on 28 April 2011
I bought the pearl wand after reading a lot of good reviews but I was still a bit sceptical whether it would work on my hair. In the past I have used all sorts of different products and have never found the right one for my very long, very thick hair! Some of them didn't work at all and others only worked with a huge amount of hairspray. The wand on the other hand is brilliant and by far the best thing I have ever used. As soon as it arrived I tried it out; it's useful to watch some youtube videos to work out how to do it especially if you're not used to curling your hair. My first attempt came out VERY curly but I brushed it out, applied some mousse and still had beautiful loose curls. I didn't use any hairspray because I wanted to see how long the curls would last.....and after 24 hours they're still here(with no hairspray and having been slept on). Overall an excellent, value for money product.

Pros: tight curls or loose curls, long-lasting without spray, fairly easy to use with practice, different heat settings plus a lock system, heats up quickly, attached stand so table doesnt burn, good value for money.

Cons: can get very hot (use the heatproof glove provided!), barrel is a little bit short (my hair goes down to my lower back), hair sometimes slides off the end.

I never review products but I had to for this one because I am so pleased with it. I would definitely recommend it to anybody especially if your hair is usually quite difficult to curl.
0Comment|456 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 April 2015
This is a brilliant curling wand! Very very easy to use. I have in the past purchased a curling tong before and been outwitted by the clasping action, which would leave strange kinks in my hair and become easily tangled. The wand has no clasp and relies on you holding your hair in place.

I was a little worried that the wand would only produce only very tight curls and for about the first couple of weeks of use I feared all I could create were tight ringlets, which could be very pretty in a prom like way but not very casual. However! After watching a few youtube videos I managed to create three different types of style. Tight ringlets, looser waves and larger bouncy curls.

Tight ringlets are the most obvious. Run the hair round the barrel, from the top down to the tip. Holding in place for 10 seconds and on a high heat.

Waves require the same action, from the middle of the barrel to the end, with a much lower heat and for around 3 seconds.

Looser waves can be achieved by wrapping your hair around the top of the barrel only. With a medium to high heat and 10 seconds.

Very happy with the purchase, affordable, well made and versatile. Would defiantly recommend!

No make-up, loose curl style picture
review image
on 22 September 2015
I always used to curl my hair with GHD straighteners and thought I couldn't get a much better finish but I was wrong! Noticed this curling wand has great reviews and since it was such a low price I gave it a go and was not disappointed. Curls hold much better and longer than they ever did with straighteners and I don't need to use even half of the hold products so they feel nice for days. It's so good I can even curl my hair before bed, sleep on it and it still looks amazing in the morning. Bit hard to get the hang of at first if you've never used a wand before but worth a few sizzled fingertips. Best curls ever.
on 29 September 2014
For the price, this is a nice wand. The barrel has a nice finish and gets very hot, though i find the length a little short for my very long hair. The one thing I could wish for is an on/off switch -- the wand 'locks' by pushing a button and gets cold but the display stays on unless you unplug it from the socket.
on 19 January 2013
I am terrible at using these sorts of products but its so easy even I can do it. Absolutely brrlliant. Very quick to heat up / cool down. Quick to use. Fantastic.
on 27 June 2013
I was looking for new curlers as my hair was too long for my old ones after browsing the internet I decided on these. I love the curls it creates with my hair and after practicing a few times it is extremely simple to create completely different looks, from ''beach waves'' to your tight standard curl. However if I had to pick a flaw it would be that you can still feel a lot of the heat when using the heatproof glove that comes with the curling wand however it does provide some protection against the heat and is, obviously, better than using your bare hand which I would not recommend!
on 18 April 2013
Ahh the curls from this wand last for ages! It's so affordable too and it does wonders on a variety of hair types!
on 26 June 2013
I have never curled my hair before, I have very straight hair which is sorter than shoulder length. I am going to be dressing up as a lady from the 1940s era at the weekend and wanted my hair to look authentic too. I'd tried bendy rollers last week and they just hardly made any difference, so after complaining on Facebook about my woes, my friend recommended I buy the Babyliss Waving Wand. After looking around online and at high street retailers for it I actually settled on getting the Remington Pearl Wand instead as it seemed to do the same thing and came with the heat glove. For cheaper!
So... it came today, and I rushed home with it to try it straight out.
After watching several videos on You Tube on how to achieve the finger wave look I wanted, I set about sectioning my hair and having a bash at it. I did singe my ear slightly so was more careful after that. It took me a long time, about two hours, but as I said before, I have never used any curling heat product before. I'm not even very good using GHDs.
So the end result I am very pleased with. I look so different with wavy hair! I need a bit of practice for the back, but overall it is a great item to have in your styling collection. I can see me using this a lot.

Thanks for reading!
on 14 November 2014
The best thing I've ever bought to curl my hair. Within 10 minutes I have the wavy look I've always tried to get. After constantly trying to grasp curling my hair with straighteners, I bought these sceptical as I'm so rubbish at doing anything with my hair, but they are so so easy! I literally section my hair into 4/5 piece's and curl really big chunks of my hair, then brush it out and you get the wavy look! Takes no longer than 10 minutes! Best thing I've ever bought!
on 14 September 2015
Good quality and very easy to use - the heat protective glove provided is very handy as I know it has saved me many burns on my hands whilst learning to use it!

Only downside could be that I think it does take a little while for the temperature to reach the maximum. But still recommended!