5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Ordered this in order to be able to take hot food to work, and it does the job brilliantly. I pour boiling water in to preheat before using and it certainly keeps the food piping hot. It's an excellent size for soups for lunch, and the wide neck means you can also use it for left over pasta and chilli too. The wide neck also makes cleaning really easy. I've bought cheaper...
Published on 12 Oct 2011 by Rovers Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so hot
Good news -
This flask is roomy and the opening is big enough for stews, chicken pieces...etc. The lid is also quite big if you want to eat/drink something from it.

Bad news - I religiously fill the flask with hot water for 15 minutes prior to putting my piping hot food into it but alas...by lunch time (around 6 hours later) the food is just warm enough to...
Published 23 months ago by mel

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy this if you want your soup to stay hot for more than 4 hours!, 15 Nov 2011
This review is from: Pioneer 0.5L (Full Tin of Soup) 12 Hour Food Flask 929066 (Misc.)
This is really poor it says it stays hot for 12 hours but I heated my soup up until it was piping hot and warmed my flask even though it doesnt tell you to do this! 4 hours later I came to eat my soup and it was lukewarm, tried it again several times with different food with the same rubbish result! Have since bought one for 3 from Asda which actually works. It makes me give one star but I would give it minus 10 if possible

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not stay as hot as I would like., 14 Nov 2011
N. Stephens (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this flask to escape from the monotony of 'sarnies' when I'm at college. Unfortunately it doesn't keep the food hot enough(for me), it's sort of a notch up from lukewarm, so I can only assume that during the colder weather to come it can only go down in performance. I thought the price that I paid would make it a top performing product, but alas no.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 24 Aug 2014
Kate (PLANO, TX, US) - See all my reviews
Keeps food warm when I'm ready to eat it. Wish it had a bit more capacity

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Aug 2014
brill, actually keeps stuff warm unlike others i have tried

1.0 out of 5 stars contents luke warm after 3.5 hours, 19 Dec 2012
every morning since i bought this flask i have preheated it with boiling water and filled it with piping hot soup and sealed it firmly at 8:30am. i don't open it until my lunch break at 12:00pm at which time the soup (every day) is luke warm at best.

i specifically chose this product over many similar ones as i believed their completely dishonest claim of keeping food hot for 12 hours. i'm very dissapointed to find that food is almost cold after 3.5 hours. i am returning this product and will certainly avoid this brand in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, and if it isn't you're using it wrong!!, 17 Sep 2012
I spent a good deal of time looking for a food flask, which was easy to use and looked half decent. I was not disappointed with this product at all!!

I recommend priming the flask with boiled water before use, this is really just good practice for any flask, when aiming to keep the contents suitably hot!! I can heat my soup/ stew through at 8:00am and by 12/ 1 pm it is still piping hot - and I have total confidence that the heat would last until I got home, if I didn't eat it for my lunch.

With this product, use caution when putting the lid on, simply to ensure a tight fit and thus keeping the heat in. Once you have primed for 10-15mins, with the lid on, simply tip the hot water out and pour hot food in immediately, again, to help lock in heat. This flask offers great portion size, filled to the top is a huge amount of soup to eat! (doesn't matter if homemade, because you'll know how much goodness is in there, but wouldn't advise eating a full container of processed food every day, unless you want to pile on the pounds!)

All in all, a great, robust and high quality product, which really delivers! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Luke warm soup!, 13 Nov 2013
I had been using a 3 flask from Asda to take my soup to work so I decided to invest in a larger and better product.

I bought this item over others because it was the only one that said 'keeps food hot up to 12 hours', and it is a massive let down, after 6 hours my lunch was almost cold which entirely defeats the point. My 3 Asda flask kept it hotter!

The good things, although irrelevant if the food is cold - the opening is really wide so you could certainly use it for any number of meals. The lid is a good size so you can easily fit half if not more of your meal in there rather than two mouthfuls at a time. It also looks like a well made product.

4.0 out of 5 stars HANDY FOOD FLASK, 2 July 2013
V. Gamble (lancashire UK) - See all my reviews
BOUGHT TO REPLACE ONE I HAD BROKEN.
ONLY USED ONCE BUT SEEMS OK
WARMED FOR 5 MINUTES WITH HOT WATER BEFORE FILLING WITH PIPING HOT HOME MADE SOUP AT 8AM
SOUP WAS STILL VERY WARM AT 1PM.
WIDE OPENING WOULD ALLOW CHUNKY CONTENTS - STEWS,CURRIES ETC
LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME INTERESTING LUNCHTIMES!

3.0 out of 5 stars confsion, 17 Dec 2013
food flasks are a bit of hit and miss, there's been some conflicting reviews as to how long this food flask stays hot. I can confirm your fears that it will keep liquid food stuffs hot up to 10 hours provided that it fills the flask, however solid foods maximum 5 hours. this is based on my experience. hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Buying., 24 Oct 2013
I have been using this item all week and am totally sold by it. I wanted something that would keep my soup hot (not warm)and this does it.
I fill the flask with hot water(from kettle)and leave it to stand for a few mins,(4-5)then pour my soup into it. I make sure the soup is at its hottest.
I have had it four hours later and it is still hot.
I then tried it 6 hours later and it is still piping hot.
I won't need to try it 12 hours later but I do not doubt it would still be hot.
Its a good size too, I found I could eat my soup directly from it.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›