5.0 out of 5 stars The Uprising - A Gripping Read
Published on 27 Jan 2011 by jenk1947

3.0 out of 5 stars First of all.. ignore the reviews in the product description...
..... seriously? Endorsement from Closer magazine??!!!.... in fact none of the reviews in the product description box would do anything but dilute/devalue Mr. Mariani's brand value.

What said... it's actually a good book/series, (although it's miles away from 5 stars, which is a "change your life and read again and again marking").

It's great to...
Published on 5 Nov 2011 by A. G. Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars The Uprising - A Gripping Read, 27 Jan 2011
jenk1947 (Mablethorpe, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uprising (Kindle Edition)
I loaded this book some time ago. It was free so I got it. When I started reading it I was disappointed to find it was a vampire story. This is not really my scene and I cannot quite understand the current craze for this gendre. I almost deleted it but decided to read another page or two. I read some more, and as I read, the more I wanted to read. I have to say I rarely find a book 'unputdownable' but this book came close. It was a thrilling read from start to finish and as I got towards the last page, I was still chewing fingernails. I shall certainly read more of Mr Mariani. I suggest you try him too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vampires vs vampires, 20 Jan 2011
A C. Ridout (Telford, Shropshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uprising (Kindle Edition)
If you want a swoonsome male vampire with adoring female, then this book is not for you.

Downloaded this as a free Kindle book and am not disappointed. A good read, with pace and action. Vampires are very in and have been for the last few years BEFORE the soppy Twilight saga. This approaches the subject from a different angle, with a vampire society regulated by the Vampire Federation to keep a low profile. As in any group there are those who don't want to toe the line and have plans to return to the good old days.

Beware these vampires can go out in daylight!

I look forward to the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars They really do walk amongst us, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Uprising (Kindle Edition)
Uprising is a great concept novel, not only do Vampires exist but they have their own government (The Vampire Federation) whose Agents keep rogue Vampires in check and ensure that their existance remain a secret to us mere mortals! But not all those with sharpened fangs and a taste for blood like this way of life and an uprising by the Traditionalist (who want a return to the old ways) make for an enjoyable read. Personally if I was a vampire I'd back the trads - a Vampire Nanny state is just too much!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Underworld of titles, 29 Jun 2010
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
If you're after a new vampire title then this could be the one for you. It's got action, it's a thriller and theres a good dollop of mystery. Add to the mix that its action all the way and it could be a title to hit that itch that's been there since you've wanted more hardcore Underworld action than Twilight angst.

Add to the mix a pretty good pace, some reasonable dialogue and enough weaponry to make even the most hardcore fan drool and this is definitely a title that will impress. I had fun and with something pretty easy to pick up for reading pleasure will be one for readers looking to introduce an action fan to the genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over twilight, 10 July 2010
rhosymynydd "liz" (west wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Scott Mariani has decied to take on the vampires! I loved all his other books and this is no exception. Great story, plot keeps going throughout. New twist on fighting vampires but also good and bad vampires as in true blood and twilight. More true blood than Twilight type if you are into that sort of book. Do not miss out on this which I suspect will be the start of a series?? Uprising (Vampire Federation)

5.0 out of 5 stars A BOOK TO SINK YOUR TEETH INTO, 24 Jun 2010
Mrs. J. James - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this book, it definately looks at the whole vampire scene in a refreshing light.
It was brave of Scott Mariani to tackle the over worked subject ,yet he seems to pull it of and makes it believable,it would easily make enjoyable viewing beit on the big screan or a tv serial.
The Ben Hope books that Scott also wrote are brilliant in there own right,but i would say that this book is of equal quality, and im sure the whole series of bookS will develop even more .

GREAT READ
CHEERS SCOTT

5.0 out of 5 stars A new twist on vampires, 14 Mar 2013
KM Byrne (Huddersfield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uprising (Kindle Edition)
Instead of the usual horror or romance of the vampire genre, this is a heart pounding, page turning thriller of a book. It takes all your preconceptions and turns them on their head. No teenage angst or stereotypical villains just well drawn, mature characters who happen to be vampires. Recommended for those who have outgrown "Twilight", or those who enjoy good action thrillers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 22 Oct 2012
My husband recommended I buy this book as he reads other Scott Mariani books and this was an extract on the back. It was soooooooo good, really easy to read and such a novel twist on the usual vampire stories - I loved it it was fab!! I've already placed my order for the next book, I can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Uprising, 14 July 2012
L. W. Phillips "llinwyn" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This was a really good book, the story was gripping from the start, I love vampire books anyway but this author makes the vampires appear 'human',with compassion & feelings.The book was a really exciting one & if anyone likes adventure books & vampires then this is the one to get. It has a sequelThe Cross (Vampire Federation 2) , which is just as good & if you read one you must read the next one for the story to unfold properly in an exciting adventurous way. I highly recommend the both of them

4.0 out of 5 stars Mariani Hits the Heart of the Vampire Myth, 7 Mar 2012
Mr. J. R. S. Nicholson "BoomBoom" (Herne Bay Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uprising (Kindle Edition)
I have read Mariani's Ben Hope books and enjoyed them and on that basis gave this book a go.

Well, it is an addictive page turner of a book and reads like a modern Dracula in terms of some of the plot. That is in my opinion a very good thing. His characters are strong and make you want to learn more about them.

He manages to blend in the myth of the vampire with a real world setting and believable characters. My personal favourite is Dec, the son of a mechanic and a victim of circumstance. His main characters are great and both Joel and Alex are sure fire winners in my eyes.

If you like the vampire myth with a bit of a twist, then this book will not disappoint you.

There is one sequence in the book which invloves Joel and a bit of underwater rumbunction that might make you groan, but on the whole this is a riveting read.

Just starting the second book and WOW....

Uprising