4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and well made piece of kit
Published 13 months ago by Natatores

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Tried attaching the connector to both types of valve it is suppose to fit. Both times it would not attach securely and the tyres completly deflated before I could get any air in! When I finally got it to stay attached I pumped up the tyre only to realise the pressure gauge didnt work either. It was part way up the scale before it was even attached to a tyre!
Published 12 months ago by hippothebear

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and well made piece of kit, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Airace Infinity Sport Floor Steel Bike Pump - Orange, 160PSI 1191g (Sports)
Good, well made and effective pump. I have deducted one star because of the complete absence of instructions for use. If you have never used one before it is far from obvious, particularly with presta valves. Unscrew the valve nut and push the head of the pump firmly onto the valve with the lever positioned parallel to the hose. Lift the lever so that it is at right angles to the hose and pump. If you need to release any pressure press the silver button. To remove do the reverse. There, simple when you know how.

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay but take note of the negative comments, 17 July 2013
Often, you get what you pay for. Pumping tyres on a road bike, to 80psi, demands effort and accuracy; you need an air-tight floor pump and a gauge. Shopping around, you can find pumps easily selling for 50 plus so I was in two minds about dipping below the 20 mark, Poundland territory. The positive reviews made me do it. I needed to pay attention to the negative comments.

It's a solid pump, lighter than I thought it would be (is it really steel?), the gauge could be higher up the shaft to save eyesight but there is an adjustable ring with a marker arrow which you set to your requirements. The pump has a nice smooth action, feels like it will last without too much unnecessary punishment. When storing away, the hose is clipped to the body making it all tidy.

I agree with the comments about lack of instructions. There aren't many instructions needed but they are essential. I mean, there's a fine piece of shiny cardboard branding hanging around the body and hose, how hard would it be to print a diagram and some words on one side? It's ridiculously short-sighted, for reasons explained below;

The stated "Clever Valve Automatically Detects Schrader or Presta Fitting" isn't clever at all. It's simply a one-size-fits-all head. It's fine on Schrader valves (mountain bikes etc.) but fiddly on Presta valves (road bikes). It's not impossible, there is a knack. Just don't try to master the knack in 30 deg. of heat, in full sun, immediately before setting out on a ride. It'll take the edge off your day. Once you've unintentionally deflated your tyre attempting to lock the head on, things get worse as air-tightness requires the head to be pushed right down over the valve body and, when flat, the valve doesn't push back; it just wants to retreat into the tyre. You know when it hasn't locked on because the gauge twitches but stays on zero, or you succeed in getting some air in only for the head to move, releasing the air. By now I'm thinking, it can't be right, where are those damn instructions! More by luck than judgement, I managed to get both tyre up to around 80psi. The gauge seemed to work, judging literally by rule-of-thumb (pressing the tyre, old school style), though I have not tested its accuracy.

I am now looking for a replacement head, a dual type, to replace the one-size-fits-all. Like pumps, these vary in price enormously but even if I spend 15, I reckon the whole kit will be good value. Those looking for a new floor pump, I would probably recommend going straight for one with a dual head. You may even get instructions!

I'm knocking off one star for lack of instructions and one star for the dumb head. But I'm adding a star for the overall value for money. Four stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value for money, 16 Aug 2012
This is an excellent pump . very good value for money . my previous floor pump had a max pressure of 140 psi and was much more expensive. nozzle on previous pump was constantly sticking in the presta valve position and blowing off the valve when pumping. early days but nozzle on this one looks more sturdy (metal instead of plastic)

4.0 out of 5 stars Confusing at first !, 15 Aug 2013
Mr. R. Anderson "Anysport" (Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
The first time I tried to use this pump, it was confusing and I could not get it to work. It seems so simple now that I know how, but the locking mechanism on the valve works opposite to any pump I have ever used.
The performance of the pump is actually great, it just left me puzzled for a short while....

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pump, 19 July 2013
Frank Poveda (Cranfield, Bedfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
100% reliable. Very good pump head, will connect without any hint of a problem to all Presta valves. I also like the little button that diminishes the pressure... quite useful indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decide your purpose, 16 Aug 2013
Pump seems well made, and is fit for purpose. However, the bezel round the gauge had become loose during delivery, and was initially lost in the packaging, and I found be accident. This pump is good for my mountain bike and hybrid bike. Is also OK for adding extra air to car tyres, but would not want to pump up these from very low pressure. Conventional barrel size of this pump makes the pumping action very easy. For me, I should have probably gone for a bigger barrel, so that although more difficult to pump, would have been quicker. It helps that I am 6ft and 16 stone for this. The connector is another plus point, since will fit different valve types easily, is metal, and feels as though it will last, unlike some of the cheap plastic rubbish that is commonly found. I have now thrown out my double barrelled foot pumps in favour of this. I would recommend this pump.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 3 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Airace pump, 11 May 2013
TonyD "biotone" (Up North) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Very pleased with this - robust metal tube, comfortable handle, stable on the floor and a secure fitting that automatically locks on to either Presta or Schrader valves when the lever is raised. Quick and easy to get my road tyres up to pressure - good piece of kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value track pump, 22 Mar 2013
PEJ Vasey (Ely, UK) - See all my reviews
I had trouble getting my tyres up to 105psi but not with this. Covers both valve types. Presta can be a little fiddly to clamp the pump on to, but once on it is easy to inflate and the clever connector means not silly changing of adapters. Very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, 4 Dec 2012
Arrived very quickly, solidly made, with a large, clear pressure reader. Does exactly what i need it to do, very pleased.