5.0 out of 5 stars FIFA 11
I can't give an objective review of this item as it was a present to a grandson. However, his contentment with it is obvious
by his engrossment so I have to give it top marks. It was dispatched promptly.
Published 9 months ago by Rev

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, not price wise
I upgraded from FIFA 10 as the price of FIFA 11 has come down now. I've had this game for a week or so now and having played it, there are a number of improved areas, but more horrendous ideas have been put into this game. It's plays much like FIFA 10 but worse in my opinion due to a number of issues
First of all, this game is so cheap. I don't mean how much it is,...
Published on 19 Mar 2011 by whitestrat

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, not price wise, 19 Mar 2011
This review is from: FIFA 11 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
First of all, this game is so cheap. I don't mean how much it is, but in terms of playability. The ref penalises you for making the slightest contact with the ball carrier when tackling. You'd never think you were playing a contact sport. Yet, the computer is freely allowed to barge you over and off the ball resulting in nothing.

Secondly, tackling is ridiculous, it usually results in the ball flying off miles away or bouncing off you and your player tripping over the tackled player. It's so stupid sometimes.

Thirdly, they seem to have designed the game to try and get everyone doing the stupid tricks on the stick. You can no longer rely on a player's speed to burst round someone, the computer will keep up with you and tackle you. The tricks are fine for Ronaldo and a few others, but when league 1 players are doing maradona esq runs through your entire team, it's laughable. They seem to have focused on trying to get these tricks into the game a little too much. I'd rather play a pass and move game, which is much harder in this game than FIFA 10, due to the computer swamping you immediately if you have the ball. If they want to integrate these tricks, they should make them easy to do like Pro Evo, not random wiggles of the stick.

I have to also mention the passing is terrible, why did they have to mess with this? The passing was fine in FIFA 10.
The online mode is ok, the servers are usually stable and there are still a plethora of quitters. Graphics are nice, high profile players look a like, but not much effort has been put into the rest. The gameface is still trash, much like FIFA 10.

I was glad to see Ultimate Team is free this year, as I feel that everyone should have the option to use this feature with the price of the game.
Lastly, there has been no patch to compensate the January Transfers, which is either laziness or lack of care on EA's part. So if you want Torres at Chelsea, Suarez and Carroll at Liverpool etc, you'll have to do it yourself.

Overall, I'm fairly disappointed with FIFA 11 compared to FIFA 10, I hope this isn't a slippery slope downwards as FIFA 09 and FIFA 10 were so fluid and satisfying. This game just frustrates me with it's cheapness.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as much fun as FIFA 10, 8 Oct 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 11 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I was a huge fan of FIFA 10 and lost many hours playing. Got FIFA 11 on release day and I'm having real trouble enjoying it...believe me I'm trying because I was really looking forward to it.

So I've had it for a week now and I am coming to the conclusion that it's not the game for me. Why not?

The balance has been tipped in favour of defence. Playing as Man Utd with Rooney and Berbatov against Swedish team. The swedish defence were always more powerful than Rooney and Berbatov. They could not turn their defenders, they couldn't beat them in a race for a through ball.
Games descend into a mess. Just played as Spurs against West Ham and neither team could hold the ball in midfield - loads of misplaced passes, the ball bouncing around in an unrealistically overcrowded centre circle.
Pedantic refereeing that interrupts play constantly.
Through balls are always intercepted.
Passing system - I know that EA wanted to get away from ping pong passing but I have found that it feels like you are passing through treacle. It doesn't matter how long you hold A for, the passes only just make it and more often are intercepted.

Finally, after a wonderful FIFA 10, and a brilliant World Cup game in which I enjoyed some fantastic moments of attacking football and blistering goals, why have EA messed with the balance of the game. Dare I say it, but I'm actually considering getting PES 2011.

2.0 out of 5 stars Going backwards again, 28 Oct 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 11 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
It's not exactly brain surgery is it? FIFA 09 saw EA move in the right direction again after suffering a pummelling at the hands of PES for a few years. FIFA 10 was a tweaked improvement on that... and now this?

I heard an interview with the main guy from EA sports who stated it is very difficult to churn out 5 star games year in, year out. I agree with him, but you know when you're going in the right direction and also when you are going backwards.

First and foremost video games are about having fun. FIFA 11 delivers far more frustration than fun from what I have experienced. First off, there's the bugs. I have mostly experienced these in career mode. Sometimes a fixture is moved a day or two before it was originally scheduled in the calendar, you will still be prompted to play the game even though your updated calendar shows no fixtures for say 7 days. This leads to the game crashing. As does playing Aston Villa away in mid April apparently.

Secondly... Gameplay. Wow, where to start. Realistic? I think not! I like to have an attacking line up with plenty of pace (Lennon, Krasic, Agbonlahor & Lavezzi). In real matches these players can ghost centre halves and full backs with ease, however the bright sparks at EA have decided that whatever speedsters can do, big strapping muscle clad bruisers can do better. Yes you can get past them...eventually. Watching Aaron Lennon slowly getting the better of Ryan Nelsen in a foot race for a through ball whilst they appear to be involved in the worlds longest and slowest shoulder barge is frankly laughable. Assisted passing & crossing are a hinderance rather than assistance and the sluggish movement and slow reaction times are an annoyance given FIFA's previous two offerings.

Hang on, there's more. Fatigue/ energy is a factor in any sport and football is no different. Rooney, Torres, Tevez & Bale will occasionally need a breather after playing 10-15 games in a row given their energetic approach in real life matches. In FIFA 11 I am forced to have two backups for every position (apart from GK) as my players are too tired after two matches in a week. Diddums! Rooney can only play 1 in 3 games (providing my team is still vying for all 3 domestic cups and a EU cup) and after every match he plays I get an email from my coach saying that Rooney needs a rest. Now I have definitely seen him play 90 mins on a Saturday in the prem and then also a full game in the champs league the following Tuesday/Wednesday without any problems, and he then gives another 110% the following Saturday/Sunday. In FIFA 11 you need to give your (attacking) players a full 2-3 games rest after playing them for a full 90 in game minutes. It's ridiculous and far from realistic, and one of the main reasons I am going to return this game and go back to FIFA 09/10.

A few small plusses are the cracking soundtrack and more realistic transfer system including wages and transfer fees. Better fiscal rewards are dished out for meeting the board's season objectives. Shame they did away with the scouting system, bad move EA. The off pitch experience of FIFA 11 is pretty good, but that is not the important part. It's all about the gameplay, and having fun!

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Try.. but a very poor end result, 30 Dec 2010
This review is from: FIFA 11 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Having owned this game since its release I can definitely say that it is possibly the worst update of the series so far. Thats not to say that its worse than '97, but it definitely doesn't deliver on the upgrades to '10 that its tried to make. The main issue is the consistency of the game.
The passing has been developed from '10 so that the weight of the pass matter a lot more. This is a good step in the right direction, however the direction of the passing is absolutely terrible. Sometimes it will go where you aim, sometimes it will go to the nearest player to you direction, its very inconsistent. Probably about 30-40% of the time it won't go to the player that you intended it to; very frustrating.
The players in the season mode don't ever improve, I'm in my 4th season on manager mode and the young players just don't develop. The goal keepers are much better than previous games, much less scatty.
Penalties have been improved.
Handball is awful. You either have it on, and the ref blows up constantly; for example any blocks of the ball inevitably result in a free-kick/pen.. or turn it off and handballs aren't ever given (obviously).

All in all, for anyone who buys the game each year, i guarantee you will be disappointed. There are clearly a lot of ideas that EA want to introduce but they are far from in working order. I think I'm going to go back to Fifa '10...

2.0 out of 5 stars FIFA IS NOT FUN ANYMORE!!!!, 27 May 2011
This review is from: FIFA 11 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I've tried to give this game a chance but i just cant play it anymore. I have been playing Fifa games since early Playstation 2 titles but in the future i'm definitely moving to PES, I cant stand EA anymore. They've tried so hard to make this game realistic that they've made it incredibly frustrating and boring.

WHO CARES FOR GOOD GRAPHICS WHEN THERE IS POOR GAMEPLAY???

The passing - POOR
I dont even need to explain myself. Everyone that has played this will have problems trying to understand the concept of the passing system. So many times through - balls have just gone straight to defenders, or a pass has gone to the wrong player. Even when you hold down A for as long as you can, the ball only seems to just about get to the player intended. Its really hard to recreate smooth, one touch passing that we see from Arsenal every week. Its hard to dominate the centre of the midfield with solid passes out wide and through the middle of defence with a good CM, such as Steven Gerrard or Yaya Toure.

The shooting/goalkeeper skill - Very difficult
The shooting is probrably my biggest gripe with this and it makes me rage so much. 1 v 1 with the keepers are almost impossible everytime now. I've tried running at the keeper at different angles, lobbing, the 'fineese' (RB) side footed shot, and even a hard shot from around the penaly area. No luck, everything gets saved from Superhero goalkeepers or goes so wide you sit there and think "How the h*ll did that happen!?!?!" It's very frustrating when you dominate a game for it to finish 0-0.

Career mode - Apparently 'new' but just renamed from manager mode in Fifa 10
Very fixed. Hard to train your virtual pro up to a good standard and when you miss games because of a lack of fitness you cant play the game (you have to skip it) skipping it wouldn't be bad if it wasnt so biased. Very rarely do you win a skipped match.

Finally EA ripping everyone off with the online pass. Do not buy this game pre-owned otherwise you'll have to pay 800 points just to play online (DAYLIGHT ROBBERY), especially when you pay for Xbox live.

I wont be buying Fifa 12. PES 12 for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 10 July 2014
Good condition

4.0 out of 5 stars well well, 20 April 2014
This review is from: FIFA 11 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
fifa 10 decent game.. this expands on what fifa 10 had and it does it very well but still needs alot of work but a great game overall

4.0 out of 5 stars Man thing, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: FIFA 11 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Bought for my brother so can't really say very much about it other than I know he played it quite a bit so he must have liked it

5.0 out of 5 stars FIFA 11, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: FIFA 11 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
by his engrossment so I have to give it top marks. It was dispatched promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: FIFA 11 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
It keeps my son busy, when he is not running or out with his mates. It's great for those days when it is too wet to go outside.

FIFA 11 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 11 (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)