. Enough said. Love it!