5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!
This item works fine for me!

Published on 31 Dec. 2012 by Mr JD

2.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Auto Switch To Source Device From Standby.
This item will be useful to people with only 1 port on their TV.
The picture quality through device OK.

Published on 3 Sept. 2011 by Chatbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, 31 Dec. 2012
This review is from: DIGIFLEX 3 Port HDMI 1080p Auto switch Splitter Hub Pigtail 1.3b (Electronics)
This item works fine for me!

I am using it for an Xbox 360 and an Apple TV unit. I'm connecting these two devices to the splitter using 1.5METER PRO GOLD RED (1.4a Version, 3D, 15.2Gbps) HDMI TO HDMI CABLE WITH ETHERNET,COMPATIBLE WITH 1.3c,1.3b,1.3,1080P%2160p,PS3,XBOX 360,SKYHD,VIRGIN BOX,FULL HD LCD,PLASMA & LED TV's AND ALSO SUPPORTS 3D TVS.. Some other HDMI cables I already had didn't allow the auto switching to work correctly. Guess they were missing some required connections?

As per the reason why you're probably reading this review, I too had run out of HDMI inputs to my TV, despite already having 3. I think before buying this product you need to understand how the devices that you are planning to connect to the splitter work, and appreciate the splitters design and inherent limitations, so in turn your expectations are set correctly.

The splitter will auto-sense and switch to the input device that is last powered on. You can always manually switch to any of the three inputs, using a small push button on the splitter itself. This simply cycles through each of the three inputs in turn. If however you are relying on the the splitter auto-switching to the correct input when you turn each respective device on and off, then you must be sure that when you turn the device off (or put it into standby) then it switches off its HDMI output. The auto-sensing switching is all dependent on the splitter detecting the input signal, so if you turn off your device or put it into standby and it does not turn off the signal to its HDMI output, then the splitter has got no chance to determine that it needs to switch inputs. So in that case you would have to manually select the desired input using the button. Which to be honest, is still better than having to unplug and plug HDMI cables.

The splitter stuck very nicely to the rear of the TV using a self adhesive pad (not supplied), so it keeps the unit out of the way and everything nice and neat.

The item is a nice solid design, and works for me! It was delivered very quickly. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and very effective........, 29 Aug. 2012
IOWBOY - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a really great little gadget.

I recently purchased the Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher), and although I was pleased with it I think that this is superior.

I purchased this because the TV in our bedroom only has the one HDMI socket; up until recently this was no problem because I only needed the one for the SKY+ box, but I have just purchased a Blu Ray player Sony BDPS185B.CEK SMART internet enabled Blu-ray Player and thus needed a splitter.

I found this model on Amazon for just over £7.00, saw that it had positive reviews, and thought why not?!

I won't bother going into the technical details here (the Amazon product description is pretty thorough), suffice to say it works very well and I cannot notice any appreciable difference with the audio or visual quality when the signal is running through it or when it is going straight into the TV.

The great thing about this splitter is that it comes with the built in lead for the TV, thus saving the additional expense of a seperate lead.

I particularly like the auto feature, basically meaning which ever device is turned on is shown on the screen without the need to press the button on the splitter.

One slight negative for me are the lights on the splitter that indicate which socket is on; they are very bright red LEDs and can be a distraction when trying to watch the TV in the dark. This is only a small problem though, certainly not enough to detract from the purchase, I thought I'd just mention it.

Overall a great little product; although the newer models of TV can have multiple HDMI ports, more and more of the gadgets (games consoles, satellite receivers, audio equipment, BLU RAY and dvd players etc) require HDMI, so you can never have too many available ports!

2.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Auto Switch To Source Device From Standby., 3 Sept. 2011
This item will be useful to people with only 1 port on their TV.
The picture quality through device OK.

What you need to realise is the auto / intelligent function will only work, if the source device (sky box, DVD player etc) is either switched on/off or plugged in/out from the wall socket, or switched manually by the button on the Auto switch splitter.
Which defeats the object of having a so called Auto function.

E.G. When the 1st device is plugged in, it will switch to this.
When the 2nd device is plugged in, it will switch to this.
When the 3rd device is plugged in, it will switch to this.

If you want to go back to the 1st device, you will need to use the selector button on the switch or unplug or switch off the 2nd & 3rd devices from the wall socket.
You will NOT be able to go to 1st device by simply putting the 2nd & 3rd devices into standby.

The so called Auto switch will not switch to the source device from standby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's use the HDMI cables and split!, 6 April 2011
S. Linter - See all my reviews
This is a simple review. I bought this product because I was forever taking the HDMI cable out of the back of my blu-ray player and then into my PC then into my blu-ray player then into... get the picture? So, this device nicely plugs into my TV and now I can use 3 devices, letting it detect which one I am using. Simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 19 Jun. 2013
It works fine, no problems and I can now connect more hdmi equipment to my tv which only has 1 hdmi input.

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI splitter, 21 Oct. 2012
Delivery very quick. Brilliant item for the price, used on Samsung TV, no handshake problem, even works with xbox which can be a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Port Hdmi Auto Switch Splitter, 27 Nov. 2011
My Panasonic TV has only 1 HDMI Socket.
I have 2 devices, a Humax Freeview recorder and a Panasonic Blu Ray Dvd, both on Standby.
When my Freeview recorder is swithed on, this clever device detects it, and allows it to play through my Tv.
When switched back to standby, and my Blu Ray switched on, this clever intelligent device detects it and
automatically switches over to allow my Blu Ray player to be viewed, a brilliant simple device with gold Hdmi
connections.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 10 April 2013
Before I had this it was a pain to keep changing HDMI devices on my one port TV. This works well with the auto select function built in. Really pleased with it and you don't need to buy an extra cable!

5.0 out of 5 stars All good, 20 Jun. 2014
tallpete33 (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
When selecting a splitter I looked at this item and the three way boxy affair but chose this as no extra HDMI cable was required and it is more practical and tidy to have the ports lined up next to each other. Anyway, installation was simple and it works beautifully with my PS3, PS4 and Google Chromecast. Powering off one and powering on the other switches seamlessly between devices but there is a manual button also. I'd recommend self-adhesive cable clips to keep things neat at the back of your TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant, 20 April 2013
Very impressed by this straight forward device . Their is a small button on it so that you can switch between each conection.
Very good