on 21 February 2011
I was truly amazed to stumble upon this Slayer DVD here on amazon to discover it had no reviews. War at the warfield is a straight forward DVD from the God hates us all tour back in 2001 where they played a 19song liveset spread over their back then 8 album discography at the auditorium in San Francisco. Even though everyone (albeit rightly) harps on about Reign in blood in actual fact there is actually little biased songlist evidences here, and in my opinion this adds to the diversity and memorableness of the night. I wasn't there personally mind you, but I did get this DVD when it came out and have always found it to be hugely enjoyable. There's also a good crowd here at this live show and the band are on pretty good form as well. (With the possible exception of Tom Araya who often struggles vocally with some of slayer's older material,) but he handles the duties overall very well and sings with conviction. It's also solid graphically in comparison with other live shows filmed around about the same time, the pricing here on amazon is currently rock bottom at the time of writing and as such an excellent DVD like this at such a low price is a bit of a huge bargain. If your even considering this it would definitely be a few small quid well spent.
on 10 August 2012
I wasn't a big Slayer fan before I watched this but now I am. This DVD has loads of extras including some quite interesting clips of the fans at the concert and a music video of "Bloodline". The sound quality is good but there are bits which it is lacking, in some parts it sounds a little muddy but you will barely notice it. If you like music you should get this! :)