5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it !!!!!!
Published 15 months ago by Poppy2009

Published on 14 Sep 2011 by Daniel Dummon

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it !!!!!!, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Endurance - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
Usually I go for thrillers but thought I would try this book cos the reviews got me wondering if a book could be that scary. Although I didn't get particular scared, I found this book a real page turner and have read it in only a couple of sessions. The story gets u hooked from the start and u just have to keep reading satisfy your curiosity. This would make a fantastic film. Going to try another Kilborn and hope it's as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Endurance, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Endurance - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book. Not only frightening but incredibly creepy. I really enjoyed reading this book and will definitely be looking forward to my next Jack Kilborn aka J.A Konrath story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 15 Mar 2011
This review is from: Endurance - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
This book gave me nightmares! I read it over 2 days and finished it about 10 minutes ago. Last night was the most disturbed night I have ever had. Was it worth it? Hell yes! I love a truly good horror story and thats exactly what Endurance is. If I had to compare this book to Horror movies to give people an idea imagine the Saw movies mixed with Wrong Turn and any other film filled with Freaks and you come close to this, in my opinion, unique story. Clever, witty, terrifying and even heart warming at times this truly is a masterpiece. Word of warning this book is not for the squeamish and if you are brave enough to read it, don't do like I did and read it at 3 in the morning before trying to get to sleep...

5.0 out of 5 stars ., 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Endurance - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic book gripped from the beginning
have recommended to my family and friends
couldn't wait to read others by this author

4.0 out of 5 stars You will sleep with a light on!, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Endurance - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
Intense and gripping from page one, you won't be able to put it down and you will definitely be sleeping with one eye open.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am never staying in a hotel again!, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: Endurance - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
I read this because Afraid freaked me out and I hadn't read a book that actually scared me in quite a while. I was hoping it was as good and it didn't disappoint. This book and Afraid are clever in the way they are not just gory but shocking, sometimes sickening, tense and really suspenseful. You really root for certain characters to survive but the author is brave enough that some of them don't. I'm downloading another one of his books right now.

2.0 out of 5 stars Gory is not scary and violence is not suspenseful (in this case). Still, I kinda liked it in a trashy, fun way., 14 Sep 2011
This review is from: Endurance - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
BANG! Gore. BANG! Violence! BANG! More gore. BANG! More violence! BANG BANG! More gore AND violence! But where was the suspense? Very little in my opinion. Still, though, I kinda liked it. The hillbillies were more boring than scary. The book was more gory than scary. In fact, it wasn't SCARY at all!! But it was kind of thrilling in places. And I did like the characters, especially resourceful kick-ass Florence and the wonderful Deb and all her prosthetics. A trashy, fun read, but wish it had been edited better for poor formatting/spelling/grammar mistakes ... and more suspenseful. Overall, 2.5/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 16 Jun 2011
Shell (Lincoln, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Endurance - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
This book was absolutely fantastic and I couldn't stop reading it! I haven't read a horror for a long time as I tend to read crime/mystery but since buying a Kindle I am reading a bit of all sorts. Fast paced and full of suspense but definitely not for readers who have weak stomachs as some of the writing has very graphic descriptions and it even made me squirm lol. I have just bought 'Afraid' and 'Trapped' and can't wait to start them, I hope they are as good!

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good horror but be warned it is quite shocking in parts.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's more gory than scary., 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: Endurance - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
ENDURANCE was my first venture into Kilborn's world. I haven't decided yet if it will be my last. I usually prefer suspense to gore. This is a trashy, demented, over-the-top horror. The premise was initially unusual and weird (female triathlons terrorized in an eerie inn festooned with presidential memorabilia) until it got a little stale (bloodthirsty hillbillies ala 'The Hills Have Eyes'). I liked the strong female protagonists including Letti, Florence, and especially Deb. The narrative gets increasingly lurid as it progresses. There's a handful of good suspenseful, edge-of-your seat moments. Sadly, however, these are almost over-shadowed by the ludicrous onslaught of repetitive twists and turns featuring hillbillies, deformities, mountain lions, and trying-too-hard-to-shock-and-revolt scenes of gory violence. All in all, much like the work of an author I used to read as a teen (Richard Laymon - this book is reminiscent of him) this is a mixed bag and in the end not very scary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously sadistic but goryily good, 23 Oct 2014
This review is from: Endurance - A Novel of Terror (Kindle Edition)
this book puts me in mind of the films wrong turn and cabin in the woods. Just when you think it can't get any worse for the characters you realize it does! what a heroine feisty Florence is and what a brilliant twist to Cam. If you loved the aforementioned movies then this book is for you. Looking forward to starting the follow up now. Keep the Gore fest coming.....

Endurance - A Novel of Terror