5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!
I am not one for writing reviews unless something is really good or really awful so I felt compelled to write about these straighteners. I hummed and ha'd for ages about getting new ones - I have always had GHDs, they're good at what they do but I was fed up of replacing them every couple of years. I read the reviews for these Remington ones and still was not sure what...
Published on 2 Dec 2010 by Sazzler118

1.0 out of 5 stars Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener
Unfortunately, like other customers, I've experienced numerous problems with these straighteners. I purchased my first pair on the 9th of November 2010 for 39.95 which, by September 2013, developed an electrical crackling noise, temperamental LCD display and inevitably failed to operate. These were replaced by a second pair on the 18th September 2013 for 46.55 which...
Published 2 months ago by A James

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek and Glossy mane, 25 Nov 2010
This review is from: Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener (Personal Care)
Can't believe how great these straighteners are. Was considering buying ghd's after trying my friends pair, but was put off by the; cost; lack of heat control (I thought using them too much would dry my already frizzy hair even frizzier); and by the amount of faulty/broken ghd's on ebay. These ones straighten my unruly curly hair with ease, come with a 5yr guarantee and cost less than a third of the price of the ghd's. For me it was a no-brainer which ones to choose!

The straighteners themselves look nice and pretty (always an important consideration for us girlies)! Are easy peasy to use and ready in a flash. The temperature lock is a great feature and they are able to get really close to the root without burning your scalp. The only part I'm not mad about is the metallic pouchette that they come in, but that's just nit-picking it does the job of keeping them tidy when not in use and doubles as a heat proof mat.

All in all a fabulous purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars very impressed, 16 Sep 2010
This review is from: Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using hair straighteners for years now and this one is very impressive. I love the variable temperature and this one actually goes to 235 degrees which is a whole 25 degrees hotter than my last straightener. The higher temperature means that you can get the effect you want quicker and therefore it's better for your hair to have say a once over at a high temperature than having to go over the same section of hair more than once with a lesser product and lower temperature. I can achieve the effect I want with these straighteners faster than with my old straighteners.

When I saw that it came with a nice little pouch to put the straighteners in I thought that was nice but not very practical since you would have to wait till it was cool enough to put it away but that was before I read that it was actually a heat proof pouch and mat! Very nice!

Basically I love it and I recommend it to anyone in need of some really nice new straighteners. It would also make a very nice gift given the whole package that this product is wrapped up in - nice box, the heatproof pouch, and the straighteners themselves are really very pretty with a lovely floral design on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 10 July 2014
B Cutts (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener (Personal Care)
Bought these 22nd December 2012, it's now 10th July 2014 and these are still going strong with absolutely no signs of wear even with daily use!

Quick to heat up, does the job perfectly and the price is great.

I use my straighteners to curl and straighten my hair and these do an excellent job.

3.0 out of 5 stars THERE OK FOR A WHILE!!!, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener (Personal Care)
THEESE WERE GREAT WHEN THEY CAME I FIRST GOT THEM WHEN THEY WERE 85.00 WAS DELIGHTED WITH THEM HEATED UP INSTENTLY AND DONE THE JOB ALSO HAD A GREAT LITTLE SILVER BAG BUT ONLY LASTED 1 YEAR AND A HALF THEY HEAT UP BUT ONLY THE TOP PLATE MAKE A WEIRD CLICKING NOISE AND BOTTOM PLATE REMAINS COLD THERE GREAT WHEN FIRST BOUGHT WENT TO A GOOD TEMP OF 235!!! WOULD HAVE LOVED IF THEY STILL WORKED !!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted minutes !, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener (Personal Care)
After using for approximately five minutes this Remington pearl straightener started to make a crackling noise and flash on and off and then stopped working. I am very disappointed and appalled especially as my teenage daughter was using the straightener to straighten my hair when this happened.She already owns the Remington pearl wand which has worked well for the past year. I read the reviews before I purchased this straightener. I have returned the straightener. I do not recommend this product!

4.0 out of 5 stars :), 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener (Personal Care)
I was scared to get any other brand after I had used GHD's for years but these have not let me down ... straightens hair well and is slim/sleek like a ghd styler so i can get close to my root line :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener (Personal Care)
I am very happy about the performance of this straightener. Very fast to warm up, great quality, smooth finish within seconds. Also comes with a very practical case!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener (Personal Care)
I recently bought these for my daughter as I was fed up rummaging around in her room looking for my ghd's. She is more than happy with them, and they give the same results as ghd's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener (Personal Care)
Brilliant for straightening, curling or adding waves to your hair! Even better than my old GHD's and cheaper too! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as GHD's at a third of the price!, 4 Nov 2013
C. Blythe - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener (Personal Care)
I've been using GHD's for the past 8 years or so, and just recently they have been packing up intermittently. When they finally seemed to have completely conked out on holiday in Cornwall a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I was at the point when I couldn't put off buying a new pair any longer. I have mid-length wavy (dry and frizzy from the highlights over the years) hair, but it's pretty thick and there's a lot of it, and whenever I've tried to use others' straighteners (mother in law's Babyliss ones for example) they haven't been able to cope with my hair at all and just left me really frustrated. Despite this, my current financial situation means I really couldn't justify forking out 120 for some new GHDs. Resigned to having to buy an inferior product, I stumbled upon these straighteners on Amazon, and encouraged by the hundreds of great reviews ordered them - a snip at just over 40 quid! Well, I have to tell you I LOVE THESE STRAIGHTENERS! They have a very funky digital screen where you can adjust the temperature, and it goes up to a whopping 235 degress, which straightens my hair beautifully first time (so you don't have to go over and over a patch), and even seems to end up being less flat and lifeless than when I used my old GHDs.

If you have any doubts about these please take it from me - absolutely NO NEED to spend hundreds of pounds on salon branded straighteners - these guys do the job fantastically well for a bargain price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›