5.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfectly formed
First of all, I'm a little puzzled by some of the reviews that say the microwave is "smaller than expected" - it's a compact microwave. Which part of "compact" do people not understand?

Published 22 months ago by W. H. J. Yip

2.0 out of 5 stars A flimsy product
I needed a compact microwave oven and this Daewoo seems to be the only choice, unfortunately.
This one was delivered exactly when Amazon said it would.
It looks good and is quite spacious inside; the main space sacrifice is in the height - it is much flatter than most.
Published on 3 April 2011 by sarby

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfectly formed, 7 Oct. 2013
W. H. J. Yip ""squodge photography"" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daewoo QT2 Compact Microwave Oven, 600 Watt, 14 Litre, White/Lime Green (Kitchen & Home)

Okay, I bought this microwave a few years ago because our kitchen is very small (I live in a shared flat in London!), and the shelf space was just about deep and wide enough to hold a small appliance. This Daewoo retro microwave was one of about three that would fit, and I chose it for its aesthetics. The other microwaves were slightly more powerful, but I wasn't after power - after all, a microwave is only for re-heating, not for cooking. This one's 600 watts; the other two were (from the top of my head) 650 watts.

Well, after a few years' usage, I have zero complaints. The numbers have not rubbed off the timer (one reviewer seems to have had an issue with that - are you scraping it every day with a chisel?), the timer still works perfectly, and the door opens and closes properly.

The lime green colour is more a "faded" lime green - the retro lime green isn't as vivid as people imagine, and I'm pretty glad too. I wasn't after a garish colour in the kitchen, and this microwave doesn't disappoint.

Someone says you can't fit a chicken in this microwave: I'm curious as to why people would cook a chicken in the microwave - surely it's tastier to roast one? Either way, get this microwave ONLY if you are tight for space. If you want POWER, buy something else - you shouldn't even be looking at a compact microwave if you have shelf/worktop space!

5.0 out of 5 stars Daewoo QT2 Compact microwave - Great/small/funky, 5 July 2011
Mr. Rjscott - See all my reviews
I bought this microwave because of its size. It is small but works great you can get most things in there. Colour is great too. Top buy great value for money. I would reccommend this if you are looking for a compact microwave.

2.0 out of 5 stars A flimsy product, 3 April 2011
This one was delivered exactly when Amazon said it would.
However, the appliance has thin, unsupported side panels, which flex and bend all too easily - you only have to lift it to bend the panels out of shape. The base plate was badly fitted, with 5mm gaps visible on two sides. It did not help that one screw was missing from the base plate. Several other of the screws that attach the base plate were loose and I had to tighten them.
All in all, I do not have much confidence that the Daewoo will last very long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasingly designed microwave, 22 Oct. 2010
SE Scott (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
Its a lovely, funky retro style and so easy to use even my nine year old has got the hang of it. Fits neatly onto the worktop and though the space inside the microwave is low I've found that most things I've wanted to microwave fit in perfectly. It seems to be very efficient at heating too - takes half the time of my old one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Microwave, 23 Feb. 2011
Bought for use in touring caravan were weight and power is a consideration,price and retro look was a bonus,very pleased with purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat & Simple!, 5 Jan. 2011
Very neat oven and simnple to use. Thought this might be a little too small but we managed to still fit a small dinner plate inside. Cups just about fit also. Perfect item with great looks if you are looking to save a little space in the kitchen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Microwave, 21 Jun. 2011
T. Jackson "TJ" (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a lovely dinky microwave. The colour is true to the picture. The only issue I have foudn with this, is that when you close the door you have to put a slight up pressure on it to make the door contact. This is no problem, because when you know this it becomes second nature. The power output is I think a little better than advertised. I cna only think good things about this product. I brought this as a present for my Mother in Law - who like most is EXTREMELY fussy. She absolutely loves it.

I would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Dec. 2010
Paul - Ndy (Carlisle, England) - See all my reviews
Forget all the bells and whistles that come with many products, this does exactly what is was designed for, simple straight forward and ideal for small spaces,

5.0 out of 5 stars funky microwave, 24 Jan. 2012
this was a christmas present for my daughter, she seems very pleased with it as she just wanted a basic model with microwaves only and she liked the funky colour green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Feb. 2012
I think that the daewoo qt2 is a perfect small dimensions microwave for a small kitchens like mine, even her appearance looks small from outside inside is a normal size plate so you can reheat a standard size dish, nice bright color is just a plus (because it makes my wife happy)!