on 2 March 2009
Absoloutly Superb Album. Amy Macdonald is a awsome artist great voice good lyrics. the track "This is the Life" really is a good song. all the tracks are fantastic. its especaily great as theres an extra disc with Live versions. and the Acoustic version of this is the life. i have Seen Amy Macdonald live aswel and she really is worth going to see. one of Scotlands finest female talents i would have to say. i recomend this Album is a good choice for anyone to buy. her lyrics are just right. buy the album, sit back and enjoy!
review image
on 1 June 2010
Bought this album after hearing the title track 'This is The Life', not expecting too much but i think this album is fantastic. Stand-out tracks for me are:

Mr Rock and Roll
This Is The Life
Poison Prince
Barrowland Ballroom
A Wish For Something More

All of these are great upbeat songs which i loved, her voice and the acoustic guitar work great together, not to take away from the others but these were my favourites. The one disc edition is more than worth it but the two disc edition comes with some great Acoustic and Live versions of the singles where you can really hear the scottish accent come out. Also the track 'Rock Bottom' is one of the bonus tracks on the second disc which i thought was easily worthy of being on the album so the two disc edition is excellent value.

If you like folk style guitar and a strong voice then check this out!
on 13 February 2014
I just came across Amy McDonald (apparently, with three kids, I have been under a rock for years). She is spectacular! She is the first new artist that I have been able to get excited about in years. Some of the tracks reveal her young age on this disc (Youth of Today, This is the Life), while others hide it behind insightful songs (Mr. Rock and Roll). No doubt she was an up and coming talent when she released this record, and that raw talent shines strongly in this least polished, but most organic of her three records to date.
on 28 December 2015
I only discovered this wonderful album on Christmas day. My mother popped on the new stereo I had bought her and the first track was of course Mr Rock and Roll. We played the album through with my mother singing every word. Mr Rock and Roll was in my head all the 110 mile journey home. I promptly ordered this album complete with autorip...it's been on repeat now since Boxing day... it really is brilliant...! I have now ordered the other 2 albums, await the new one promised in 2016 and plan to see Amy live asap.
Amy has a new fan!
on 2 February 2015
Amazing album - I don't think I can pick a favourite track out of this masterpiece.
on 7 October 2010
great debut album from amy macdonald.
this deluxe version includes a second cd with more fabulous songs.
 This is the Life
on 5 October 2015
Exellent recording, very well worth to buy as it is a must have cd.
on 2 May 2011
Having just bought A Curious Thing for Pretty Face, I was amazed to discover that unlike most albums I buy, only a couple of tracks stand out and make it to a playlist, however I have made this a play list of its own as I LOVE every track! That is unbelievable to me,So gonna buy more! Keep on Keeping on, Amy.A Curious Thing
on 13 February 2016
excellent product - excellent service!
on 17 March 2015