5.0 out of 5 stars Best product ever!
I bought the pearl wand after reading a lot of good reviews but I was still a bit sceptical whether it would work on my hair. In the past I have used all sorts of different products and have never found the right one for my very long, very thick hair! Some of them didn't work at all and others only worked with a huge amount of hairspray. The wand on the other hand is...
Published on 28 April 2011 by reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars It's quite hot.
My wife made it clear she expected (amongst other things) a contraption for curling hair for Christmas. Not having much hair left, I freely admit I was out of my depth and so randomly chose this one.

The fact that it came with an oven glove and an oven condom (I don't know what else to call it) should have rung alarm bells but still, the realisation that the...
Published 13 months ago by Tester

‹ Previous | 148 49 5054 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic item, 16 May 2012
This review is from: Remington Pearl CI95 Curling Wand (Personal Care)
i had been looking for a curling wand for ages but although i had seen this one in the shops, i wasn't prepared to pay the excessive prices charged on the high street. the price of this is great and the curling wand works like magic. it did take a couple of tries to get used to it as it is completely different to using tongs. you dont need to hold the hair there for long and the curls last longer before they begin to drop.
i also loved the fact that you can change the temperature and also lock the wand at your set temperature.
i really would recommend these to anyone who is looking for a wand with all features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing curls, 17 Feb 2012
This review is from: Remington Pearl CI95 Curling Wand (Personal Care)
I have ordered the remington pearl curling wand because i have the remington pearl straightners which are amazing so i thought i'd stick within the range. Its amazing, pretty simple to use and the curls last so long. I curled them two days ago and the curls still look good now. It doesn't take much time at all. And trust me, i have used every product to try and get good looking curls but the curling wand has been the best so far. Definitely a great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect!, 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: Remington Pearl CI95 Curling Wand (Personal Care)
I am a 16 year old girl who is searching for the perfect curls to wear on a daily basis. I have tried practically everything and nothing works as amazingly as the Pearl Wand: heats up very quickly and stands easily, comes with a glove to prevent burning, looks really really nice and most importantly gives me any curls I want, loose, tight, spiral, big, small...I love it!
My hair is infamously known for never holding anything, even having curls done for prom by a professional hair dresser completely deflated and disappeared within 4 hours, but these last me a good 2/3 days with brushing! I am absolutely gobsmacked. The only fault I can find is that when you curl your hair around the larger end it can slip down to the smaller end, however I don't see this as a problem because I love the end result.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hairmazing!, 25 Dec 2011
This review is from: Remington Pearl CI95 Curling Wand (Personal Care)
I got this for Christmas, after reading some amazing reviews. Like some I have very thick hair, and the search for a curler what maintains curls in my hair for more than 5 minutes was becoming impossible not only that, but also finding a curler what does quick curls.

Pro's :- Its smooth pearl like barrel gives a smooth defined curl. Heats up to 210C which is perfect for the more thicker hair. Nice and quick curls and only takes seconds per curl. Gorgeous design. Heatproof pouch and glove. Heats up quickly.

Con's :- It is very hot, so do not risk doing curls without the glove, although the glove is not entirely heatproof, therefore if your finger touches the barrel for longer than a few seconds, it will still burn you but obviously not as bad as if you were bare handed. Hard to get use to. Very difficult to manoeuvre around your head, I found doing one side easier than the other. Barrel is very smooth, so hair can slip off easily.

Overview :- Great appliance, and I am finally glad I have found a product what works on my hair. I have found these curls last over night and still going good the next day, which is very rare for me, as any other appliance I used in the past, my curls only last 5 minutes. Like any heat appliances, it gets very hot and takes some time getting use to it, but it is worth it in the long run, as this will exceed any other curlers you may have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing curls for fine hair!, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: Remington Pearl CI95 Curling Wand (Personal Care)
I love it! It's very easy once you get used to it, but it requires some practice. You do have to be really really careful, because it gets very hot and it will burn your skin if you touch it even for one milisecond. A useful glove is provided for protection, which was a nice surprise as it wasn't listed in the description.
A tip for long hair: take each curl you make all the way up until you have a little roll and then secure this with a pin to your head, let it cool down and after you've done all your hair apply hairspray. Release the pins, and you'll get amazing tight curls! You can brush your hair to make it more wavy than curly and apply leave-in conditioning to re-shape the curls.

3.0 out of 5 stars remington curling wand, 21 Oct 2011
This review is from: Remington Pearl CI95 Curling Wand (Personal Care)
Although the product is good, it is quite hard to use on yourself and it does get really hot, i have already burnt my head and my ear, it is great to use on some-one else, i have done my little girls hair a few times and it is easy yo use on her and gives a fab result, again quite hard not to burn her as it does get very hot, all in all a good product and iam sure with practice it will get easier, a good price too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great curls but a bit hard to use, 21 April 2011
i wrote this "i did" (Bucks) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Here's what I liked about the Pearl Wand:
Lovely long cord
Comes with a heat-proof pouch for travel and for laying the wand on when it's hot/in use.
Heats up quickly and you can choose the temperature
Produces lovely curls that seem to last really well.

But it's not completely with out it's faults, so here's what I didn't like:
The instructions show you how to switch it on/control the temperature but don't show you how to use it! A few picture diagrams would be handy
Beware - the highest settings produce a lovely shiny curl, but my hair did feel a little straw-like after a couple of uses.
Quite hard to use, I caught my fingers on it a couple of times (despite the non-heated plastic end), although hopefully this will improve with practise.
If you get it at the wrong angle your hair slides off as there is no clamp to keep it in place.

I think it's a great product overall, but care is certainly needed in using it! I'd recommend it if you feel confident that you know what your doing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Curls just wanna have fun, 14 Nov 2010
SilentSinger (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven't owned a curling tong since my retractable Remington gave up the ghost in my youth. This heated hair implement is a curling wand which consists of a very long cord attached to a conical shaped barrel from which the temperature can be adjusted from 130C to 210C. It's fairly simple to use, spray hair liberally with heat protection spray (I use one from Boots' expert range as it smells so nice!) take hold of a 1 or 2cm section of hair, twist it a little then wrap it around the barrel remembering to keep hold of the end, leave for 10 seconds and release - depending on how large the section of hair was you'll be left with soft waves or a perfect corkscrew curl. If your hair is fairly thick and there's relatively low humidity expect the curl to remain in place for a few hours at least, people with finer hair may see the results drop out rather more rapidly than that.

Personally, I loved experimenting with this product as my hair is fairly straight and I haven't enjoyed curly hair since the permtastic 80s. There were some things I didn't really appreciate though and basically because my hair's cut into a layered bob it was incredibly difficult to wrap the hair around the wand without burning my fingers. I did miss the lever clip of traditional tongs because it's very hard to secure lengths of hair along the unit with ease. I found that my arms got tired much more quickly than they do when I'm straightening hair, which wasn't great and it would benefit somebody with a helpful friend or lady's maid(!) Otherwise, for the price paid it's a nice little styling aid, but I wouldn't use it too often for fear of drying out my already chemically battered barnet.

4.0 out of 5 stars More of a jewel than a pearl!, 23 Sep 2010
Mrs. T. Mannell "mannelltoni" (hampshire, england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent product, works well, beautifully easy to use and style your hair.

Heats quickly, adaptable to short and longer styles. Nice packaging, simple style of use. Looks good, works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Remington Pearl Curling Wand, 22 Aug 2010
L. M. Cowan (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The wand has a stylish and sleek design that is light, easy to handle and move through your hair and although I am a bit of a novice at hair curling I found it simple and intuitive to use. It curled my hair quickly and I was pleased with the smooth, natural looking results!

The controls are very simple to use and it is easy to adjust the temperature of the wand, a blue line flashes on the display until the set temperature is reached and then becomes constant. I also found the built on stand useful when curling my hair and cooling the wand as it stopped it from rolling across the table. The included heat-proof pouch is again a lovely addition - practical and stylish!

There is no tong clamp on this wand, so you do have to keep hold of your hair as you style it - I didn't find any trouble with this as I have long hair and found the cool tip more than adequate to help me keep my hair in place. However people with very short hair might find it a little more tricky.

The wand does get very hot so I would recommend using some heat-protective styling products.

Highly recommended!