5.0 out of 5 stars Cateye wireless cycle computer
Great product and does exactly what it says. Relatively easy to fit but instructions could be clearer especially for fitting sensor to fork.
Published 21 months ago by JB

1.0 out of 5 stars Cateye Velo Wireless
Published 9 months ago by Mr. S. Derry

1.0 out of 5 stars Cateye Velo Wireless, 22 Sep 2013
Mr. S. Derry - See all my reviews
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Plus Wireless (Electronics)
I have purchased two of these units for my mountain bike although well made with a clear display and simple fitting and setup, both units have failed after approximately one year. The first one after a few months would blank out and loose all the data then sometimes would not pick up a signal from the fork mounted sensor. And now the second one has stopped picking up the signal followed by the screen dimming to going completely out within minutes. I have checked the battery and is fine, then put it back in the unit and is working again with a good display as if nothing had happened.

Firstly I would point out that battery replacement is very difficult the plastic cover is so tight the plastic slot chews up and gets deformed, even then the cover doesn't want to come off it requires a sharp edge to prise it off. The other problem I have discovered with these units they are very prone to interference using my Go Pro Hero 2 mounted next to it when filming it stops the signal from the sender and also my Magicshine light when below 75% gives inconsistent speed readings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cateye wireless cycle computer, 19 Oct 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars cateye wireless, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Plus Wireless (Misc.)
An excellent little device. Thought twice about buying it, but glad I did. Like the count down feature and miles covered. The only downside are the instructions - which are at best a joke. This is the first cycle computer I have had so had a bit of trouble initially setting it up, mainly because of the pages and pages of instructions in languages that I had never even heard of. I do not think it would be possible to write the instructions in a manner that would make them more unclear and unhelpful. The cateye website is also just as "pants" - email them for better instructions and got a totally unhelpful reply, shame cos the cycle computer is actually very good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not accurate, 16 May 2014
young man (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Plus Wireless (Electronics)
I have several bike computers , some quite a bit cheaper and some a little cheaper than this ( don't want to spend a fortune on them because I am a fair weather cyclist who cycles for fun, it's not life and death to me) and they all allow a more accurate set up with the correct circumference, this is a digit short so is not accurate and not particularly user friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cateye Velo Plus Wireless Computer Wireless Black, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Plus Wireless (Electronics)
Simple model. easy to set up. Distance, average speed, how fast etc. If you just want the basic's this is a very good model to go for, I like Cat Eye products this is my forth. Well made products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cateye Wireless Cycle Computer, 7 April 2013
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Plus Wireless (Electronics)
Keenly priced and a good clear display and is as advertised and has so far lived up to expectations would recomend

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 9 July 2014
excellent. highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic cycle computer., 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Plus Wireless (Electronics)
I already had one of these but needed a 2nd for a new bike. Easy to read display and in my opinion not over complicated with dozens of needless functions. The fact that it closes down after a period of inactivity is a useful extra.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, straight forward and works, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Plus Wireless (Electronics)
No dramas connecting, worked straight off and for a recreational commuter more than adequate for me. Worth the money in my view

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Plus Wireless (Electronics)
Good stuff.. I guess. Easy to use, good and clear instructions. Made me feel a little worse though because my old cycle computer used to tell me I was doing 60mph sometimes...