4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Toaster
Published on 21 Oct. 2010 by H. Omer

3.0 out of 5 stars Standard bread just doesn't fit!
Published on 6 Dec. 2011 by mumoftwins!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Toaster, 21 Oct. 2010
H. Omer (London) - See all my reviews
I decided to buy this brand as it seemed a very good price for a 4 slice, and was slim in design so wouldn't take up too much room on my counter. So far, it's working very well, browns toast evenly and on No.3 toasts well done, so don't have the button too high. You can fit in 4 sandwich loaf slices of bread or put 2 slices of a different shaped loaf in sideways, so it's flexible to accommodate your bread shape and size. Very happy with the product, only down side is that the 'silver' colour, which I thought would match my silver fridge, is more a dull grey in reality. However, unless you're very fussy about aesthetics, it won't bother you. Good product, good price, and came much earlier than the several weeks stated when you order. Packaged securely with instruction booklet in English.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toaster, 27 Oct. 2010
I picked this toaster as I'd owned a Kenwood in the past which had given up the ghost, and I longed for a four slice which wasnt expensive. Im really happy with my choice, it browns well, I have to say mostly I use it on minimum but it really is fine for the money. It has a great cancel function, which I use all the time and the defrost feature is also very handy, especially when taking individual crumpets out of the freezer and toasting...worked perfectly. I would say though, that Warburtons' sliced bread doesnt quite fit in tall ways, so I end up placing it on its side, which reverts the toaster to a 2 slice for that particular bread, but its never bothered me, Im absolutely delighted with this toaster, no problems at all and a month of happy use so far. Oh and also, its more like grey in my opinion...!

4.0 out of 5 stars Toasts well, shame about the colour!, 5 Jan. 2011
As toasters go it does what it should, although it is rather stretching things to call it a 4 slice toaster. Four slices of bread from a small loaf - no problem, but it is not deep enough to cope with 4 slices of a normal loaf standing up. It will do 3 slices from a full size loaf if you cut 1 slice in half and toast one and a half slices per side with the bread on its side.

The controls are easy to operate and it produces nice evenly toasted bread and will cope with crumpets when on the full setting plus defrost. The cancel button ejects nicely without sending the toast airborne!

To describe the toaster as 'silver' in colour is a bit of a misnomer - prison grey or battleship grey would be nearer the mark! But what the hell, I bought it to provide me with toast, not to look at it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Standard bread just doesn't fit!, 6 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Breville VTT233 Black 4 Slice Toaster (Kitchen & Home)
Very disappointed as standard size bread doesn't fit in it! We use Hovis medium sliced bread and the top 1 - 1.5cm sticks out the top and never browns (just gets warm!)... and two slices won't fit sideways on either, the toaster just isn't wide enough or deep enough. Apart from that, the bits of the bread it does reach are nice and evenly toasted, and it looks nice!
**update ** I emailed Breville asking if there was any adjustability. Their reply "In recent years due to the many sizes and thicknesses of bread that are now available as a company we have had to accommodate for this by manufacturing various styles of toasters which are suitable for different sizes of bread.
Obviously in your case the unit you have purchased is only suitable for the smaller sizes of bread.If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase we would advise that you return it to place of purchase for exchange for a toaster that better suits your needs."
The only bread that would have fitted in comfortably would have been that Nimble diet bread...!
So now, apparently, I'm supposed to tell Breville what size bread I need to toast, and they will recommend a toaster!
Wouldn't it be nice if they give you details within the product specification, otherwise Amazon, I think you're going to have a lot of 2nd hand toasters full of breadcrumbs coming back your way!
This one will be going back, but how the heck are you supposed to be sure of getting one that your bread does fit in to!

4.0 out of 5 stars B. Payne, Hereford, 21 Aug. 2010
Mrs. Barbara Payne (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville VTT233 Black 4 Slice Toaster (Kitchen & Home)
Delivery excellent. Toaster excellent value for money. It takes 4 slices of bread comfortably but it is a little more difficult to fit in burger buns.
Looks good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Excellent Toasts!, 17 Nov. 2010
Mr. A. Michaelides "PrinceHeart" (London, England) - See all my reviews
I chose this particular toaster as Breville are well known for 'toasting' products. I needed a toaster that could handle taller slices of bread and oval shaped pitta breads, therefore a four-slice fitted my requirements. It makes toasts quite quickly and browns bread fairly evenly, I've even sliced my own bread and it handled that quite well too. This particular model is reasonably priced and overall I'm very happy with it, though I have to say, setting it on '2' is usually enough for normal sliced bread toasting. If you don't mind placing your taller slices of bread on their sides in the slots, then you can't really go wrong with this toaster. The only negative to report is the colour, as it seems to be advertised as being 'silver' but it's actually a 'grey' colour, but all in all (with exterior colour aside) it does what it's suppose to do... toast!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 31 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Breville VTT233 Black 4 Slice Toaster (Kitchen & Home)
Toaster works fine and looks good, it is not big enough for 4 pieces of bread though and browns each side unevenly.

1.0 out of 5 stars an average product, 2 May 2014
It toasts bread, maybe not as quickly as some but it does the job Just Fine and the buttons and dials are as useless as on any other toaster.

Some reviewers complain it doesnt fit a full size slice, I'd ask did you Ever have a toaster where you didnt need to toast a tall slice sideways. ie this is really a 2 slice toaster. very happy with it.

Edit (I) Other reviewers are actually quite right. It toasts too slowly, leaving the slice dry and hard all the way through. Conclusion? there are better toasters...

2nd edit: I'm really starting to dislike this toaster. Never had a slice of toast quite as poorly toasted.
.. fresh slices straight from the breadmaker needs to be cut loose from inside.
I'm no culinary nut(case) but take my (and about 70 other below 3 star reviers) advice. AVOID!

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for ..., 6 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Breville VTT233 Black 4 Slice Toaster (Kitchen & Home)
Good points - it's black, shiny and looks good on the counter.
Bad points - the wires are so weak the bread is dried before toasted, it takes ages to toast anything, cosmetically it's a cheap plastic toaster with a very short lead.
Summary - It is cheap and it can toast the bread but you get no crunch on the outside with soft bread in the centre as it turns into cardboard before the toasting process. Yes it's a toaster but it's a cheap toaster which does as it says but not with any degree of style or quality. My previous toaster was a Siemens Porche, I had it for 12 years until it stopped popping up. I bought this based on reviews; I made a mistake and I will be replacing it with something which toasts rather than dries.

1.0 out of 5 stars not a long laster, 26 Sept. 2012
G. FERNIHOUGH "potherb" (leek england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville VTT233 Black 4 Slice Toaster (Kitchen & Home)
not the greatest of toasters, did not consistantly toast to same colour, lasted 12 months and 21 days, blows the mains fuses when you try to use it ,so binned it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breville VTT233 Black 4 Slice Toaster