4.0 out of 5 stars Good but needs the pods to be great!
Published on 14 July 2011 by Levin Ronnie

2.0 out of 5 stars Very pour materials
Published on 13 April 2012 by Luke

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but needs the pods to be great!, 14 July 2011
Levin Ronnie "Xrim" (Sweden) - See all my reviews
First of all the watch is very stylish and discrete so you can wear it with your normal clothes without it looking ridiculous. I agree with one of the previous reviewers that the contrast could be better, but on the other hand it is part of the discrete look since the watch becomes very dark. I have however not had any problems seeing the info on the watch so personally I don't think it is a problem.
The belt is pretty comfortable and according to Suunto it is compatible with some other brand exercise machines (great for you who travels in work and stays at hotels with gyms).
Why they don't bundle the M5 with the movestick is a mystery, it's very nice to be able to upload your data and have a overview of your previous exercises.
And according to Suunto you will be able to upload your own exercise schedules to the M5 via movescount.
Probably just another way to squeeze out another 30.
I like the possibility to add a foot pod or GPS pod to the watch and seems to be the next step when you are ready to take your running to the next level.

Well worth 4 stars and I will update the review later on as I will buy the movestick and probably the foot pod.

Edit: There is a way to change the contrast in the service menu, so that is not a factor/problem any more since you can set it anyway you like.

4.0 out of 5 stars great!, 9 Feb 2011
after 3 years with T6, I got the M5, just for the coaching program.
I am an amateur, I need this advices and it works! Great product!
it very easy to get scratches on glass, so 4 stars from me! :-))

5.0 out of 5 stars Suunto M5 ?Women's Heart rate monitor watch, 20 Sep 2010
I. E. Murray - See all my reviews
I purchased this item for my wife, as she has just started the sport of running. It arrived on time, well packed, with clear instructions, and provides all the information needed for training purposes. It has been an excellent buy and has given the new owner the drive to get out there and train. I would have no hesitation in recommending this product, and will continue to shop on line at Amazon or it's marketplace, if the items arrive on time, sensibly priced, and they do what it says on the box and advertisement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 15 Sep 2013
This is definitely the best heart rate monitor I have owned. It lets me know whe I have gone up a fitness lavel and tells me what to do to get there (and how long it will take). Simple to use and it works with most gym equipment (but is far more accurate).
The perfect way to keep tabs on your progress as it sotres all your work outs. No need to attach it to a computer as its all on the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy!, 8 May 2013
I got this as I wanted to know how many calories I burn during exercising. Does exactly that and is easy to use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very pour materials, 13 April 2012
The watch works quite well for his short life, but after only 6 months starts to take water and than die. The plastic materials are very cheap, I guess that the salt in sea destroy it in few weeks. It's my second Suunto died after some normal swimming in the sea, never got problem instead in the swimming pool. Considering the cheap materials don't use it in the water if you want it to last for several years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Sunto, 28 Jan 2011
I cannot say enough about these fabulous watches. Anyone into fitness training would be mad not to get one as it gives you goals, breaks down when you need to work and how hard, lets you know when to pick up the pace and tells you how long you need to fully recover.

I am going to invest in a Suunto Foot Pod as well as these seem to be highly recommended by others.

4.0 out of 5 stars suunto M5 mens heart rate monitor- all black, 20 Sep 2010
after much reading of spec list frOM suuto's web site i decided to go for the M5 moddle as it give the option of add on's unlike the lesser moddles.
strait from opening the box you can see this item has had a lot of time spent putting the whole pakage together, with its minamalistic looks it is easy to mistake the watch as being just a basic sports watch, it has a very light weight with a good comfortable strap, the screen is easy to read in all light conditions.
the menu screens are easy to navigate and provide a good amount of information with out over complecating any thing.
and it is so simple to get started strait out of the box, set the watch going by pressing any button, enter a few basic bits of information and your set.
the chest strap is easy to acttach and comfortable, it is synced with the wach within seconds & ready to go!!

once you have compleated your exercise you can up load your data to the "moves" site where you can gather all the variouse sports/excercise you have achived, leaving you wanting to do more & more.

althought i have only had the item for a short time i can see how it is so usable and carn't wait to start makeing the most of it.

overall a very easy item to start with plus the option of adding more features as you go.
thank you suunto.

1.0 out of 5 stars display not good, 10 Feb 2013
Ms. C. Lambert (UK) - See all my reviews
mmm the all black face does look very smart. However i am inn agreement with another reviewer and the screen is very hard to see under certain lighting conditions. I had read the review and thought i would order the all black. but today i have returned this as even with adjusting the contrast i still felt a little disappointed and thought in high sunlight it would be unreadable.
I have now ordered the silver/black version

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling contrast, 10 Jan 2011
G. Gomez-solano (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The contrast on this particular version of the M5 is very bad. I had to return it because I couldn't see anything on the screen.

ARRAY(0xb13b69c0)