4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but has a limited life span...
If repeat ordering is a recommendation, then I must like this mouse, since this is the third one I've bought.

Published on 4 Jan. 2013 by FictionFan

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish scroll wheel.
Not a bad mouse apart from the scroll wheel which I think is absolute rubbish. It feels loose and has very little precision in either "click" mode or "freewheel" mode. In fact when in freewheel mode the thing is so loose that just moving the mouse around the desktop can cause it to scroll.
The biggest drawback for me is that the middle button is hopeless. Trying to...
Published on 13 Oct. 2011 by Paul Nicholls

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but has a limited life span..., 4 Jan. 2013
FictionFan (Kirkintilloch, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Logitech M705 Wireless Mouse - Black (Electronics)

Genuinely plug'n'play, this is very easy to set up - stick in the dongle, wait a few seconds and it's ready to go. It has all the usual functions, most of which I never use. It moves smoothly even without a mousemat and I find the scroll wheel works very well - getting it to go at the required speed and stop at the looked for place becomes second nature after a while. But what makes this mouse my favourite is the ergonomic design - it fits my hand perfectly and as a result I get far less discomfort in my wrist than some other mice (mouses?) have caused.

On the downside, the reason that this is my third is that I find the mouse tends not to last for more than a year to eighteen months or so before the buttons or wheel start to stick. Each time I think I should try a different brand but after much browsing I come back to this one because, when it's working, it works very well and because I find it so comfortable to use. So recommended but with reservations.

Edit: December 2014 and still going strong this time...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Mouse, 24 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Logitech M705 Wireless Mouse - Black (Electronics)
As usual, Logitech have created a rock solid mouse that is comfortable, stylish and functional. The design and build quality is excellent - fits perfectly in my hand, responsive and no rattles or dodgy joins.
My only gripe is that the free scrolling wheel is so sensitive that it can respond to general mouse movement. But the well-placed scroll-switcher means I can set it to clicked scrolling to negate that.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish scroll wheel., 13 Oct. 2011
Paul Nicholls (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech M705 Wireless Mouse - Black (Electronics)
The biggest drawback for me is that the middle button is hopeless. Trying to hold this button in to pan around a drawing in AutoCad or Vectorworks is very hit and miss - 90% miss actually. Just for this reason alone I will not be keeping it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but no long runner., 12 July 2013
This review is from: Logitech M705 Wireless Mouse - Black (Electronics)
This is a good mouse, there's no mistake about that, but now that that has been said, I do have a few issues with it.

First the pros:

This is a comfortable mouse. The position of the hand is bang on. But those who have big hands do try it first if possible. The weight is just right for me allowing me complete control over it. The feet glide effortlessly on my hard surface mouse pad and the laser tracks brilliantly. The buttons are in the right position and they have a nice feel.

Battery life seems to be durable, and at this pace I will not be surprised anymore if it lasted the 3 years that they state.

The cons:

When it arrived the feet seemed like the had glided over an abrasive surface cause they seemed already a bit worn. Odd.

The wheel wobbles around 2mm in "free spin mode" which is odd and in "stepped mode" if you lift the mouse and move sideways (and this does not have to be very fast, just normal speed) you can hear the wheel moving sideways. No biggie but really odd and annoying to the point one doubts its build quality.

The right side rest for the farthest fingers is nothing but a grip. You wont "rest" your fingers there...

Although the buttons seem nice, the left and right click buttons are "loud". I moved from a Microsoft 5000 Desktop BlueTrack Mouse that was already a bit loud. This one takes the crown. For as of this moment is is the loudest mouse I've ever had.

So, final thoughts. Do I recommend it? Sure! It's a nice mouse and it will get the job done. The batteries seem to be able to last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, comfortable and reliable, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Logitech M705 Wireless Mouse - Black (Electronics)
I would absolutely recommend this mouse to anyone, I bought one from elsewhere a while ago and while it did die out eventually, it should be telling that I intentionally sought to buy the same mouse again.
Some have complained that it's small, but I don't have such problems, maybe I have small hands. In any case the signal doesn't cut off annoyingly like you get with some (such as my previous Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse) and has good range. The lack of it being wired is also helpful for its flexibility with regard to gaming, as you don't get any wires tugging from an inconveniently short cable.
Speaking of which, some may admittedly find the DPI of this mouse to leave something to be desired for some gamers. However, having never used a true gaming mouse myself I can say this one exceeds my expectations. The side buttons can also immediately be assigned without driver hassle, at least in certain games such as Counter-Strike: Source.
In general use, the M705 also shines, but admittedly less on scrolling. Although click scrolling can feel slow at first, changing the scroll settings on your OS is an easy solution. Unfortunately the free wheel mode has been frustratingly inaccurate, at least for me, as you'll try to scroll to a particular point on a page and it'll move back a moment later. Even fast movements can cause the scroll wheel to move when click mode is off.
The same sensitivity issues also seem to effect the left and right mouse buttons themselves, but besides this I would again recommend this for anyone on a mid-range budget.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse... Eventually, 6 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Logitech M705 Wireless Mouse - Black (Electronics)
I've just had this mouse delivered. It's frustrating to use straight out of the box - what the buttons do by default doesn't seem natural, the screen jumps when you try to click a link with the scroll wheel in your browser (to open in a new tab), it wasn't picked up automatically by the Unifying Receiver I already use with my keyboard but, I downloaded the Unifying Receiver software from Logitech's website and it picked the mouse up straight away. I downloaded Logitech's SetPoint software too and, with a little tweaking, it's spot on now. You can change just about anything - so now, I have nudging the scroll wheel left/right to do the same as pressing the left or right arrows on the keyboard and I switched off smooth scrolling (which has stopped it jumping when I middle click) and it's perfect. The scroll wheel's fine, whether it's set to free scrolling or not (you click a button on top of the mouse to switch and it feels natural enough to change this on the fly, depending on what you're doing or what website you're on).

Having so many buttons, it makes doing just about anything - especially browsing the net - much quicker. There's the scroll wheel that I use for middle clicking and nudging sideways to scroll through things, there's the 2 buttons on the side that I use for Back and Forwards (for now, at least, I'm sure they could do something more useful) and you can click the mouse where you rest your thumb too (it opens an application switcher by default; I've set it to minimize all windows).

It feels really solid (not too heavy, not too light) and it's a really comfortable to hold - good shape and size, nice rubbery material on the sides and smooth, solid-feeling plastic on top. It's bigger than it looks in the photos - it's 11cm long and 7cm across at its widest.

I highly recommend this - great mouse, great features, comfortable to use. All I've marked it down on is having to fiddle about setting it up.

2.0 out of 5 stars Well made, poor ergonomics, very poor scrolling, 11 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Logitech M705 Wireless Mouse - Black (Electronics)
I bought a Logitech M705 mouse to replace an old trusty Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2 because it was becoming worn and I was also becoming tired of replacing batteries.

I chose the M705 because it offered the functions that I needed, it was right-handed, and offered a long battery life. My first impressions were that it was quite poor ergonomically, being too short and not offering enough support under the palm of the hand. The scrolling action was quite jerky, especially when viewing website pages. It was even worse when using the SetPoint software. The scrolling does not stop immediately when the wheel stops; it continues to scroll, in jerks, for a second or two, and consequently loosing the reading point. This jerky behaviour was very frustrating in use. For several months I persevered until the poor ergonomics caused me to replace it with a far better and cheaper device.

Another problem was that I found it very easy to inadvertently to press the button under the thumb, especially when doing fine selection work. The only way to avoid this problem was to disable the thumb switch.

On the upside the quality of construction is very high and battery life does appear to be in line with Logitech's claims. There are far better mice for the same or less money.

5.0 out of 5 stars After using it for a few weeks..., 29 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Logitech M705 Wireless Mouse - Black (Electronics)
I've been using this mouse for some 20 days now. So far it's working great. The laser technology is really nice, mouse works well and smooth on shiny polished table, where my old optical mouse would constantly jump around, so I don't need to use mouse mat any more. It slides very smoothly. It's comfortable, hand doesn't get tired even after using the mouse all day.

Seems like battery will hold for ever. Logitech software for adjusting mouse settings also has the Remaining Battery info. When I first turned on the mouse, it said "1045 days remaining." Now it's 1088.

The only drawback I can see right now is using the mouse wheel as a middle button. When pressing it, the wheel also scrolls just a tiny bit. This makes it difficult to middle-click on links that are somewhere on a page. For those who don't know, middle-click opens link in a new tab. I solved this by duplicating the hidden thumb button as a middle button, all that is done using the Logitech software which you'll need to download from their website. Other than that, all buttons work as expected, although maybe the Forward browser button might be a bit too far forward for my mid-sized hand. Not very important though, since I barely ever need to use it. The Back button is in a perfect spot.

It is taking a while to get used to the mouse though. With my previous one (and all public mice, when using university computers), I knew perfectly well how much I need to move it to reach a link on a page or something. With this one it's somehow difficult. The mouse acceleration and enhanced pointing options are difficult to predict, but without them mouse is a bit sluggish. But this is probably my personal problem, not a fault of the manufacturers.

==EDIT==

After using the mouse for a while longer I noticed that the previous issue with mouse wheel has disappeared, it works perfectly. The problem with unpredictable mouse movement was solved by uninstalling the Logitech software, everything works fine now. Also, I still have a lot of battery life left, it looks like it will actually last me 3 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING Mouse, 21 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Logitech M705 Wireless Mouse - Black (Electronics)
I don't know what the guy is going on about with the scroll wheel - the scroll wheel is fantastic.
The black button in front of the wheel changes the scroll from bumpy to 'non-bumpy' and as well as the two buttons on the side (which go back on forward on your internet explorer, and can also be used on games) there is a button on the bottom of the left side which lets you change tasks.

Overall it is an excellent mouse with lots of buttons, a very comfortable fit on the hand, and a durable feel.
Recommended greatly. (BTW it comes with two Duracell batteries.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse - until it stops working out of the blue., 12 Nov. 2013
Claudia King (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech M705 Wireless Mouse - Black (Electronics)
Probably my favourite model of mouse I've ever had. Unfortunately, it flat out refused to work on the first computer I tried it with. No worries, I thought, I'll just use it for my desktop instead. Everything was fantastic for around a year, until the same problem inexplicably reappeared and my mouse stopped working.

Figuring it had just broken, I ordered a replacement, only for that to refuse to work (with either computer) as well. After some online research I found out that a lot of other people have had the same problem, where certain machines just stop detecting the Logitech wireless receiver out of the blue due to some software issue with no concrete solution.

I'd forgive this as a fluke of technology if it had only happened once, but for me to have the exact same problem on two different computers is a bit much. As great as this mouse is ergonomically, it's useless and frustrating when it stops working and you can't find a software solution after hours of attempts, especially considering the price.

Logitech M705 Wireless Mouse - Black