4.0 out of 5 stars Worry not....
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best...
Please look at all the attached photos before making any purchasing decision. (Something I didn't..)

Published 14 months ago by sean

4.0 out of 5 stars Worry not...., 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: OP/TECH Utility Strap Sling - Black (Electronics)
OK.. so like many I read around compared straps and then thought hang on.... £40 or more for a strap....really!!! Cutting a long story short I ordered this one. It arrived the next day and I set about fixing the two straps each side of my 7D with its big 400mm lens on.. so a lot of kit in terms of money and weight. I then I set about trying it out and 'my god.. its rubbish.. I should have listened to those reviewers' flooded through my head. I started to repack it to send it back. It was only then that I actually read the instructions. You only fit both connection straps to the camera if you have two mount points for them on the right side of your camera!!! If you fit one on the left and one on the right (like a normal OEM strap) then they will hinder your use of the camera controls and be uncomfortable.

Armed with this knowledge I set about installing it correctly... the slight change was to mount both on the same camera mount point on the right.... presto it works perfectly now and having two connections makes me feel a bit safer. That said having the camera fully loaded I did some stress testing (jumping up and down over the sofa cushions.. just in case) and the strap performed admirably no hint of weakness.

I have now used the strap a number of times and its brilliant.. easy to use at airshows and concerts. Much less hassle than a normal strap. Very comfortable. Build seems pretty good too.

So save yourself a£30 odd quid and buy one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera Sling-strap, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: OP/TECH Utility Strap Sling - Black (Electronics)
I did a fair amount of research before purchasing this item. I'm really pleased with it and it is very good value for money and is comfortable to use. It is well made and I believe I will have many years use of it. I also purchased the Op/tech SLR wrist strap and I can swap between the two as the occasion demands and it is very easy to unclip one and clip on the other.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: OP/TECH Utility Strap Sling - Black (Electronics)
Can't believe I've put up with a DSLR bouncing off my chest or sliding off my shoulder for so long when I could have had one of these. It is brilliant value compared with some of the more expensive and heavier alternatives. This is well made and more than capable of supporting my D7000 with heavy lens and Flash. I have found it preferable with two anchor points (strap comes supplied with two loop connectors) on the camera so I combined it with a 'Strap Buddy' connector which screws into the tripod fitting on the bottom of the camera. Perfect. I can troll around all day with no neck strain now and when I want to take a shot just slide the camera up the strap. I haven't found the strap obscuring the viewfinder a big problem, it's fairly easy to adapt your style and move it out of the way, which I now do automatically. This strap works brilliantly with the OP/TECH Wrist Strap as the two can be interchanged in seconds and if you buy both you'll have three loop connectors in total, enough to attach one to another camera and alternate wrist and shoulder straps between two cameras. You will not regret buying one or both of these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but one flaw...., 31 Aug 2011
Ebuyer "Ian B" (Pewsey. UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: OP/TECH Utility Strap Sling - Black (Electronics)
This is much better than the OEM Canon rubbish that came with my 550D. It feels much more natural to carry the camera by my side, and it doesn't stick out in front of my stomach like some kind of alien protrusion. I'm a little worried about the plastic buckles supporting £1k's worth of kit, but I guess it's been tested and everyone else on the forums say it's OK.
The big flaw for me is that the straps get in the way when shooting in portrait - it's not a big deal but with a bit of thought it could have been designed out.
It would also feel more natural to me for the camera to hang by my left side (I'm right handed) so I could reach across and grab the grip with my right hand. When it's hanging on your right, you have to almost reach backwards and take your eye off the subject. Might be just me though....

All in all, a good buy, and cheaper than the competition (though still a lot of money for a bit of webbing and a couple of buckles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: OP/TECH Utility Strap Sling - Black (Electronics)
I use this attached to the 'wrong' side and then the Matin Grip Pro is on the 'proper' side. Means my camera can hang out of the way and then I can swing it up and engage the Matin Pro to take photos. They work very well together as long as you use the 'wrong' side trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner, 4 Nov 2012
This review is from: OP/TECH Utility Strap Sling - Black (Electronics)
This one is a winner! For a fraction of the cost of the well-known alternative, this no-frills strap just works.

If the clips were arranged so that the strap had male clips on both ends and the shoulder pad two female ones, then it could be set up for left- or right-handed use.

I don't understand the purpose of the second sliding clip. You can't use it for a second device because the top one has to slide up first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lower cost alternative to the original R-Strap, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: OP/TECH Utility Strap Sling - Black (Electronics)
I've been using a home-made sling since first coming across the original R-strap many years back. Never want to use a neck strap again. The idea is great, but the original cost far too much back then.

Had previously owned and used traditional Op/Tech straps and when I saw their far more reasonable price of their sling, with other positive reviews, I bought one.

Glad I did. Very comfortable, and holds the weight of D300+grip+flash+medium zoom lens very comfortably over long periods

Being a portrait shooter I connected mine to the LEFT hand side of the body, contrary to the instructions. For me, a portrait shooter, this is far easier to use with a body+grip. There are no problems with the strap dangling between eyepiece and eye.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best..., 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: OP/TECH Utility Strap Sling - Black (Electronics)

The strap arrived on time and was attached to a second camera with the two straps. Wearing it was fine slung over my shoulder and I could lift the camera up quite easily. Trying to look through the view finder or at the screen is now obscured by the sling. (Check last photo)

My assumption to utilize this product without blocking the screen \ viewfinder is:

A. Only have one connecting strap connected to the sling? (All my lovely camera kit on a single strap with that plastic connector in the mix just doesn't sit quite right with me)

B. Purchase an EzFoto Rapid Mounting Plate. (as seen in the photos) This gives you the ability to have two strap mounts on the same side of the camera. The camera hangs in portrait allowing the cameras screen \ viewfinder not to be obscured. An additional item I feel I shouldn't have to purchase, that's if you can find one!

C. Use a battery grip as they should have the ability to put a strap through them.

I'm luck in I have option C.

If you go for option A. please check in the Frequently Bought Together area the 'OP/TECH Secure Its x4 System Connectors' These velcro straps sit around the plastic connector on the connecting strap and add that little bit more security.

Hope the review helps

Happy snapping.

5.0 out of 5 stars only downside, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: OP/TECH Utility Strap Sling - Black (Electronics)
Superb for what it does, you do have to trust the plastic clip not to fail, resulting in your £4000 camera and lens combo falling to the ground :) but that should never happen. The only downside would be when using your camera in the vertical "portrait" position....as the strap connection gets in the way, when trying to look through the viewfinder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 27 April 2013
Renee (Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OP/TECH Utility Strap Sling - Black (Electronics)
My strap arrived this morning, just in time to spend the day with my daughter at a castle and do some shooting.

I LOVE this shoulder strap. It is about 1000 times better than the generic, short, strap that came with my Nikon and cut a mark into my neck. This SO comfortable and easy to use.

Some people have commented that you can only hang the camera on the right side, and that turning the camera for portraits is awkward because the strap gets in the way. I didn't find this at all. I wore it on my left side, and mounted the strap to the left side of the camera. OK, so the adjustable stop wasn't of much use as it was at my front instead of my back/side, but not a problem. The camera naturally hung at the lowest point. The manufactures could easily make this reversible by adding a 2nd adjustable stop on the other side. That's all it would take.

I also ordered the extensions as I'm slightly round, and wasn't sure the standard strap would be long enough. But there was no need. Extended to its full length and it was perfect. Which may have made wearing it on the left easier, as it was fully extended.

This is the best thing I've bought for my camera in ages!

OP/TECH Utility Strap Sling - Black